Joey Barton signs 5 year deal

Jimbo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't see barton and emre complementing each other too well. hope i'm wrong like.

"nice wooly gloves Mr Belözoğlu"

"why thank you Mr Barton, lovely knuckle duster I must say"

i can't see barton and emre complementing each other too well. hope i'm wrong like.

"nice wooly gloves Mr Belözoğlu"

"why thank you Mr Barton, lovely knuckle duster I must say"

:lol:

He's a good player, but he's another of these midfielders who the media describe as 'box to box', in other words he's not good enough at either attacking or defending so he just saunters around doing both. See Parker, Jenas, Emre etc.

Yeah, like that Viera. He was like a headless chicken...! :lol:

Due to the amount of 'decent' players who've come to Newcastle United over the years and been absolute garbage, I'm going to give anyone, Barton included, the benefit of the doubt.

If he comes, he's our player and given the rebuilding needed, we have to get behind them all.

so who's the better player? parker or barton?

I haven't watched Barton intently at Citeh, but i can't help feel that him and the extra money are better than Parker.

Plus it really wasn't going well for Parker last season, he was becoming a target for the moron fans who spend their whole time booing players an moaning all the time and i think it best he moved on. Plus he didn't seem to gel well with either Butt or Emre, perhaps Barton will, or maybe we'll sign another CM player!

Pretty obvious Parker didn't want to be here so we're better shot of him. As for Barton, obviously he's done some fairly unpleasant things off the pitc, but let's just hope he knocks that on the head. He's certainly a good addition to the squad.

Pretty obvious Parker didn't want to be here so we're better shot of him. As for Barton, obviously he's done some fairly unpleasant things off the pitc, but let's just hope he knocks that on the head. He's certainly a good addition to the squad.

Bit like Bellamy really isn't he, and you were always a big defender of his! :lol:

at least it means parker is no longer captain, which has to be a good thing because he was an automatic starter regardless of how he was playing.

who would everyone make the new skipper? i'd give the armband to either solano or given.

I'd never make a keeper captain in a million years.

That's what I was thinking. Never thought I'd say this but I'd be tempted to give it to Butt, or possibly Solano IF he is a regular next season.

if we don't sign a new right back i reckon solano will start most games - he wouldn't be a bad choice of captain in the lead by example mould.

The signing of Barton is reminiscant of when we signed Bowyer. However, I think we have, in Allardyce, a man who can get the best out of the player than we did with SBR and Bowyer.

As for the captain, not Given. He's a decent vice-captain but he doesn't have the coverage of the pitch in order to captain the whole side.

I'd consider Butt (but we may bring in someone else who'd be better).

The signing of Barton is reminiscant of when we signed Bowyer. However, I think we have, in Allardyce, a man who can get the best out of the player than we did with SBR and Bowyer.

As for the captain, not Given. He's a decent vice-captain but he doesn't have the coverage of the pitch in order to captain the whole side.

I'd consider Butt (but we may bring in someone else who'd be better).

Barton is a better footballer than Bowyer. I havent seen enough of him to say he is definitely going to be a success but he seems to have more going forward the others in the squad.

Anyway, I am assuming that there are about a dozen players who will improve in our current squad. Too many going through the motions and neither Allardyce of the pitch or Barton on it seem to tolerate that.

Think Barton and Nicky Butt would be ok together as long as we have a bit of pace on the flanks.