5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

Guest Barrack Road
Scored a Van Basten '88 type goal last night in 6 a side. Possibly the best goal I've ever scored.

11 a side league starts April 15th. We have a few friendlies lined-up first. Thursday we play a team who play in an astro league and regular league, should give us a good idea how we'll fare in our league. We're already missing about 3 through injury, including our keeper, who looks like he might be finished for good(30 years old).

NO head height rule like? I scored after four seconds from my own half last night, but it was downhill from there, we lost 7-6 :icon_lol:

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scored a Van Basten '88 type goal last night in 6 a side. Possibly the best goal I've ever scored.

11 a side league starts April 15th. We have a few friendlies lined-up first. Thursday we play a team who play in an astro league and regular league, should give us a good idea how we'll fare in our league. We're already missing about 3 through injury, including our keeper, who looks like he might be finished for good(30 years old).

NO head height rule like? I scored after four seconds from my own half last night, but it was downhill from there, we lost 7-6 :icon_lol:

There's a net roof, so you don't get many passes over head height anyway. I'd hope that it maens all these lads will try and play on the deck on an 11 a side pitch, but I know as soon as we get out there, the ball is gonna spend most of the time in the air. :icon_lol:

Did Pell play?

We usually play every two weeks or so, he hasn't played for a few like but I think he got a job where he can't get on the forums or something. :icon_lol:

He made a post the other day in the Rule 1 Newcastle thread though so he might start playing again.

• 2 weeks later...

Had our first friendly on Thursday against a team that finished 3rd in a similar league last season.

We won 5-0 as they only had 10 men. We were missing 3 of our best players though, so a good start.

Another friendly next Thursday against an unknown team, then our first league match the week after.

Second friendly tonight.

EIGHT of our players have pulled out(har har) of tonights game for various reasons.

Struggled to get enough, but I think we have 11 now.

2-0 win. Missing 4 or 5 of our better players, and the opposition were a lot fitter than us. They created fuck all though, but threw us for a wobble when they did a Shearer, putting 4 up front.

Personally wasn't too happy with how I played. Also realised we need a new keeper-he flapped at the one cross he had to deal with, barely made a sound to the back 4 and I had to take the kickouts...

First game of the season last night.

7-3 win.

I got 2 assists from left back and put in a corner that won a penalty. Their keeper had a blinder 1st half-5 top class saves from close range. Our make-shift striker scored 4.

Conceded 3 sloppy goals from individual errors, all long balls. Their striker did very well to finish all 3.

Still missing our 1st choice striker, and our captain only lasted 3 minutes before doing his hamstring again. He went for acupuncture today! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Played a good game tonight, scored a couple, actually won and pulled off some skills!

Besty if your reading - Pell was fucking unreal tonight! :icon_lol:

Played a good game tonight, scored a couple, actually won and pulled off some skills!

Besty if your reading - Pell was fucking unreal tonight! :icon_lol:

;)

He's started playing again on the F365 games, nowt better than scoring past him. ;)

He came out of goal the other week and played well! Should get yourself along to the games, good laugh.

Don't post on their anymore but I might have a word with Pell and see what the crack is.

He was seriously unreal tonight, like Shay Given in front of 30 cameramen going for the Hollywood.

Decent size goals too!

Wore the Ameobi shirt tonight :icon_lol:

Don't post on their anymore but I might have a word with Pell and see what the crack is.

He was seriously unreal tonight, like Shay Given in front of 30 cameramen going for the Hollywood.

Decent size goals too!

Wore the Ameobi shirt tonight :icon_lol:

Some lads got his brother playing this week because there was a space so I'm sure you could pop along one time we need a player.

Guest Gordon McKeag

I haven't played for 2 month, been down London, and during the World Cup I just thought fuck it and let the lads get on with it. Anyway we're now in the top flight, they lost their first game without me 10-5, but I played my first game on Monday and we won 7-4 and I scored all of them, my legs are still aching now.

My lot are currently 2nd in the league. Came from mid table to beat the league leaders 3-1 and then beat 2nd place 5-0 last week. We had a League 2 player play a half hour for us a few weeks back too. He was superb.

Playing for another team as well on a Tuesday and scored my first ever competetive goal. a tap in from 2 yards out that was probably going in anyway... :icon_lol:

Christ I missed that! :jesuswept:

It's probably for the better I don't monitor his forum activities, it was bad enough on 365 putting nintendo's on his head and stuff.