Dyer talking to west ham

khay

I hope his replacement is the wardrobe DIOP for around a million with the rest being put towards the bleeding defence! I quite fancy a bit of Height at CM for the first time since probably Hamamn. We need cover at DM also with Butt being the only one we got. I fancy Emre, Zog, Milner, Solano, Luque, Duff, Barton, Viduka & even Martins to show more creativity than Dyer has done for years so perhaps another attacking midfielder isn't essential for now.

Edited by bassplayerjj

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setanta have a lot to learn about interviewing. Sam was pulled from pillar to with Sir Les on one side and Paddy O'Duff on the other.

Seems to have been to the Craig Hope school of asking questions which require one-word answers....."So Sam you must be pleased" and the like.

Setanta have a lot to learn about interviewing. Sam was pulled from pillar to with Sir Les on one side and Paddy O'Duff on the other.

Seems to have been to the Craig Hope school of asking questions which require one-word answers....."So Sam you must be pleased" and the like.

Agreed, it was cringeworthy.

I get the impression West Ham is on a mission to sign every fuckin player possible, cockney wanks :icon_lol:

I hope his replacement is the wardrobe DIOP for around a million with the rest being put towards the bleeding defence! I quite fancy a bit of Height at CM for the first time since probably Hamamn. We need cover at DM also with Butt being the only one we got. I fancy Emre, Zog, Milner, Solano, Luque, Duff, Barton, Viduka & even Martins to show more creativity than Dyer has done for years so perhaps another attacking midfielder isn't essential for now.

I like diop as a player and would love some power and height in cm. And those who doubt Smith... including myself will have to remember that sir alex saw he was a good player with potential and so did the england boss at the time so maybe he could be a decent signing. Well im going to keep telling that to myself haha

The words that Gemmill quoted sound lovely. They make me smile.

I don't see Smith or Gudjohnsen as replacements for Dyer. Dyer, in my opinion, is a right winger who can also play central midfielder and upfront. The other two are strikers who can also play in as central/attacking midfielders. Whilst both are good players, I don't see how they fit into our squad at the moment. I hope the replacement is someone completely different.

I don't see Smith or Gudjohnsen as replacements for Dyer. Dyer, in my opinion, is a right winger who can also play central midfielder and upfront. The other two are strikers who can also play in as central/attacking midfielders. Whilst both are good players, I don't see how they fit into our squad at the moment. I hope the replacement is someone completely different.

Wayne Routledge for replacement :icon_lol:

Edited by bawan

Wayne Routledge for replacement :icon_lol:

Probably. It's all getting a bit too optimistic on here.

Allardyce on Setanta says Dyer will sign for West Ham tomorrow, and will be replaced.

Said he'll be replaced tomorrow no less! That was actually a pretty good post-match interview:

- Minimum of 3, maximum of 4 players needed

- We are strong in every area but defence

- Problems over signings have been the lack of European football - the quality of player he's been looking at wanted Europe and could get it elsewhere

- No problems with not getting money ("Everything's fine"). Him and Mort are working together on the signings that need to be made and they hope to "win the battle because it needs to be won".

For those that missed it. :icon_lol:

Superb!

At least the calibre of players Sam's after would appear to be top notch, just a pity we're not in Europe this season.

That good, good to hear, but the comments still make you think we need to see before we buy which contradicts his other comment about funds etc. Unless, he has agreed with Mort about not having too many players in on position. So, if we sell dyer we can get in another midfielder, but we can sign a few defenders as we are short.

Newcastle boss: We might go for Man Utd's Smith

tribalfooball.com - August 01, 2007

Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce admits he's keen on Manchester United striker Alan Smith.

After confirming an offer from West Ham had been accepted for Kieron Dyer, Allardyce said: "There might be an interest in Alan Smith now.

"Has there been a bid made for Alan from Newcastle? There have been many bids made."

From tribal but with quotes.....

Allardyce on Setanta says Dyer will sign for West Ham tomorrow, and will be replaced.

Said he'll be replaced tomorrow no less! That was actually a pretty good post-match interview:

- Minimum of 3, maximum of 4 players needed

- We are strong in every area but defence

- Problems over signings have been the lack of European football - the quality of player he's been looking at wanted Europe and could get it elsewhere

- No problems with not getting money ("Everything's fine"). Him and Mort are working together on the signings that need to be made and they hope to "win the battle because it needs to be won".

For those that missed it. :icon_lol:

Class stuff! :razz:

Wait for all the pessimists to say he should have come out with this info before now... :icon_lol:

No, he should prove it's going to happen. Roeder did actually tell us pretty much exactly the same thing, and failed.

Aye, quite reassuring but I agree with Gol in that it's actions not words needed. I feel a bit more confident about Allardyce fulfilling his promises though.