José Enrique

Baggio

In fact, if enrique is intent on running down his contract I'd rather flog him now. Shop him around and see if there are any takers because he'll just be a distraction until January.

If he doesn't want to play for us then fuck him.

I reckon Everton would sell Baines but we wouldn't pay the asking price. I think the idea of trying to sell Enrique if he doesn't sign a new contract may have dawn on Ashley and Llambias already btw.

Off the top of my head, would rather have Cole, Evra, Clichy, Coentrao who are better than Enrique.

Don't get me wrong, I think Enrique is quality but not one of the best in the world.

This bloke is the best LB in the business at the minute. Baines is better than Enrique.

Off the top of my head, would rather have Cole, Evra, Clichy, Coentrao who are better than Enrique.

Don't get me wrong, I think Enrique is quality but not one of the best in the world.

This bloke is the best LB in the business at the minute.

Weren't you just criticising Cabaye in another thread for playing in an mediocre league?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you're an avid watcher of football in Portugal.

Weren't you just criticising Cabaye in another thread for playing in an mediocre league?

Coentrao was the best left back at the World Cup. Not sure, but I don't think Cabaye was the best midfielder there... (As it happens, I've seen Coentrao play half a dozen times for Benfica.) Do you really want to go there - we got a better player with Cabaye, or Real Madrid have with Coentrao..?? Are you really going to win that one?

Coentrao was the best left back at the World Cup. Not sure, but I don't think Cabaye was the best midfielder there... (As it happens, I've seen Coentrao play half a dozen times for Benfica.) Do you really want to go there - we got a better player with Cabaye, or Real Madrid have with Coentrao..?? Are you really going to win that one?

In what way was he the best LB at the World Cup? He was playing in a side that put 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes, showed no attacking endeavour and whose goals against record shows more how defensively minded the whole side was, rather than the ability of the LB.

That doesn't change the fact that you have criticised the french league to justify a point of view whilst feting a Portuguese player as the best in the world in his position, when the former league is arguably stronger. Its really just on the basis of the 4 WC games presumably in which the national side only had any ambition to score against North Korea.

You either accept the success of players in other leagues or you dont, Tecato was correct to point this out.

I have no doubt about that, i also think the attitude that a player who is good abroad wont necessarily be any good here is daft.

Its based on seeing players coming from abroad and failing. What this fails to account for is the number of successes. For every Guivarch, there is a Henry. Well not quite but at the statistical level i'd bet that roughly 'Total British Players succeeding / Total British debuts = Total foreigners succeeding / Total foreign Debuts'.

If a British player fails, he wasnt good enough, if a foreign player fails its because that player's domestic league is weak.

Utter shite imo. You can always tell an argument is a bit shit when its apparently won by e.g. one word 'Guivarch'.

I have no doubt about that, i also think the attitude that a player who is good abroad wont necessarily be any good here is daft.

Its based on seeing players coming from abroad and failing. What this fails to account for is the number of successes. For every Guivarch, there is a Henry. Well not quite but at the statistical level i'd bet that roughly 'Total British Players succeeding / Total British debuts = Total foreigners succeeding / Total foreign Debuts'.

If a British player fails, he wasnt good enough, if a foreign player fails its because that player's domestic league is weak.

Utter shite imo. You can always tell an argument is a bit shit when its apparently won by e.g. one word 'Guivarch'.

Or maybe foreign players in a weaker league look better than they actually are. So they fail because like the british player they weren't good enough but looked better than that because of the level of football they played at prior to coming to the PL.

Lik a championship player looking shit hot but then not stepping up to PL level. We have a few of those.

Tbh I bet if Enrique signed another contract with us thered be a fair few more people saying he is one of the top LB's in the world

The whole contract business seems to have clouded peoples judgement on the lads ability and what he brings to us

Wasnt there a thread a while ago where i think Ajax Andy was arguing that Baines was better but the majority agreed that Enrique was?

Substitute Boumsong for Guivarch. Or Marcelhino. Or Bassedas. Or Viana. Or Andersson. Or Pistone.

Tell me when to stop.

While I agree we've had home born players who have turned out to be shite, most of the foreign ones at Newcastle have done so spectacularly.

Substitute Boumsong for Guivarch. Or Marcelhino. Or Bassedas. Or Viana. Or Andersson. Or Pistone.

Tell me when to stop.

While I agree we've had home born players who have turned out to be shite, most of the foreign ones at Newcastle have done so spectacularly.

Solano, Robert, Ginola etc tbh

Obviously we're gonna have more foreign flops than english mostly because weve had alot more foreigners in recent times than homegrown players

Tell me when to stop.

Obviously we're gonna have more foreign flops than english mostly because weve had alot more foreigners in recent times than homegrown players

I think your etc,etc is a bit thin after those three. Even Hamann, although not a failure, kicked us in the teeth and basically told us to fuck off.

Asprilla next? Don't forget the Robledo brothers.

Entrenamiento tranquilo y luego sesión de firmas. Gracias por vuestro apoyo. Sois los mejores fans que ahí muchas gracias por entenderne. :lol:

:D

Tell me when to stop.

I think your etc,etc is a bit thin after those three. Even Hamann, although not a failure, kicked us in the teeth and basically told us to fuck off.

Asprilla next? Don't forget the Robledo brothers.

Albert? Coloccini? Tiote? And the most recent let down was if anything more keen on playing for England (and making a portfolio of how good he is) than earning his huge wages fom the Toon