José Enrique

Baggio

Can't see the interview sadly...Chez, do you have a way of seeing iplayer in France or do you just hope it goes on youtube a few days later like I do?! ;)

No way of viewing the iplayer but am happy to rely on the unbiased objective analysis of our TT regulars :rolleyes:

Sounds like he only sold Milner on the premiss that he already had a replacement lined up.

I'm sure that replacement wasn't supposed to be Nacho Gonzalez mind.

Can't see the interview sadly...Chez, do you have a way of seeing iplayer in France or do you just hope it goes on youtube a few days later like I do?! ;)

No way of viewing the iplayer but am happy to rely on the unbiased objective analysis of our TT regulars ;)

Tynese whispers.

Fuck that was bad. :rolleyes:

actually, this is a better thread for the Keegan interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fc3sy

Does anyone actually care what KK thinks anymore ??

you should, because he's telling you it like it is and he should know. This is the bloke who attracted you back to the club, remember

Aye, whatever :rolleyes:

well, if your information about the football club comes from skunkers, it says everything.

It doesn't. I was watching games long before the internet was even a byte.

BTW did you ever read that link I posted, which actually was sent to me by a mag who doesn't frequent message boards.

In other words he has an insight into the club that you could only dream of having and what he's commenting on goes totally against what you believe in. Yes people do listen because one thing you've always got from Kevin Keegan (and always will) is the truth. Wears his heart on his sleeve and says what he thinks - regardless of who it upsets.

What's more, he's bang on the money about the Milner transfer too and you cannot possibly argue otherwise.

What do I believe in ??

haven't listened and probably won't, is of no interest to me, won't help us win the next game and until the summer is no better or worse conjecture than anything anyone could post on here. Of course I remember, to some, he is an inviolate object of worship and only tells the truth all the time, but even taking that into account his opinion is only an opinion.

Your lack or respect for him says everything there is to say about you. The greatest thing to happen to our club in two generations, and you're questioning the value of his opinions. You don't always have to look for an alternative view.

The greatest thing to happen to the club in my lifetime (and I'm not 2 generations old) was winning the Fairs Cup in 1969, he had nowt to do with that.

I would agree he gave me some of my best days as a Newcastle supporter, but that's in the past. He's just a pundit with an opinion now (however informed it may be) and does not mean he's right (or wrong) yet. I would also add he also gave me one of my worst days as a supporter in 1974.

what a load of shite. Most of that Fairs Cup team - great lads to a man too - know that this club should have gone on to better things after that win, but were held back by the board at the time, just like now.

I don't expect you to be able to look at the bigger picture anyway, most people attracted back to the club by the Halls and Shepherd can't, all they see is hatred at not winning the league as they hoped. Tragic.

This club, the status it has now which is the reason Ashley has bought it, owes everything to Keegan. Everything, he saved the club from your dreaded administration, the 3rd division, oblivion. If not for him, assisted by those who took over the club, we would have been in the doldrums for years like Sheff Wed, Wolves and others have been.

Utter shite, we WON a meaningfull trophy, it's not been better than that since.

Second bit, if you keep saying it I suppose it must be true.

So fucking what "it's down to Keegan", it's in the past, will that help on Saturday against Everton

Sad to see so many people slagging off Keegan again on Newcastle Online

What they saying like?

It's actually inconceivable to me how people could slag someone off who took us from the brink of non existance to one of the best teams in Europe within three years.

you should, because he's telling you it like it is and he should know. This is the bloke who attracted you back to the club, remember

Aye, whatever :rolleyes:

well, if your information about the football club comes from skunkers, it says everything.

It doesn't. I was watching games long before the internet was even a byte.

BTW did you ever read that link I posted, which actually was sent to me by a mag who doesn't frequent message boards.

I can't remember, probably, but I'm happy I know more than most people about the football club without blowing my own trumpet or anything. One thing I do know, is I'm not blinded by hatred of the people who gave me by a million miles the best 15 years I've ever witnessed, the only period anybody tried to make this club what it ought to be, and no amount of whinging on about warehouses or any other irrelevant rubbish will change that. Its a fact that thousands of "supporters" out there were attracted back to this football club by the previous regime, and most of them won't admit it, and the vast majority who actually DID support the club come what may in the preceding decades actually appreciate what they did.

Of course, I may be wrong, but those who didn't, and people who don't appreciate what Keegan did for this club, hang your heads in shame.

i enjoyed those years, what a shame you let all those worries about impending administration because we were "spending above our station" blah blah ruin it for you. The mackems obviously were doing it right all along, and not taking risks, playing at places like Port Vale while we played in the Nou Camp.

I "tucked" you [to use a skunkers phrase] the other day, when you said you should enjoy success while it is there. I couldn't agree more. You should say this more often, but without the blind hatred.

What they saying like?

It's actually inconceivable to me how people could slag someone off who took us from the brink of non existance to one of the best teams in Europe within three years.

"What difference does it make? He's in the past now." © Toonpack 2011

:rolleyes:;)

In other words he has an insight into the club that you could only dream of having and what he's commenting on goes totally against what you believe in. Yes people do listen because one thing you've always got from Kevin Keegan (and always will) is the truth. Wears his heart on his sleeve and says what he thinks - regardless of who it upsets.

What's more, he's bang on the money about the Milner transfer too and you cannot possibly argue otherwise.

What do I believe in ??

haven't listened and probably won't, is of no interest to me, won't help us win the next game and until the summer is no better or worse conjecture than anything anyone could post on here. Of course I remember, to some, he is an inviolate object of worship and only tells the truth all the time, but even taking that into account his opinion is only an opinion.

Your lack or respect for him says everything there is to say about you. The greatest thing to happen to our club in two generations, and you're questioning the value of his opinions. You don't always have to look for an alternative view.

The greatest thing to happen to the club in my lifetime (and I'm not 2 generations old) was winning the Fairs Cup in 1969, he had nowt to do with that.

I would agree he gave me some of my best days as a Newcastle supporter, but that's in the past. He's just a pundit with an opinion now (however informed it may be) and does not mean he's right (or wrong) yet. I would also add he also gave me one of my worst days as a supporter in 1974.

what a load of shite. Most of that Fairs Cup team - great lads to a man too - know that this club should have gone on to better things after that win, but were held back by the board at the time, just like now.

I don't expect you to be able to look at the bigger picture anyway, most people attracted back to the club by the Halls and Shepherd can't, all they see is hatred at not winning the league as they hoped. Tragic.

This club, the status it has now which is the reason Ashley has bought it, owes everything to Keegan. Everything, he saved the club from your dreaded administration, the 3rd division, oblivion. If not for him, assisted by those who took over the club, we would have been in the doldrums for years like Sheff Wed, Wolves and others have been.

So fucking what "it's down to Keegan", it's in the past, will that help on Saturday against Everton

you are Mike Ashley's dream, people like you, who disregard our standards of the past and accept the lower ones he has imposed.

What do I believe in ??

you are Mike Ashley's dream, people like you, who disregard our standards of the past and accept the lower ones he has imposed.

Our standards are currently higher than they were when the halls and shepherd left the club though.

Sometimes I think it's better I'm banned on there. I'm not surprised at all to hear this. FWIW this site now is a million miles better than NO, and if they lifted my ban I wouldn't bother posting anymore anyway because it isn't worth the time or effort. It's laughable that they banned me because I [admittedly went on about it a lot] told them all how wrong they all were, and they thought I was winding them up because I did it so much, when I wasn't, I did it because I knew I was right. I would think more of them and respect them if they lifted my ban like adults and admitted that I had been banned and ought not to have been, simply for sticking to my guns and being proved right in the end. But I wouldn't go back now.

It's their loss. I lost respect for Dave etc for continuing with it, and now they can't bring themselves to drag themselves up and act like adults. That board would have been better for keeping the likes of myself, Stevie, UV and others [apologies for missing a few people out].

The tragic thing is, outsiders will look in and think it is representative of the views of Newcastle supporters.

What do I believe in ??

Our standards are currently higher than they were when the halls and shepherd left the club though.

The club is in decline. It was 14th in footballs rich list when your man took over, and he will never restore it to where it was, nor will he get anywhere near matching those champions league and european qualifications. Clubs now know we will sell our best players. I don't know when this will sink in with you, but at least you aren't alone. Tragic.

What they saying like?

they probably aren't aware of it :rolleyes:

What do I believe in ??

The club is in decline. It was 14th in footballs rich list when your man took over, and he will never restore it to where it was, nor will he get anywhere near matching those champions league and european qualifications. Clubs now know we will sell our best players. I don't know when this will sink in with you, but at least you aren't alone. Tragic.

The league position is higher = incline.

We're also expected to the top 20 in the rich list when it is next updated.

:rolleyes:

What do I believe in ??

The league position is higher = incline.

We're also expected to the top 20 in the rich list when it is next updated.

:rolleyes:

to 14th ? Well, we will see if he spends that 35m quid and gets into the top 4-6 places for a few years then won't we.

You constantly claim that it's what happens on the pitch that you care about and not balance sheets. The club has inclined from it's state upon takeover, as we are in a better position. So to justify your statement that we are in decline you now refer to the rich list. The balance sheet.

You couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

You constantly claim that it's what happens on the pitch that you care about and not balance sheets. The club has inclined from it's state upon takeover, as we are in a better position. So to justify your statement that we are in decline you now refer to the rich list. The balance sheet.

it IS what happens on the pitch. I'm pointing out to people like you, that revenues have also gone down and its useless making a profit of a few million quid if it isn't put back into the club and you still sell your best players [not that a projected profit of a few million quid is anything in premiership football terms anyway].

At the end of the day, you have to accept taking risks if you want the riches of the Champions League. The alternative is to spend as little as possible to try and stay in the premiership and keep gates as high as possible. Which do you prefer for NUFC ? [bear in mind, the gates will NOT stay at the levels they are when long term dissatisfation sets in]

it IS what happens on the pitch. I'm pointing out to people like you, that revenues have also gone down and its useless making a profit of a few million quid if it isn't put back into the club and you still sell your best players [not that a projected profit of a few million quid is anything in premiership football terms anyway].

At the end of the day, you have to accept taking risks if you want the riches of the Champions League. The alternative is to spend as little as possible to try and stay in the premiership and keep gates as high as possible. Which do you prefer for NUFC ? [bear in mind, the gates will NOT stay at the levels they are when long term dissatisfation sets in]

I'd prefer that we took calculated risks when in a position to do so. If it IS what happens on the pitch, then you'll accept that we were declining before Ashley bought the club, and that has now been reversed and we have now inclined to a level above where we were on the day of purchase of the club, from the Halls and Shepherd. That's what the league table says, that's what's happened on the pitch.