Tooj

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scatman John

:D

edit - btw, what the fuck kind of name is scatman john for a kiddy's pop star? :D

what's next? rim job rick?

Scat has more than one meaning. And he was a serious artist :icon_lol:

The fucking charvas next door to me played 'I'm a Scatman' for about 3 weeks non-stop in my 2nd year at University.

And what the fuck did you think wasn't serious about my post like?

Everything.

Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop-Up-Yours!

:icon_lol:

I'd go with Stevie Wonder or Al Green for the voice and with the OP for the performer.

Honourable mention to this man, who when he was healthy had an incredibly emotional voice;

layne.jpg

Oh, and Chris Cornell is shit.

Good call, Layne Staley's voice was amazing.

Like Nick Cave, only when he was loaded up with smack.

And for the person that suggested Johnny Lydon :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fuck off.

Edited by sammynb

Guest James_coDurham
Billy MacKenzie, Marissa Nadler, Judee Sill, Joni Mitchell on the blue album, Nina Simone, Darlene Love, Antony Hegarty, Baby Dee, Marc Almond, Paul Buchanan, Carole King, Elizabeth Fraser, John Grant, Steve Wynn, Dusty Springfield, Scott Walker, Fred Neil, Tim Buckley, Ian McNabb, Joanna Newsom (though not conventionally so), Nico (again, not conventionally so), John Jacob Niles, Shirley Collins, Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker, Neko Case, Enrico Caruso, Wim Mertens, Stephin Merritt, Jason Molina, Stuart Staples, David McComb, and Washington Phillips are all fairly noteworthy vocalists, some of whom could lay claim to 'best ever,' but that's really way too subjective to call. A couple are only really good because their voices just work with the lyrics and music. But most have fantastic voices. Some have both. Some people may call for Jacques Brel too, but Scott Walker is far superior, as shown in his Brel covers.

Fuck off you cunt.

Guest Patrokles
Billy MacKenzie, Marissa Nadler, Judee Sill, Joni Mitchell on the blue album, Nina Simone, Darlene Love, Antony Hegarty, Baby Dee, Marc Almond, Paul Buchanan, Carole King, Elizabeth Fraser, John Grant, Steve Wynn, Dusty Springfield, Scott Walker, Fred Neil, Tim Buckley, Ian McNabb, Joanna Newsom (though not conventionally so), Nico (again, not conventionally so), John Jacob Niles, Shirley Collins, Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker, Neko Case, Enrico Caruso, Wim Mertens, Stephin Merritt, Jason Molina, Stuart Staples, David McComb, and Washington Phillips are all fairly noteworthy vocalists, some of whom could lay claim to 'best ever,' but that's really way too subjective to call. A couple are only really good because their voices just work with the lyrics and music. But most have fantastic voices. Some have both. Some people may call for Jacques Brel too, but Scott Walker is far superior, as shown in his Brel covers.

Fuck off you cunt.

'Get out of here with your 'taste' and 'knowledge,' we don't like your sort.'

Guest Patrokles
Whitney.

Wor lass just had the greatest hits album on in the car and I'd forgotten how amazing her voice is.

:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

You laugh, but he wasn't kidding.

Whitney.

Wor lass just had the greatest hits album on in the car and I'd forgotten how amazing her voice is.

:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

Yeah, I know.

I find it easier to just start laughing at his posts before I even bother reading. :D

Fuck off you cunt.

Ah, repartee! :D

Guest James_coDurham
Whitney.

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

Yeah, I know.

I find it easier to just start laughing at his posts before I even bother reading. :D

OMGGGGGGGG MORE THAN 10 PPLZ HAV HEARD OV DIS ARTIST WHICH MAKEZ DEM SHITTTTTT

Whitney.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

Yeah, I know.

Don't hold back now little girl, go on you let it all oot!

Hey wasn't Whitless also on Atlantic? You've got shares haven't you? :D

Guest James_coDurham
Whitney.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

Yeah, I know.

Couldn't tell you, not a massive fan of her music. But her voice...

Whitney.

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

Yeah, I know.

Couldn't tell you, not a massive fan of her music. But her voice...

Is extremely average when you compare it to the singers you called someone else a cunt when they named them. But hey to each their own, it's just I would of expected a Whitney Houston greatest hits CD to be blank!

Hey you don't like Patrokles/Verlaine/Ben fine but don't go dishin' Elizabeth Fraser.

Edited by sammynb

Whitney.

You forgot Seal'n'dying.

Sealion Dying :D

Hey you don't like Patrokles/Verlaine/Ben fine but don't go dishin' Elizabeth Fraser.

Although to be fair, he does deserve a little poke for daring to mention Marissa Nadler in a list of all-time greats. Nice girl, lovely voice, but howay now. :D