Ameobi

2bias

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Aye, because Shola's absence was the only thing separating us from finishing 4th.. maybe even 2nd!!

:secret:

I think you've inadvertently made my point for me ;)

Funny you should mention Milners crossing when comparing Dyer. Bling Boy is even worse! In fact he never passes the ball more than 10 yards anyway. Because he cant!!

I'd be happy with Viduka, Ameobi, Owen and Martins as our 4 next season. Can always recall Carroll if needed. Dont see why we need Nonda tbh.

Funny you should mention Milners crossing when comparing Dyer. Bling Boy is even worse! In fact he never passes the ball more than 10 yards anyway. Because he cant!!

I'd be happy with Viduka, Ameobi, Owen and Martins as our 4 next season. Can always recall Carroll if needed. Dont see why we need Nonda tbh.

Not if he comes to Scunny ;)

Does he have a future??

What does everyone think? Martins, Owen, Caroll, and now it looks likely Viduka can Ameobi hold down a regular place against these other players.

I would like him to stay he has got better over the years but i think he can only be back up.

future England player a few years ago according to the dopey fucks on here

Does he have a future??

What does everyone think? Martins, Owen, Caroll, and now it looks likely Viduka can Ameobi hold down a regular place against these other players.

I would like him to stay he has got better over the years but i think he can only be back up.

Where have you been ASE?

Aye, because Shola's absence was the only thing separating us from finishing 4th.. maybe even 2nd!!

:lol:

Well on the basis of the O5/05 season, I can safely say we'd have been better off with the might Shola up front than Sibierski/Rossi/Luque/Milner/Duff etc.

Does he have a future??

1 goal every 2 games under Roeder tbh, you dopey fuck.

Edited by ewerk

Occasionally there were glimmers of Ameobi being our next long term No.9 but sadly enough he does not have that killer instinct needed. Sometimes he has nice touches and can take people on but never seems to accomplish much and often goes towards heavy traffic instead of moving away from it. What bothers me most is his lack of ability to win more high balls, it's like midgits can out jump the giant. I would have thought his size would be an attribute to out muscle defenders but it doesn't happen and that ties in with the lack of killer instinct.

I would love to be wrong and he could turn out to be a first-team starter but I see him as a bench-warmer or out the door.

I would love to be wrong and he could turn out to be a first-team starter but I see him as a bench-warmer or out the door.

He should never hold down a first team place for a team with aspirations of a CL spot, thankfully I don't think Fat Sam will view things sentimentally and will look at players solely on merit.

If Big Sam even contemplates playing Shola, even in a pre season friendly, I'll write him off before he even gets going.

So you're going to judge a new manager on one decision? :)

I'm sure Barton could also do a decent job up front.

Wink?

Barton can certainly strike well, just look at what he did to Ousmane Dabo's face !

If Big Sam even contemplates playing Shola, even in a pre season friendly, I'll write him off before he even gets going.

So you're going to judge a new manager on one decision? :)

I think Bobby was the only one of our last three managers who realised that he didn't deserve to start every game. Our last good manager, incidentally, was Bobby.

Still think it's absolutely ridiculous the amount of stick he gets here. HJe's just an average player, though one who has done excellent in the last year and a half, yet people still criticise him as if he's done something terrible.

"Ameobi should be shot", "If Big Sam even contemplates playing Shola, even in a pre season friendly, I'll write him off before he even gets going." etc - looks like some people feel a tad too strongly about this issue. :lol:

I doubt you would have been saying this just over a year ago. They'll probably dodge the issue of his more recent form as always, and start whining about how he was rubbish 150 years ago and all those dopey fucks here etc etc.

Regardless of form, he has no footballing brain. Even during his goalscoring spree he still spent a lot of time either being offside or messing up our plays.

If he wasnt a "local lad" he would have been out a long time ago. Seeing him get chance after chance whilst Chopra never got a proper one is sickening. Shola would be just as annoying strolling about at Championship level. Hopefully Carroll can rise to the occasion and get in front in the pecking order as soon as next season.

Regardless of form, he has no footballing brain. Even during his goalscoring spree he still spent a lot of time either being offside or messing up our plays.

If he wasnt a "local lad" he would have been out a long time ago. Seeing him get chance after chance whilst Chopra never got a proper is sickening. Hopefully Carroll can rise to the occasion and get in front in the pecking order.

Chopra was a local lad aswell so doesn't that make your comment a bit, well bullshit?

I know Ameobi can be frustrating, but if he's scoring goals you should at least be grateful. He's better than someone who doesn't make many mistakes, but barely gets a shot at goal. Basically what Chopra was like for us.

Anyway, Shola was scoring, Chopra was coming off the bench and not scoring - don't see why Chopra would deserve the starting place instead.