5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...suspicious.

Playing for a new team tonight in a higher division. 1st game is against a team who were runners up in the Cup(all of the Dublin teams) an won their league last season. Bit of a step-up. I expect to be humiliated.

• 5 months later...
Guest LeazesLad

Thank fuck. Haven't played a competitive game for 8 month, and finally we're getting the team back together. March 28th first game back and they're putting us back in the top flight.

Got a squad of 6 which will be 4 some weeks with various people like me away, so Besty and Nick you in the squad or what for when we're short? The mobile yous have for me is still mine, but I'll text you the new number so you have it.

Guest LeazesLad
Will be able to play a few games in August mate when im working in Newcastle but not really before (maybe a couple in May).

Sorry like because I know you's need a proper keeper again!

Nar, nar it's areet. Jay's fucked his knee so bad he'll never play out again, we only see him once every 2 month or so just now, so he rang me and said he's not working Monday nights nee more so he can play with us in nets. He's a good keeper like, and he's really bulked up lately with not runnin about as much. Ye can play out if ye like.

• 2 months later...

First season for Chester Cricket Club. Finished 1point off top spot, got to the semi final of the cup and won an award from the league as highest goal scorers in all 5 divisions. Not a bad first year! We hoyed away about 20 points in the middle of the season which is a bit gutting as in the return games against the same teams we were putting 5 and 6 past them.

table.png

First season for Chester Cricket Club. Finished 1point off top spot, got to the semi final of the cup and won an award from the league as highest goal scorers in all 5 divisions. Not a bad first year! We hoyed away about 20 points in the middle of the season which is a bit gutting as in the return games against the same teams we were putting 5 and 6 past them.

table.png

Defences must be shite in that leaguem looking at the F & A.

Look at the names of the teams as well. I'm surprised there's not an 'Inter Yer Mam'.

AC a little silhouetto of Milan being champion :rolleyes:

I'll be in Newcastle on vacation for a couple of days around July 13th, anyone gonna be up to play some footy then?

I'd love to sort it but sick of trying, no one seems up for it!

Anyone know of any refs?

Need one for this Sat!

Time is it and where? Need to be away by 12s at the latest and I'll be hungowa, but I ref in Sunday league now and then. If its for those N-O mugs forget it.

Look at the names of the teams as well. I'm surprised there's not an 'Inter Yer Mam'.

Like what? Everyone of them is a Pub or WMC team

He's got a point thought. Looks like a 5 a side league by the for and against column. My last full season of Sunday league our record was something like W19 D2 L5 F35 A19 - which shows what a good standard it was. 125 goals conceded ffs.

table.png

Pretty standard swing from top to bottom. Looking at the Northern Conference there's only a couple of goals difference in the GD. Every league is going to have good teams who win most games and bad teams who lose most games

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

Guest alex

Like what? Everyone of them is a Pub or WMC team

Just kidding man.

table.png

Pretty standard swing from top to bottom. Looking at the Northern Conference there's only a couple of goals difference in the GD. Every league is going to have good teams who win most games and bad teams who lose most games

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

Says it all that we came second in our league scoring 11 less goals than the team who came BOTTOM of your league conceding 125. I'd refuse to play if we were winning 10-0 every game.