Hopes and Dreams

catmag

Inspired by a (rather brief) discussion at work tonight.

If you weren't bound by the constraints of everyday living, mortgages, relationships, kids etc, what would you be doing? If money were no object and you could just do something you were passionate about, be it a job or just something you've always wished you could do, what would it be?

The reason it was a brief discussion was because one of the lasses decided she'd love to be a Formula 1 driver but immediately dismissed it saying that she'd never get the weekends off work and that her husband would never let her :razz:

Without any worries, I would love to be a cobbler.

I have always been good with my hands and find the art of shoe making (hand-made shoe making) fascinating as well as being very creative.

Those who came for a pair of my exceedingly exclusive shoes would have to wait some time for them as I would be off on travels at regular intervals :razz:

I've always fancied owning my own videogame arcade\club. It would have to be a members only though with a strict no tracksuit, rockport, henry lloyd, la coste or burberry dress code

thats a realistic one, my dream would be to the ruler of my own island in the pacific where I would be the only man (well maybe a few of me mates) and the rest of the population would be women of course. My word would be the law..HA! Lets see who does the washing up then eh

Edited by luckypierre

When I was a young'un, like most lads I wanted to be a footballer. I wanted to play for Newcastle and England of course. But, I quickly realised I was shit at football.

When I was a bit older, getting into decent music and stuff, I wanted to be in a band. Honing my Guitar playing, which is average. I can knock out some tunes, but nothing special, singing - I can sing in tune, but that doesn't neccesarily mean you're a good singer, and writing songs. I think I've written some quite good ones, and a few shockingly bad ones as well.

Nowadays, there's a few things I want to do. I want to be a writer. I'm working on a few ideas. Who knows if they'll ever get to the publishing stage or not, but you can have a go and see what happens.

Alternatively, if I had a bit of money, the last couple of years, I've said, if I win the lottery I'd buy the old Odeon on Pilgrim Street and turn it into a Rock/Indie venue. Knock all the seperate screens into one big venue (as the cinema itself used to be) for a couple of thousand people.

And make the basement (formerly the Bimbis fish & chip cafe) into a rock/indie club, and a small venue for local bands.

I'd also open some recording studios.

That's what I'd do if I won a few million on the lottery.

I've always wanted to one season go to every Newcastle first team game home and away, prefrably when we had a European campaign.

Maybe in a few years time, big style fancy doing that, while maybe finding the time for it by taking a year's sabbitacal. Though I think that'd be a necissity considering how much time off you'd need!

Other than that, like Geordiesned there's loads of places in the world I'd like to visit, could do a bit of that.

I'd set up a café/bar/restaurant type place somewhere sunny and civilised, with my entire CD collection as the jukebox, of course. :razz::D

Then find someone trusted enough to run the place while I went off travelling the world for six months of the year.

rock star or a professional footballer. cant be much of a bigger buzz than scoring in front of 52000 or having a huge crowd singing along to a song that you wrote.

27946[/snapback]

Me too.. how unoriginal.

One thing is certain: I wouldn't be an accountant.

Don't know what I'd fancy really, but sometimes when I watch those travel shows like Lonely Planet on Discovery, I think that must be a class job - getting paid to travel the world and take in new places. Wouldn't mind doing that.

I'd be in goal for Bracknell Bees  :razz:

27987[/snapback]

On Brocks theme, I'd build an ice rink in Newcastle and set up a team to play out of it. I'd also have my own rec team and play NM. I always wanted to play NM and reckon I'd be pretty good, just my skating is sheeeite.

Got to be a bit mental to go between the pipes I reckon, if I was a hockey player I'd like to be a defenceman who scored plenty of goals with his slapshot from the blue line.

For the Toronto Maple Leafs too :D

28286[/snapback]

I'm too small and soft as shite to be an enforcer, too slow for anything else. Anyway, it's my fucking team and I'll play where I like! :razz:

Got to be a bit mental to go between the pipes I reckon, if I was a hockey player I'd like to be a defenceman who scored plenty of goals with his slapshot from the blue line.

For the Toronto Maple Leafs too :lol:

28286[/snapback]

I'm too small and soft as shite to be an enforcer, too slow for anything else. Anyway, it's my fucking team and I'll play where I like! :razz:

28294[/snapback]

:D

Toontastic team then, you in nets, me in defence, just need another three for the starting line now!

Baggsys me getting to lift the Stanley Cup, though if that trophy gets any bigger I might need a hand off someone!