José Enrique

Baggio

If it was so bad they would all be desperate to go ffs ^_^

The bottom line here is Enrique wants CL football and is probably really pissed off that no one has yet come in for him.

one things clear - we won't be offering cl football as long as the current fuckwits running the club are around.

Guest Your Name Here
Alot of the journos saying that team still look in good spirit which is reassuring - kinda makes me think its more of a come and get me plea.As for the comments on the transfer policy, I agree letting the best players go is pretty daft, but the signings seem decent, and they are at the right sort of age.

It does make you wonder what sort of team we would have if we had some half decent owners.

His agent could (and probably already has) just contact any club who might be interested in signing JE. Player’s tweeting is either a pre planned PR move or an impromptu rant. What it isn't is a way of talking to other clubs. My money is on the imprmptu rant in this case.

Enrique wants to leave and the club want to sell. The issue here is bound to be the how much the club are asking (for a player with one year his contact) holding up a move.

Fair play to him for speaking out, as was the case with some other notable figures. A cheeky season-long loan deal, with a minimal permanent fee attached, is not beyond the realm of possibility.

I think Ashley & Dekka would jump at the opportunity to rid themselves of another enemy (as will be the case with Barton) of their rule/policies, and with it remove a percentage of his wages from the books, as a last resort if concrete interest isn't shown up until the closing stages of the window. I wouldn't surprise me to see possible suitors play the waiting game here, watch the shite continue to hit the fan, and bide their time with the knowledge that we're probably desperate to sell now.

Personally, with the knowledge that funds from his transfer will not adequately reinvested in the 1st team/a replacement anyway, i hope he does end up doing a Bosman, leaving Ashley and his balance sheets high & dry. The same applies to Barton as well.

Club in talking bollocks via the press shocker. Leopard / spots etc.

I'm glad he is taking (what I see as) a parting shot. I wish more would tell it like it is when they left so people aren't under any illusion. When Pardoo goes on about this "fantastic" offer we have made him, I wonder if he actually knows what it is? Or if he is just lapping up the bollocks spewed by Llambias as well.

Love to know what you think "it" is that we are under any illusion about.

We all know about Ashley, Llambias and the meagre way in which he believes he can run the club.

We all know it and the players have known it for years. Not have they all known it it but Barton, Nolan and Carrol have all said this year that they WANT TO STAY!

WANT TO STAY.

If it was so bad they would all be desperate to go ffs :)

The bottom line here is Enrique wants CL football and is probably really pissed off that no one has yet come in for him.

Two left for more money and one hasn't been offered a new contract. Three great examples there ^_^

Edited by alex

Alot of the journos saying that team still look in good spirit which is reassuring - kinda makes me think its more of a come and get me plea.

As for the comments on the transfer policy, I agree letting the best players go is pretty daft, but the signings seem decent, and they are at the right sort of age.

It does make you wonder what sort of team we would have if we had some half decent owners.

Quite the opposite actually. MSIdouglas was saying he was hearing disturbing things coming from America last night.

I'm at the stage where I can't take Christmas Tree remotely seriously anymore.

At a time like this, you have to wonder what sort of person would be so desperate to wind up fellow Newcastle fans? Says a lot about the bloke tbh.

Alot of the journos saying that team still look in good spirit which is reassuring - kinda makes me think its more of a come and get me plea.

As for the comments on the transfer policy, I agree letting the best players go is pretty daft, but the signings seem decent, and they are at the right sort of age.

Quite the opposite actually. MSIdouglas was saying he was hearing disturbing things coming from America last night.

Aye and that sun lad said last night that the camp has not been a nice place to be

Team positive.

From the journo who is out there with the team.....

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I don't agree with claims that team spirit is lacking, only player who seems unsettled is Enrique. A lot of younger players loving it

From the journo who is out there with the team.....

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I don't agree with claims that team spirit is lacking, only player who seems unsettled is Enrique. A lot of younger players loving it

Even ignoring the fact that its Ryder ffs, that last sentence says it all.

A lot of younger players loving it, the players who a year ago wouldnt have dreamt of taking part in something like this? no wonder theyre loving it. The players who stand to gain from the bigger names going.

If I was a 19 year old being thrust into a tour of the USA with a premiership club Id be loving it too regardless of whatever is going on with the more experienced team members.

Many reports coming out of this tour talk about worrying signs with the morale, Ryder however has his reports written by Derek so its unlikely hes going to say that.

And yes, Bobby, the rumour coming out at the moment via Steve Wraith is that they are pulling the sign down this week to replace it with SD sign

We all know it and the players have known it for years. Not have they all known it it but Barton, Nolan and Carrol have all said this year that they WANT TO STAY!

WANT TO STAY.

If it was so bad they would all be desperate to go ffs :rolleyes:

Two left for more money and one hasn't been offered a new contract. Three great examples there ^_^

I cant even work out what the hell hes on about there :)

Does he not even know that theyve gone? strange considering hes been banging out about it being good business ;)

First of all i've seen calmer reactions from menstruating women. Secondly people need to take a step back and see the overall change in the situation (any?) and thirdly if there were any problems in the squad i wouldnt blame certain players getting pissed off being told they represent a lack of ambition or the implication that the rest of them arent good enough (which may be true but the implication doesnt really help).

Our club is coming up short of what we deserve but these comments from Enrique have prompted posts that were written 4 months ago being re-written. Nothing has changed, he is on his way out because we wont give him more than £60k a week (or we want to cash in on him, more to the point). We all knew that to be the case months ago so am struggling to see what has materially changed. A lot of people seem to be reacting like its the first time they've thought about this. It does confirm people's point of view but we didnt really need it confirmed. Tweets from a left back expected to leave the club for the last 4 months saying what fans have been saying for 2 years, shouldnt materially change most people's thinking about the club.

The only thing that has moved me is a curiousness as to the lies he is referring to. I cant see any lies the club has told about his contract situation so the accusation is a bit empty, which in turn makes me a bit suspicious of his motives. I like him though and wish him all the best and anything he does do to get what he wants, i wont hold against him. Such is life basically.

WANT TO STAY.

If it was so bad they would all be desperate to go ffs :rolleyes:

I cant even work out what the hell hes on about there :)

Does he not even know that theyve gone? strange considering hes been banging out about it being good business ;)

What I was on about is the myth that all the players hate it and want to be away.

The only player who doesnt want to play for the club is Enrique.

First of all i've seen calmer reactions from menstruating women. Secondly people need to take a step back and see the overall change in the situation (any?) and thirdly if there were any problems in the squad i wouldnt blame certain players getting pissed off being told they represent a lack of ambition or the implication that the rest of them arent good enough (which may be true but the implication doesnt really help).

Our club is coming up short of what we deserve but these comments from Enrique have prompted posts that were written 4 months ago being re-written. Nothing has changed, he is on his way out because we wont give him more than £60k a week (or we want to cash in on him, more to the point). We all knew that to be the case months ago so am struggling to see what has materially changed. A lot of people seem to be reacting like its the first time they've thought about this. It does confirm people's point of view but we didnt really need it confirmed. Tweets from a left back expected to leave the club for the last 4 months saying what fans have been saying for 2 years, shouldnt materially change most people's thinking about the club.

The only thing that has moved me is a curiousness as to the lies he is referring to. I cant see any lies the club has told about his contract situation so the accusation is a bit empty, which in turn makes me a bit suspicious of his motives. I like him though and wish him all the best and anything he does do to get what he wants, i wont hold against him. Such is life basically.

I get the impression that he expected the club to reinvest the Carroll cash on new players.

No one is saying all the players hate it. It's self-evident they generally like the fans and each other but have nothing but contempt for those running the club. That's the experienced pros. The kids hardly count tbh.

What I was on about is the myth that all the players hate it and want to be away.

Routledge to name another straight off the top of the head.

Ashley Cole was mauled when he said in his book he wanted more than £60kpw, and Enrique isn't close to his level yet.

When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road. He (former Arsenal Director David Dein) is taking the piss Jonathan! I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard.

Awesome.

I get the impression that he expected the club to reinvest the Carroll cash on new players.

Well he was probably being a bit optimistic, the median expectation of this forum was a net spend of 5-10m

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry907799

Routledge to name another straight off the top of the head.

Good ^_^

I dont think he said the lies were specific to his contract did he? and even if he was, how would you. me or anyone not connected to the negotiations know either way? One potential lie straight away though is the "made Enrique a fantastic offer", offering what hes on now at his stage of his career with the seasons hes had is not fantastic in any way, shape or form.

I dont think he said the lies were specific to his contract did he? and even if he was, how would you. me or anyone not connected to the negotiations know either way? One potential lie straight away though is the "made Enrique a fantastic offer", offering what hes on now at his stage of his career with the seasons hes had is not fantastic in any way, shape or form.

Thats not a lie, its an opinion. When you are going to accuse an employer who pays you millions a year of lying, you need much firmer ground than that. I expect his agent knows this perfectly well.