Wigan snaffle Bramble

khay

Wigan boss Chris Hutchings has made his first foray into the transfer market by snapping up former Newcastle defender Titus Bramble.

Bramble was shown the door following an error-filled spell on Tyneside, but his availability on a free transfer alerted a clutch of clubs.

Portsmouth were believed to be leading the hunt for the 25-year-old, but he has instead headed to The JJB Stadium.

Bramble has been handed a three-year deal and Hutchings is delighted with his first dip into the transfer market.

"This is an excellent signing for us," Hutchings told the club's official website. "He will add experience to the back four and now we must keep up the chase for further targets. "Other clubs were very interested and it speaks volumes for us as a club that he has chosen to come here."

From SkySports

be nice next season for us to make him look stupid playing against him

If he plays against us it'll be a defensive performance unequaled in football history, capped by him scoring the winning goal for them.

If he plays against us it'll be a defensive performance unequaled in football history, capped by him scoring the winning goal for them.

yeah most likely have the game of his career

Guest alex

yeah most likely have the game of his career

And then drop a clanger.

I actually feel a little sorry for Wigan... nobody deserves to have a player as shite as Bramble, well, except the mackems perhaps.

I actually feel a little sorry for Wigan... nobody deserves to have a player as shite as Bramble, well, except the mackems perhaps.

I dont feel sorry for them one bit, its hillarious :lol:

New Wigan Athletic signing Titus Bramble has said that he is delighted to sign for the club: 'As soon as I spoke to the manager my mind was made up.'

Titus Bramble has said that he is really looking forward to the challenge at Wigan Athletic, and that he can't wait to meet his new team mates.

'This is a really exciting move for me," he told Wigan Athletic.tv, "and I'm delighted my future is sorted and I can look forward to next season.

"As soon as I met Chris Hutchings I knew I wanted to sign for Wigan Athletic. This is a really forward thinking club with big ambitions. He made it clear that he wanted me and that felt great. When I spoke to other players about Wigan and Chris Hutchings they only had good things to say. His reputation as a coach who improves and develops players is excellent. Other clubs did approach me but I know this is the right move at the right time of my career.

"I'm still only 25 years old and have a lot to learn. I'm a big believer that you never stop learning in this game and I'm looking forward to improving as a player at Wigan. I have a lot of top flight and European experience already but I'm hungry for more, to do more and at Wigan I'm going to have that opportunity.

"I have no regrets about my time at Newcastle! It is a tremendous club with brilliant fans and I thank everyone there for the help and support they gave me while I was there. This is a new challenge and I can't wait for pre season training to begin."

"I have no regrets about my time at Newcastle! It is a tremendous club with brilliant fans and I thank everyone there for the help and support they gave me while I was there. This is a new challenge and I can't wait for pre season training to begin."

No regrets how about 4 seasons of shit football you short sighted muppet

Guest alex

That YouTube comp is funny. Now he's left. He actually played really well in that match against Arsenal when he cleverly pass the ball to Given's forehead. Which probably sums him up - even when he's playing well he's liable to drop the odd clanger.