Owens Newcastle Future

highpants

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i find totally laughable is the fact the fat bastard spent 17mil on him then let this clause be inserted...joke tbh and thats why Mr Ashley will put his foot up the fat bastards arse at the first opportunity.

Some businessman you Freddy

The point I was hoping to get some people to arrive at. It's not Owen's fault it's there. It's the club's. They agreed to it and it just shows the amount of desperation we were showing at the time we signed him.

I think we're all aware it's not Owen's fault the clause is there, although that could be argued that Owen only agreed to join if the clause was there, which makes him partially responsible.

What people are pissed off about is that we stumped up a shit loads of money to sign him, he's hardly played for us and now could be fucking off at a reduced rate.

Given that he's staying silent on the matter, he's definately "hedging his bets". If he was going to stay then he'd come out and say so. He's banking on one of the "big" four coming in for him, then he'll be off like a shot.

And put yourself in your shoes and consider the shambolic way the club have conducted themselves in the 2 years he's been employed by them, can you really blame him for moving on if he does?

He's not partly responsible at all - he requested a clause and the club agreed to it. We could have told him to fuck off because it had the potential to ensure we lost out but we didn't....

It's cast iron proof that we were absolutely desperate to sign him and epitomises the way in which we were being run.

He's not partly responsible at all - he requested a clause and the club agreed to it

I'd define that as making him fully responsible.

Why did he ask for it? - for exactly the reason we are now finding out - so it would be easier for him to leave when it suited him.

Continuing the analogy from above if a girl way out of your league agreed to go out with you on the basis that you dropped all your mates, burned all your CDs and gave up watching football then yes, its your "stupid" fault for being so desperate to agree to it but that doesn't make her less of a bitch.

He's not partly responsible at all - he requested a clause and the club agreed to it

I'd define that as making him fully responsible.

Why did he ask for it? - for exactly the reason we are now finding out - so it would be easier for him to leave when it suited him.

Continuing the analogy from above if a girl way out of your league agreed to go out with you on the basis that you dropped all your mates, burned all your CDs and gave up watching football then yes, its your "stupid" fault for being so desperate to agree to it but that doesn't make her less of a bitch.

She also had a headache all the time so you only got 12 shags in two years, then she got her pals to write notes to the other boys saying "my mate fancies you"

I might be naive but I'd wager a lot of the animosity towards Owen is born out of frustration due to his long term absence rather than genuine anger at the (as yet) unsubstantiated rumours regarding his departure.

but that might just be me. ;)

I might be naive but I'd wager a lot of the animosity towards Owen is born out of frustration due to his long term absence rather than genuine anger at the (as yet) unsubstantiated rumours regarding his departure.

Bit of both for me. I've stuck up for him as a lot of the 'only interested in England' stuff seemed to suggesting that he was in some way to blame for either injury. I think he is trying to engineer a move away though.

I'm totally frustrated by what's happened to him injury-wise and I do think he has his eyes open so that his view extends beyond Tyneside. But as I've said, given the fact he has not emotional ties to the area, the fact that whilst he has been on the payroll the running of the club has been nothing short of shambolic plus the fact that the outgoing chairman publically slated him, it's hardly surprising.

When he has been fit, he's always given 100% to the cause - to that end, he owes the club nothing.

It took two people to sign the contract and in a similar vein to if the wages had been stupidly low you'd have to blame Owen for agreeing to them and place no blame on the club for 'trying it on', the inverse is true of the situation we find ourselves in now.

The clause exists because the contract does. The contract exists because some muppet at the club signed it. They could have refused that clause. And yes, I know that means we likely would have missed out on him.

Absolutely - if he'd banged in 40 goals in two seasons then I would "blame" him less if he does leave but the "what might have been" is a killer.

I also agree with Wacky - the idiot has to realise that his trophy signings don't share his "geordie nation" bollocks.

I think the best for both would be for him to at least see things out until the winter break. That way, while he is fit, he will get a better chance to see where we are going, and Sam to see if he fits into his plans.

If Sam is thinking of his usual 4-3-3 then I'd have thought Viduka supported by Owen/Martins could be canny.

Of course, trouble with waiting until Winter is that if he did leave then, and we were using him, we'd need to find a replacement sharpish (or expect to see Dyer etc up there).