Champions League Final

Kid Dynamite

Reports this morning of Liverpool fans with no tickets, counterfeit tickets, or just photocopies of genuine tickets turning up and trying to get into the game, some succeeding. One scouser talked about people "climbing a wall" to get in. Will they ever learn? No surprise to find the media blaming the "heavy-handed" police either.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports this morning of Liverpool fans with no tickets, counterfeit tickets, or just photocopies of genuine tickets turning up and trying to get into the game, some succeeding. One scouser talked about people "climbing a wall" to get in. Will they ever learn? No surprise to find the media blaming the "heavy-handed" police either.

Aye it's boiling my piss on 5 live like. I never arse myself, but this time I even sent a text. Ain't read it out like.

Thing is, it's difficult to feel sorry for them. Celtic turned up for the UEFA Cup final in Seville with about 10,000 more fans than tickets yet there was no bother whatsoever. In fact, UEFA gave them an award for their behaviour iirc.

Aye it's boiling my piss on 5 live like. I never arse myself, but this time I even sent a text. Ain't read it out like.

I sent one in too mate. Just said that it's not the first time that ticketless scousers have turned up to get into a game they should never have been at, that we should just be thankful that we didn't have another disaster on our hands, and that the British media would do well to be a little less hasty to lump all the blame on a police force trying to deal with the situation. Didn't hear that get read out either.

Listened to the phone in on talksport late last night at work, and those presenters werent blaming heavy handed policing, but were openly condemning fans who turned up without tickets, saying they should be ashamed of themselves etc etc.

Edited by Toonraider

I sent one in too mate. Just said that it's not the first time that ticketless scousers have turned up to get into a game they should never have been at, that we should just be thankful that we didn't have another disaster on our hands, and that the British media would do well to be a little less hasty to lump all the blame on a police force trying to deal with the situation. Didn't hear that get read out either.

Is this really a problem specific to Liverpool fans though? Are they not an easy target? These counterfeit tickets, who supplied them? Why aren't the police arresting the counterfeiters, are they even arsed about it?

I've been listening to 5 live too and the whole thing sounds a bit shambolic. But surely the real problem is that half the tickets are sold to corporate "fans", not just in this match but in virtually every final, meaning even in mega-stadiums there are far to few tickets for ordinary fans. Of course, it's nice this is overlooked when there is an easy stereotype to pick on.

Is this really a problem specific to Liverpool fans though? Are they not an easy target? These counterfeit tickets, who supplied them? Why aren't the police arresting the counterfeiters, are they even arsed about it?

I've been listening to 5 live too and the whole thing sounds a bit shambolic. But surely the real problem is that half the tickets are sold to corporate "fans", not just in this match but in virtually every final, meaning even in mega-stadiums there are far to few tickets for ordinary fans. Of course, it's nice this is overlooked when there is an easy stereotype to pick on.

UEFA's policy has been the same for years regarding tickets and has any other club had this sort of problem?

The BBC, especially Five Live, is so pro-Liverpool it's unbelievable. I found out yesterday that Jane Garvey and Anita Anand are both Liverpool fans now as well. Add Alan Green, Spoony, Lawrenson, Hanson...the list is endless.

If you don't have a ticket because a corporate fan has it, then tough shit. Don't turn up at the stadium and try to get in though. Just because it's unfair that the corporates get the tickets doesn't mean that a fan blagging his way into the ground is blameless ffs. The stereotype is REAL.

UEFA's policy has been the same for years regarding tickets and has any other club had this sort of problem?

Aye, and see my point on Celtic, who also turned up to a major european cup final a couple of years back with 10s of thousands of ticketless fans and caused zero bother.

Listened to the phone in on talksport late last night at work, and those presenters werent blaming heavy handed policing, but were openly condemning fans who turned up without tickets, saying they should be ashamed of themselves etc etc.

Well they've changed their tune this morning.

I don't honestly know, but I'm sure ticketless fans travelling to matches and trying to get in happens all the time. ManUallover or whatever he's called has stated several times people double up going through the turnstyle at SJP, for instance.

Fact is, the problem wouldn't happen with adequate technology or policing, just as it wouldn't at Hillsborough. It actually saddens me that fellow football fans are so willing to have a pop at others when the authorities are at fault. If the Greek police are incompetent and the facilities are not up to scratch, then it shouldn't have been held there. And also, there should not be so many corporate tickets. Do you agree on that point, at least?

If you don't have a ticket because a corporate fan has it, then tough shit. Don't turn up at the stadium and try to get in though. Just because it's unfair that the corporates get the tickets doesn't mean that a fan blagging his way into the ground is blameless ffs. The stereotype is REAL.

There are real stereotypes, but you're generalising too much. Fact is, if Newcastle got to the finals of the CL, I reckon exactly the same thing would happen.

I don't honestly know, but I'm sure ticketless fans travelling to matches and trying to get in happens all the time. ManUallover or whatever he's called has stated several times people double up going through the turnstyle at SJP, for instance.

Fact is, the problem wouldn't happen with adequate technology or policing, just as it wouldn't at Hillsborough. It actually saddens me that fellow football fans are so willing to have a pop at others when the authorities are at fault. If the Greek police are incompetent and the facilities are not up to scratch, then it shouldn't have been held there. And also, there should not be so many corporate tickets. Do you agree on that point, at least?

How are the authorities at fault? These tramps turned up and blagged their way into a game they should never have been at. They knew exactly what they were doing, they deprived paying fans of their rightful places in the stadium, and they caused near riots outside the ground. They were climbing over walls ffs - how do you blame the authorities for that?

Would you behave like that without a ticket, and then blame it on the authorities?

How are the authorities at fault? These tramps turned up and blagged their way into a game they should never have been at. They knew exactly what they were doing, they deprived paying fans of their rightful places in the stadium, and they caused near riots outside the ground. They were climbing over walls ffs - how do you blame the authorities for that?

Would you behave like that without a ticket, and then blame it on the authorities?

Of course fans like that are scum and deserve criticism. My problem is you are generalising that all Liverpool fans are like this, and that the problem is specific to Liverpool. I disagree.

Of course fans like that are scum and deserve criticism. My problem is you are generalising that all Liverpool fans are like this, and that the problem is specific to Liverpool. I disagree.

I don't think for a second that all Liverpool fans are like that. But you're blaming last night's problems on the authorities for selling tickets to corporates. Which is bollocks. The problem was caused by Liverpool fans - not all of them, but Liverpool fans nonetheless.

What about that twat on here bragging about getting in on last years ticket at SJP and in other grounds? they're the only fans I've known to do this.

Of course I agree that the ticketing system was poor, depriving real fans of a chance to see their team.

However I think you're being hypocritical in having a go at us for our views on the scousers while you yourself are blaming the police with much knowledge of the situation.

From what I've read there were several checkpoints along the way to the ground where tickets were checked and it seemed to me that the police has what they thought was an adequate system in place. What the police and I don't think anyone had planned for was quite so many Liverpool fans trying to blag their way in with what most of them must have known were forgeries.

Ultimately the problem was caused by Liverpool fans who hadn't got proper tickets trying to get into the ground.

Guest alex

It was last night.

Guest alex

I thought Liverpool were over cautious last night. Milan were there for the taking imo. They were lightweight upfront (thought Inzaghi did well though and worked his bollocks off without much support), lacklustre in midfield, looked a bit shaky at the back and they have a bit of a dodgy keeper. Benitez brought Crouch on too late and missed a trick by not letting Bellamy's pace stretch the Milan back four. Liverpool were still a little unlucky on the night but I think that goal just before half-time knocked the stuffing out of them.

Bellamy will be seething like. "Craig Bellamy did not join Liverpool to sit on the bench. Craig Bellamy will be considering Craig Bellamy's options over the summer, and ultimately doing what is right for Craig Bellamy. Craig Bellamy is finishing speaking now."

Guest alex

Bellamy will be seething like. "Craig Bellamy did not join Liverpool to sit on the bench. Craig Bellamy will be considering Craig Bellamy's options over the summer, and ultimately doing what is right for Craig Bellamy. Craig Bellamy is finishing speaking now."

Craig Bellamy's away in the summer I reckon.

Is everyone glad an Italian team has won it more than an English one?

Yes.

Benitez talked of as some sort of God at 7:40pm yet had become a tactical buffoon by 9:35pm. I love scousers me.

Seems strange to me that there are so many fans here that have in the past said they would rather see Newcastle win a corner than see England win the world cup, but suddenly get patriotic and emotional when Liverpool play an Italian team in the European Cup final.

Spot on IMO

There is a surprise. Brought to you by the official broadcaster of liverpool fc, the BBC