Ashley wants a global superstar

Jimbo

I can't believe anyone would object to these sort of signings after Allardyce has already shown he is fully aware of what needs to be done in terms of defence and squad. The fat man would have went for this type of signing without looking into that first. Obviously we still need to do work in other areas first but getting a player of this type of quality (especially someone like Deco who would give us a spark in midfield none of our players can come close to) would be a massive boost to our chances of climbing the league.

I'm not saying these stories are true but if they are I'm sure SA would be as excited as anyone if he was given the oppertunity to work with these types of players.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean Isegrim, but if say, Sevilla win 2 or 3 La Liga's in a row, do you think people around the world are all of a sudden going to stop supporting Real Madrid & Barcelona? If they had a few "Galacticos" in there while doing that, then they'd have a much better chance of becoming a global brand.

Sevilla are perfectly happy with the way things are going. and surely with Dani Alves they are beginning to create their own 'galactico' rather than buying them in.

True, but they are not aspiring to this global status that Ashley wants, to do that you not only need success on the pitch but "galactico" players too.

We are still not knowing what kind of "global" status Ashley really wants. Newcastle United are global brand already anyway, so it's more about making a better profit of it. But there are loads of ways to do it. "Trophy" players, flair players, celebrities, players from abroad (Asian market) etc. For me there is too much guesswork involved to really see what Ashley's "planning" :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_< is about.

The best way of doing it in my opinion is by winning trophies, but as we all know that's easier said than done, I don't think NUFC is at the global status that Ashley has in mind, we are not at the same level of global stature as the likes of Barca, Juve, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen etc, we are leagues below them in terms of merchandising, which I think is what Ashley has in mind.

It would be good to see his blueprint for success.

Guest Patrokles
I see what you mean Isegrim, but if say, Sevilla win 2 or 3 La Liga's in a row, do you think people around the world are all of a sudden going to stop supporting Real Madrid & Barcelona? If they had a few "Galacticos" in there while doing that, then they'd have a much better chance of becoming a global brand.

Sevilla are perfectly happy with the way things are going. and surely with Dani Alves they are beginning to create their own 'galactico' rather than buying them in.

True, but they are not aspiring to this global status that Ashley wants, to do that you not only need success on the pitch but "galactico" players too.

We are still not knowing what kind of "global" status Ashley really wants. Newcastle United are global brand already anyway, so it's more about making a better profit of it. But there are loads of ways to do it. "Trophy" players, flair players, celebrities, players from abroad (Asian market) etc. For me there is too much guesswork involved to really see what Ashley's "planning" :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_< is about.

The best way of doing it in my opinion is by winning trophies, but as we all know that's easier said than done, I don't think NUFC is at the global status that Ashley has in mind, we are not at the same level of global stature as the likes of Barca, Juve, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen etc, we are leagues below them in terms of merchandising, which I think is what Ashley has in mind.

'Leading players at up to 80% off.'

and a free Dunlop golf umbrella.

Guest Patrokles

Michael Owen- was £17m, now only £9m!!

Michael Owen- was £17m, now only £9m!!

<_<

Two for three

Take a Owen and a Martins, get a Babayaro free.

Guest Patrokles
Two for three

Take a Owen and a Martins, get a Babayaro free.

Surprised you didn't take the chance of offloading Emre too! :icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles
.com are now carrying the story that according to credible sources the Deco deal is allegedly already done.

Bloody hell. Fair play!

Guest Patrokles
Shit the bed! Bit of a coup like.

Not only that, but any subsequently ambitious attempts we make at signings will be very encouraged by this, allowing us to attract a better calibre of left-back, for example.

.com are now carrying the story that according to credible sources the Deco deal is allegedly already done.

fookin hell.

Jimbo, bet you wish you had of waited to buy that new shirt now :icon_lol:

Edited by sammynb

fookin hell.

Jimbo, bet you wish you had of waited to buy that new short now :icon_lol:

I've nearly peeled the M off already.

If .com are reporting it then I think we can say it's nearly a done deal. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_<

They have lost a bit of the inside view when it comes to transfers in recent years (since the Woody deal), so I am still a bit sceptical, but as has been said, this would really be a big coup.

fookin hell.

Jimbo, bet you wish you had of waited to buy that new short now :icon_lol:

I've nearly peeled the M off already.

:icon_lol:

Planning on getting my new shirt in time for Juve game so holding off to see who else we sign...

If .com are reporting it then I think we can say it's nearly a done deal. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_<

They have lost a bit of the inside view when it comes to transfers in recent years (since the Woody deal), so I am still a bit sceptical, but as has been said, this would really be a big coup.

True but at the same time the last couple of seasons they've kept away from regurgitating any old rumour, so they must think there is some truth in it.