Michael Owen and his relationship with the toon fans

Guest stevieintoon

Owen  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The more I think about it the funnier it gets btw. ;) Knuckle-dragging spastic tells one of the best strikers in Europe and England's best that he's not welcome at Newcastle whilst a gang of clapping retard seals cheer him on. :icon_lol:

"Heeya Meykull. Gan fuck off back to Livvapool leyyyyyk"

That was my thought exactly when i read it. I'm now convinced this talk-in was held at the Geoffrey Rhodes Centre in Byker.

I bet he was waiting for Rio to burst in with a camera to tell him he'd been merc'd. "Brilliant Rio, that bloke can't half act by the way. Had me completely convinced he was a full-on Joey."

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flog please.

Although I despise the little shit, I wouldn't boo him. It's just bad form to boo any one specific player I think. That said, the sooner...well, you've heard it all before.

Anelka is a possibility as many have said, I think some Spurs strikers might be willing to jump ship in January depending on how badly Jol wrecks their season before he's shown the door. Bent jumps out at me as having almost no play time there yet, he might want out. Defoe also hasn't had the best experience there as of late.

He scores the winner against Wigan then gets another against Everton WTF do you want him to do?

He is employed to score goals, which he is doing.

He wants to play for the club and he wants to play for his country, he is passionate about England, so am I. I want England to do well and wish all the players had his attitude towards the national side.

Anyone who thinks we would be a better team without Owen knows nowt about football and those who think Oba is a better option just look at how many chances he misses

I want him to touch the ball more than 14 times in 61 minutes against Derby, and don't give me "he didn't get the service", he didn't look interested, he's a dick, who thinks about England and himself only, and I wouldn't be surprised if he holds back on purpose for us in the future before England games. Hopefully, that won't be an issue thjough after January.

Using that logic most of the team will be out the door in Jan, The performance against Derby was wank but dont blame Owen for it. I dont give a flying fuck if he touches the ball 5 times as long as 1 goes in. He`s a poacher not a run-around getting stuck in player, he is consistant as his record proves and if you think we are better off without him I reckon you are a bit of a knob

Guest stevieintoon
Flog please.

Although I despise the little shit, I wouldn't boo him. It's just bad form to boo any one specific player I think. That said, the sooner...well, you've heard it all before.

Anelka is a possibility as many have said, I think some Spurs strikers might be willing to jump ship in January depending on how badly Jol wrecks their season before he's shown the door. Bent jumps out at me as having almost no play time there yet, he might want out. Defoe also hasn't had the best experience there as of late.

He scores the winner against Wigan then gets another against Everton WTF do you want him to do?

He wants to play for the club and he wants to play for his country, he is passionate about England, so am I. I want England to do well and wish all the players had his attitude towards the national side.

Anyone who thinks we would be a better team without Owen knows nowt about football and those who think Oba is a better option just look at how many chances he misses

I want him to touch the ball more than 14 times in 61 minutes against Derby, and don't give me "he didn't get the service", he didn't look interested, he's a dick, who thinks about England and himself only, and I wouldn't be surprised if he holds back on purpose for us in the future before England games. Hopefully, that won't be an issue thjough after January.

I reckon you are a bit of a knob

What some southern cunt who should support Luton or Bournemouth or whoever thinks is completely inconsequential to me mate. I've give far more reasons than the Derby game, that is almost coincidental, I am one of a number of people who will celebrate when we have the £110,000 a week disgrace that he is off our books.

Flog please.

What some southern cunt who should support Luton or Bournemouth or whoever thinks is completely inconsequential to me mate. I've give far more reasons than the Derby game, that is almost coincidental, I am one of a number of people who will celebrate when we have the £110,000 a week disgrace that he is off our books.

get a grip with the personal digs stevie. you're starting to sound just silly now.

Guest stevieintoon
Flog please.

get a grip with the personal digs stevie. you're starting to sound just silly now.

"I THINK YOU'RE A KNOB" and I'm not allowed to say what I think? Oh dear. What I find silly is why you didn't say anything about his comment, you might even agree with him.

Flog please.

"I THINK YOU'RE A KNOB" and I'm not allowed to say what I think? Oh dear. What I find silly is why you didn't say anything about his comment, you might even agree with him.

i actually didn't catch it first time i read the thread so fair play, it was a retailiation on your part rather than an unprovoked dig. the personal attacks just seem to be a recurring theme in your posts.

but for the record, i do agree with him when he says:

Anyone who thinks we would be a better team without Owen knows nowt about football

Guest stevieintoon
Anyone who thinks we would be a better team without Owen knows nowt about football

Have you seen me disagreeing with that point though?

well you did imply that we'd be better off if we shifted him in january

Edited by Dr Gloom

Owen needs service though, and he's one of those strikers that may do nothing for 89 mins then will score the winning goal.

Shearer looked pretty shit in those seasons where he was getting little service (his number of goals was still reasonable, but a lot came from penalties and set pieces in those seasons rather than open play).

And it would seem he's been playing for us at least semi-injured which isn't going to help at all.

Guest stevieintoon

well you did imply that we'd be better off if we shifted him in january

Aye out of principle, he doesn't warrant £110,000 a week for starters, and as I've said I'd rather have Bellamy. I said that before we even signed Owen I stand by it.

To the young lad who didn't know who John Anderson is, you have nothing to say, nothing, you're just there like Colchester or Mansfield, you're there but no one notices or cares, four times you've tried to engage in conversation with me now.

Guest stevieintoon
And it would seem he's been playing for us at least semi-injured which isn't going to help at all.

I played with a broken ankle at the pitz for 4 weeks.

Aye out of principle, he doesn't warrant £110,000 a week for starters, and as I've said I'd rather have Bellamy. I said that before we even signed Owen I stand by it.

fair enough; your opinion. personally i'd sooner have owen.

To the young lad who didn't know who John Anderson is, you have nothing to say, nothing, you're just there like Colchester or Mansfield, you're there but no one notices or cares, four times you've tried to engage in conversation with me now.

don't understand this comment. are you saying i shouldn't engage in conversation with people on a message board?

Someone who was still in nappies when John Anderson played for NUFC didn't know who John Anderson was. Stevie took great exception to this. ;)

Burn the young. Don't have enough years behind them to support the toon, unless they memorise our entire history.

Bonfire night soon lads. Round 'em up. :icon_lol:

I don't doubt steve knows a fair whack about Newcastle's history and is proud of his roots... but fuck me if he doesn't come across like a right narrow minded idiot at times.

if you agree with him you're a sound lad... if not, you're scum. No middle ground, no respecting others opinions.

it seems (going by his own weighted poll) that the majority of people who contribute to this forum want michael Owen to play on for Newcastle and don't want him to leave. I doubt that this will affect steve in anyway what so ever.

he hasn't answered so many of the questions leveled at him, I'd wager he submits these statements for no other reason than to garner reaction.

For the record what I said was that IF you think we are better off without Owen you must be a knob. You said you have not disagreed with my above quote about Owen although you continue to berate him.

What is your stance on Owen? Will we be a better team without him, A simple yes or no will do

As for me being a southern cunt who should support Bournemouth or Luton which are about 200 miles apart by the way, I am from the North and moved here a few years ago, so I am infact a northern cunt

• 1 year later...
Was talking to a lass the other day who doesn't tell lies. Her cousin went to a talk in where Michael Owen was on last week.

Apparently someone stood up, and gans "I haven't got a question, I've just got a statement for you Michael. I want you to understand that the majority of Newcastle United fans don't care about you, and we think that is reciprocated by yourself. All you were ever bothered about was England, and I think everybody would be happy if we parted company, as it would be the best for all concerned."

Well over half the people in the hall cheered. Now to be honest, nothing gets on my nerves more than people saying "get behind Owen", he's had nothing but support from the toon fans, not from me though, I've never disliked a player more who's pulled on the black and white shirt more than him. Initially it was for childish reasons I suppose, why talk about Liverpool as a toon player, fuck England as well. When he scored against Everton, why cock your hand to your ear at the Gallowgate for any other reason than to wind the toon fans up?

He's a little nobhead, and the sooner he fuxx off to dippersville the better for all concerned. I listen to my doctor but not the people who pay me over £440,000 a month. Little Welsh cunt. I hope you're reading this Owen you're suited to the vermin, fuck off.

Accept £1M in January as far as you're concerned then?

You have too much time on your hands searching posts 15 month ago. His attitude since then has been great :humble_pie:

:P It beats working.

I remembered a lot of people having a right old go at Owen the money grabbing cunt when he was getting in the England squad (I had a few digs too) so it was unfair to quote your post. It was just the most vehement.

There's very few people he's failed to win over in the last couple of seasons.

You have too much time on your hands searching posts 15 month ago. His attitude since then has been great :humble_pie:

:panic: It beats working.

I remembered a lot of people having a right old go at Owen the money grabbing cunt when he was getting in the England squad (I had a few digs too) so it was unfair to quote your post. It was just the most vehement.

There's very few people he's failed to win over in the last couple of seasons.

Hypocrisy. :P

One of the best finishers I have ever seen. The goal he scored v Pompey was fucking class. His first touch was shocking but he showed his worth adjusted so qucikly and scored a class goal. I think he has lost a yard or so in pace, however he has slightly adjusted the way he plays and he is fucking quality.

Its about time we took our black and white glasses off for fuck sake. Just because he is Geordie born and bred doesnt mean he isnt commited to the badge. He is a proffesional footballer, weve had far worse people here sulking a lot more and wanting a move yet not got half has much stick as Owen.

We do get behind him and I think its the minority like this "alleged" wanker at this evening. What would the silly twat rather see? Owen scoring and setting up goals or Shola missing and being a lazy shite mother fucker in the Championship?

Get a fucking grip

£80k a week + add ons (no doubt some of which are for goals in which case he will be quids in anyway) is more than fair for anyone really and the only club who would compete with that is citeh. If we are offering him that and he doesn't accept I would say it is purely for footballing reasons and if that is the case then so be it because we are not a great prospect on that score at the minute.

a player thats nowadays just short of being world class. worth 80k a week plus bonuses if match fit and scoring goals.

would it be too much to say that if 100% fit and in the team that played on saturday, could score a goal every one and a half games?

the above are all reasons for keeping the lad on board. sadly because he is very non commital in the press he will always be seen as being aloof, and this clearly does not endear him to the geordie public.

its all a bit sad really.