SSN "Ashley Wants Rid Of Entire Board"

Tooj

Leazes is seething.

Edit: Just noticed in the other thread that his doesn't affect himself/Fat Fred.

I think sticking with the likes of Dougie Hall and Shepherds family members would have been sheer lunacy anyway.

Edited by Isegrim

will any of these new guys have the experience of running a football club to that standard that freddie did.

time will tell.

David Dein B)

All joking aside, I do wonder if Henry's decision to leave Arsenal is indicative that he knows that Dein will definitely NOT be returning to Arsenal - he's certainly mentioned that Dein leaving has affected his decision.

Perhaps DD has already agreed to another role elsewhere? B)

will any of these new guys have the experience of running a football club to that standard that freddie did.

time will tell.

David Dein B)

All joking aside, I do wonder if Henry's decision to leave Arsenal is indicative that he knows that Dein will definitely NOT be returning to Arsenal - he's certainly mentioned that Dein leaving has affected his decision.

It was the first thing that came to mind when I heard Henry was fucking off. I can't see Dein going back to Arse unless they sell up to that Yank.

I really do think i'd cack my pants if we got Dein. It would be the biggest signal of intent that Ashley could make.

time will tell.

David Dein B)

It was the first thing that came to mind when I heard Henry was fucking off. I can't see Dein going back to Arse unless they sell up to that Yank.

I really do think i'd cack my pants if we got Dein. It would be the biggest signal of intent that Ashley could make.

Given the 'pleasant surprises' (:angry:) we've had since the last home game of the season, it'd be in-keeping if Dein ended up here :icon_lol:

Does Dein still own shares in Arsenal?

People bring that up as though it'd be a deal-breaker. Shares are sellable you know.... B)

On the flipside to all this, Arsenal would perhaps have been a lot more successful if Dein had splashed the cash a bit more when it was needed. Is it worth having a good manager and billionaire owner if the chairman is going to be tight with the purse strings?

On the flipside to all this, Arsenal would perhaps have been a lot more successful if Dein had splashed the cash a bit more when it was needed. Is it worth having a good manager and billionaire owner if the chairman is going to be tight with the purse strings?

Arsenal have spent plenty in the past, I think the funding of their new stadium has had a lot to do with their lack of ambition in the transfer market.

There is more to being a top football administrator than signing cheques I would imagine. B)