Live Earth

Radgina

By the way, my attendance at the concert pretty much sets me apart as Toontastic's premier eco-warrior.

Did you fly down there by any chance? :icon_lol:

My carbon footprint's fucking massive like.

Certainly not! I got the train. :icon_lol:

Simon Le Bon was, I assume, trying to make a point about some of his fellow artists though, mincing on stage and shouting "Hands up if you DIDN'T get here on a private jet!". Obviously all of the crowd plus Duran Duran put their hands up. Dunno who he was having a dig at like.

Duran Duran btw. Jesus wept! <_<

I know Snow Patrol had to get a private jet to get them there from the Oxegen festival in Ireland and I imagine there were a few more acts who had to come from there and T in the Park by private plane.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't show the clips from other countries until between the live acts at Wembley. Which is when most people went to the bar/for a piss. Think yourselves lucky though if this meant that you didn't have to sit through TWO songs by Shakira ffs.

Want a good shoeing for going imo

They didn't show the clips from other countries until between the live acts at Wembley. Which is when most people went to the bar/for a piss. Think yourselves lucky though if this meant that you didn't have to sit through TWO songs by Shakira ffs.

Want a good shoeing for going imo

Blatantly gutted you missed the Pussycat Dolls tbh. DONTHCAAAAAAA! :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Did you like any of the acts?

I had it on the tele while I was doing a bit of DIY, sounded ok. As a Toon fan though its well worth going to Wembley for non-footballing occasions as you've no chance of going for any other reason! Absolutely class stadium. Where abouts were you sat?

Tried to stay up on the evening to watch the best bits from the other concerts around the world (Namely the Pumpkins and Roger Waters in NY). They showed one fucking Smashing Pumpkins song while showing the whole 40+ minutes of what looked like Macy Gray on stage :icon_lol:

Did she do 'I Try' by any chance?

Nee fucking idea, I flicked it over to Fight Club and then kept switching back when I thought she may have fucked off. Seemed like she was one for a fucking eternity.

Who was the old yank lass who wandered around the stage with an acoustic guitar going on about the American Dream. She was on for ages too.

Oh, and i'd rim KT Tunstall :icon_lol:

Edited by Skol

Guest alex
Did she do 'I Try' by any chance?

Nee fucking idea, I flicked it over to Fight Club and then kept switching back when I thought she may have fucked off. Seemed like she was one for a fucking eternity.

Who was the old yank lass who wandered around the stage with an acoustic guitar going on about the American Dream. She was on for ages too.

Oh, and i'd rim KT Tunstall :icon_lol:

I was taking the piss. It's all I've ever heard her do. Tunstall's a lezza isn't she btw?

Tried to stay up on the evening to watch the best bits from the other concerts around the world (Namely the Pumpkins and Roger Waters in NY). They showed one fucking Smashing Pumpkins song while showing the whole 40+ minutes of what looked like Macy Gray on stage :icon_lol:

Just grabbed the Waters torrent off dime .. class

Just grabbed the Waters torrent off dime .. class

I just watched it on YouTube. I wish he'd done Leaving Beirut, that would've been fucking quality.

:icon_lol: Did you like any of the acts?

There was a lot of cack on, but some people that I otherwise would probably have never seen that I enjoyed - RHCP, Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys. Damien Rice and David Gray were alright too. Some of it was just weird though - that John Legend doing one song. And those scientists that had formed a band in the fucking polar icecaps standing on a lump of ice playing this horrible song.

I was sat in block 502, which had it been a football match would probably not have been a million miles from the halfway line. Canny high up though.

I was in 502 aswell when I went to see Muse, would have been a quality view for the football. I could see the people vaguely, even the big screens looked tiny from up there! I was very surprised they didn't bother using the in-built big screens behind each of the goals tbh.

well it was my first trip to wmbley and i loved it, a quality day's entertainment! the foos and metallica obviously stole the show but then i enjoyed keane, bloc party and even the blacked eyed peas a lot as well! being dat there for the length of time though and I felt it was my new home by the time went home. Gutted that metallica were moving in the day after we left!

I'll have to watch what i recorded now to see what i miss, but whatever it looks like it really was ten times better actually there. Best day out for a long time and well worth £40