Places That Are shit...

Tom

I'd warn against LSE like if you don't have perfect GCSEs. I was told I would probably be rejected with 6 A*s.

Why would a university reject you on the basis of your GCSEs? It's the A levels that count, no?

It is, but because nearly all LSE applicants are predicted AAA, and they're not allowed to interview (because 40% of their students are internationals), it's the only method they have apart from the personal statement.

It's generally only LSE and Durham who are uptight about GCSEs, the rest don't care (including Oxbridge).

Make sure your personal statement is awesome then. What are you applying for?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd warn against LSE like if you don't have perfect GCSEs. I was told I would probably be rejected with 6 A*s.

Why would a university reject you on the basis of your GCSEs? It's the A levels that count, no?

It is, but because nearly all LSE applicants are predicted AAA, and they're not allowed to interview (because 40% of their students are internationals), it's the only method they have apart from the personal statement.

It's generally only LSE and Durham who are uptight about GCSEs, the rest don't care (including Oxbridge).

Politics, Philosophy and Economics. Not sure where yet (might give Oxford a bash, will see how results go :lol:)

where i work, Sheerwater near woking. the hills have eyes has nothing on this place.

You work in Sheerwater??

I sometimes frequent our office just down the road from you in West Byfleet :lol:

Politics, Philosophy and Economics. Not sure where yet (might give Oxford a bash, will see how results go :lol:)

Ah right. I know a few people doing/have done that course, they seem to really like it, good choice. I wouldn't recommend Oxford, but that's only because the guy at the careers fair I went to when I was 17 was exactly like Tim Nice But Dim.

Didn't we agree a while ago that Scunthorpe is the shittest place in Britain?

Nope, you just decided it was shite night out.

Scunthorpe's biggest problem is the fact that it is surrounded by Hull, Grimsby and Doncaster; 3 of the shittest places in this country.

Has anybody mentioned that place on the coast between Shields and Seaham? Can't remember its name now but I think it begins with S as well.

Sally

South Shields? :lol:

Scunthorpe's biggest problem is the fact that it is surrounded by Hull, Grimsby and Doncaster; 3 of the shittest places in this country.

The East Yorkshite Triangle? Donny is piss poor for a night out. Grimsby is ugly beyong Boro proportions and Hull is just weird. In the middle of that you have Scunny. Brigg is quite nice though.

The East Yorkshite Triangle? Donny is piss poor for a night out. Grimsby is ugly beyong Boro proportions and Hull is just weird. In the middle of that you have Scunny. Brigg is quite nice though.

Talking of Grimsby and Hull, I believe the piece of skin between a vagina and a woman's anus (the female gooch) is known the Humber Bridge because it links 'the fishy bit to the shitty bit'.

Talking of Grimsby and Hull, I believe the piece of skin between a vagina and a woman's anus (the female gooch) is known the Humber Bridge because it links 'the fishy bit to the shitty bit'.

:lol: I might have to tell a lass I work with that. She's very proud of her Grimsby roots. Fuck knows why. Not a hound either.

I did have the misfortune to visit in daylight as well though. And loads of other people also suggested it as the worst place in Britain! I've only been to Doncaster once, and very briefly so I can't comment. However, my friend from their tells me that 'people go to Scunny for their weddings cos it's posh' so I don't dare contemplate just how bad it is.

I did have the misfortune to visit in daylight as well though. And loads of other people also suggested it as the worst place in Britain! I've only been to Doncaster once, and very briefly so I can't comment. However, my friend from their tells me that 'people go to Scunny for their weddings cos it's posh' so I don't dare contemplate just how bad it is.

Doncaster is the aids capital of England. Hull is the teenage pregnancy capital of England. Someone in Grimsby invented Sunny Delight.

Need I say more?

Doncaster is the aids capital of England. Hull is the teenage pregnancy capital of England. Someone in Grimsby invented Sunny Delight.

Need I say more?

:icon_lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevieintoon
Surprise surprise - Stevie puts Liverpool top of his list! :woosh:

Seriously, have you ever been?? Most people's perception of a place that they think is shit is based on something they've heard. Liverpool has a stigma about it, very much like Newcastle which probably does it a terrible injustice.

Nah, Liverpool is a bit of a dump. It does have some very nice areas, but on the whole, it's awful. I've got relatives on Merseyside (Wirral), so I've been down that way more times than I can remember since I was born. You drive through Liverpool from the Motorway to the Mersey tunnels, and it's full of derelict buildings/half-demolished buildings, huge bits of wasteland, and it's not like it's a temporary thing, I've seen it year after year. You think about some of the ugly eyesores of the 60s and 70s in Central Newcastle - thankfully we don't have too many, but central Liverpool is full of them. Outside Lime Street station is pretty bad - you've got St Georges Hall directly opposite the station, which is a lovely building surrounded by awful 60s monstrosities. Admitedly, in the last few years the centre has been tarted up a bit mind. And despite numerous trips to see us away at Liverpool and Everton, the area around the two grounds is incredibly desperate, and I can't think of a worse, more deprived area I've seen.

Cracking post Tom, said it all really.

The Tools menu on MS Word is somewhere that's really shit. Why would I ever want Speech Recognition and why do I always end up selecting it by mistake when I only want to do a word count?

Other than me being a mong, obviously.

The Tools menu on MS Word is somewhere that's really shit. Why would I ever want Speech Recognition and why do I always end up selecting it by mistake when I only want to do a word count?

You could just make a short cut to the word count on the toolbar. .. :woosh:

You could just make a short cut to the word count on the toolbar. .. :woosh:

And miss a chance to bitch about Microsoft? Never, I tell you!