Man City

Guest James_coDurham

Manchester City have signed Brazil midfielder Elano from Shakhtar Donetsk for £8m to complete a hat-trick of deals for manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The Swedish boss also picked up Javier Garrido from Real Sociedad for £1.5m and Vedran Corluka from Dinamo Zagreb for an undisclosed fee, on Thursday.

Elano, 26, and left-back Garrido, 22, have secured a four-year contracts.

Croatia defender Corluka, 21, who can play at either right-back or central defence, has signed a five-year deal.

I'm really desperate for West Ham and Man City to fail next season.

I'm more worried about West Ham though. They're signing players with Premiership experience, whereas City's buys are all unproven in England.

Edited by Bombadil

Now is somebody up here going to get their finger out?
I don't know, but the four-eyed cock clown isn't goint to do anything.

Awooga! :icon_lol:

And have you heard of any of them bar Elano?

Your point?

Would you prefer panic buys and team full of players that you've never heard of and are unproven in the Premiership that all speak a different language?

Guest James_coDurham

Your point?

Would you prefer panic buys and team full of players that you've never heard of and are unproven in the Premiership that all speak a different language?

So every successful player in the premiership has to be well known prior to coming to the premiership in order to succeed?

Your point?

So every successful player in the premiership has to be well known prior to coming to the premiership in order to succeed?

Asking questions is fun isn't it?

They've spent lots of money but it remains to be seen how well they've spent it.

I'm still confident that in the likes of Owen, Viduka, Martins & Barton at least we have players who are considerably better than what they have.

Theyve bought 8 players - quite few other teams in prem also bought that amount.. Seems to be a lot more signings this season than previous?

has sky given even more money to all the clubs this year or something

:lol:

As SSN have said though alot of there signings are not proven players, There players who can be potentialy good. Sven seems to be doing alot of gambling with all these signings,

The thing with Man City is that they were a complete pile of shite last season, so have a long way to go and whilst they may be good players (mostly i don't know them) they probably all won't instantly fit into the pace of the prem.

The likes of Viduka, Geremi, Barton and Smith are already proven in the prem as is Owen who is essentiall a new signing this season.