Just what the doctor ordered!

Deano

Well first things first, normal service resumed in the terraces tonight! After the recent doom and gllom thats been spreading round sj james of recent weeks, it was a good night to be a geordie tonight! Credit to everyone who turned out tonight and got behind the boys! I just shows what a difference we can have when where behind them! Atmosphere and performance alike we top notch tonight!

In a game where we fall behind from a bit of class so early we faught and were good value for our point and feel slight unfortunate not to have won the game, though the performance was as good as a win in my eyes! We were dogged and resilient and created chance well, on another day we'd be going home delighted with three points.

Though there we some negatives tonight, firstly n'zogbia needs a rocket up his arse,, his mistake that led to the goal and is consistent loose passes did put us in unecessary trouble at times, which leads me to wonder abouts alladyces thinkin in team selection once again, yes on the night we done well but i still wonder why he didnt play our natural left back enrique? Was it to accomodate our faultless beye whos well worther of his slot and geremi in the same side? I think so, big sams gave him the armband and feels he has to play him.

Give the lad credit he done well early in the game, was sooo unlucky not the score with that header! But for me playing him in midfield takes away our balance and in effect our most powerfull weapon...pace on the flanks, milner done well but he should of been on the right with charlie on the left!

And then also the subsitition of viduka?? Surely it should of been emre coming on for butt and keeping smith who was AWESOME tonight uptop?

Butt held the fort well, was class all night but after scoring that all important eqialiser through taylors strike we should of attacked for the last half an hour? Just think emre would of creative something for oba and smudge!

Overall though it was an improvemence from recent games and we certainly looked more like the newcastle we know!

Lets kick on now boys, birmingham on saturday! Lets get into the festive season with a good win eh!

True enough, like a shot in the arm.

Milner had a good game, he was finding it easy to beat Sagna although as usual his crosses weren't the best. However I still think he is better on the right and still question Allardyce's starting line-ups.

Zoggy had a fair match but his goal-making mistake cost us dearly. Again I have to question why Allardyce does not play Enrique at left back and allow Zoggy to play wide left where he always contributes more in an attacking role.

For a change Smith had a good game, his passing was better than usual and his contribution in an attacking role was a step in the right direction.

Martins was lively and caused some problems for the Gunners but I often wonder if he knows which way to go. There are times he should have a crack instead of trying to get into a better position and loses the ball in the process.

Barton was again a bit of a non-entity and his passing leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree that Emre should have been brought on, I think he can probably do better against teams that try to play good football rather than against teams who play the 'take no prisoners' style.

Thank the Lord Taylor scored that goal but we were lucky he didn't give away a penalty with his rashness.

We could have/should have won the game and that's no reflection on Allardyce or anyone else, we've just got to be able to get the goal that will win the game when things are looking good and we're playing well.

Milner had a good game, he was finding it easy to beat Sagna although as usual his crosses weren't the best. However I still think he is better on the right and still question Allardyce's starting line-ups.

Zoggy had a fair match but his goal-making mistake cost us dearly. Again I have to question why Allardyce does not play Enrique at left back and allow Zoggy to play wide left where he always contributes more in an attacking role.

For a change Smith had a good game , his passing was better than usual and his contribution in an attacking role was a step in the right direction.

Martins was lively and caused some problems for the Gunners but I often wonder if he knows which way to go. There are times he should have a crack instead of trying to get into a better position and loses the ball in the process.

Barton was again a bit of a non-entity and his passing leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree that Emre should have been brought on, I think he can probably do better against teams that try to play good football rather than against teams who play the 'take no prisoners' style.

Thank the Lord Taylor scored that goal but we were lucky he didn't give away a penalty with his rashness.

We could have/should have won the game and that's no reflection on Allardyce or anyone else, we've just got to be able to get the goal that will win the game when things are looking good and we're playing well.

mind boggling you say "for a change Smith had a good game". I hope you would be charitable if Alan Shearer or Les Ferdinand had played on the right side of midfield. You must be related to baggy or something.

Martins lacks the awareness and vision to be a top player. A few pot shots and spectacular goals will never make up for that.

I don't think Emre should have been brought on at all. Barton had his best game for us. Emre should now be sent on his bike and replaced with a better player.

Zoggy isn't a left back, anymore than Smith is a midfield player, so judging them while playing out of position is bollocks.

Your telescope has let you down again.

And so it starts again, the my dad's older and more geordie than your dad.

With the exception of your support for Smith, Noelie has posted an almost identical post to your's in the match thread.

Edited by sammynb

For a change Smith had a good game , his passing was better than usual and his contribution in an attacking role was a step in the right direction.

mind boggling you say "for a change Smith had a good game". I hope you would be charitable if Alan Shearer or Les Ferdinand had played on the right side of midfield. You must be related to baggy or something.

So you must think he's been having good games eh, and your mind is boggled because I say he's had a good one for a change, mmmm.

Martins lacks the awareness and vision to be a top player. A few pot shots and spectacular goals will never make up for that.

I don't think Emre should have been brought on at all. Barton had his best game for us. Emre should now be sent on his bike and replaced with a better player.

You have your opinion, I have mine, and just how many games has Barton had for us pray tell.

Zoggy isn't a left back, anymore than Smith is a midfield player, so judging them while playing out of position is bollocks.

Just how stupid are you, I keep saying Zoggy is playing out of position ala Allardyce who appears to think otherwise.[/b]

Not really, even from afar it's easy to bring you into view and see how stupid you still are.

I agree mostly with the OP. Barton has a long way to go before Im convinced. I would have brought Emre on for him. While some have said he maybe should have left Smith up front when Viduka came on, I think at that moment he (Sam) had an eye on keeping the 1 point. Smith worked so hard up front, not just going forward, but chasing and closing down when they had possession. Maybe he wanted that in midfield for the dying minutes.

I also noted that when Geremi took the throw ins into the box, Smith won 8/10 of them. Could of time Milner or Zog put crosses in, there was no one at the back post. I think the right needs to be sorted still. Like most here, Id have Milner right, Zog left with Beye and Enrique as full backs.

As for Martins, I love the guy, love his passion at times (look at his reaction when Taylor scores :nufc: ), but he often makes the wrong choice. When he should lay it off he goes alone and looses possession, when he should go alone he lays it off etc. Still, he can learn this if anyone is pointing it out to him.

As for Martins, I love the guy, love his passion at times (look at his reaction when Taylor scores :nufc: ), but he often makes the wrong choice. When he should lay it off he goes alone and looses possession, when he should go alone he lays it off etc. Still, he can learn this if anyone is pointing it out to him.

Black Ketsbaia tbh.

He always liked to ease foreign players in at Bolton and I think that's all he is doing with Enrique which is why N'Zogbia is playing left-back. As long as he doesn't revert to the daft Milner left/N'Zogbia right combo when Enrique starts playing regularly.

Well first things first, normal service resumed in the terraces tonight! After the recent doom and gllom thats been spreading round sj james of recent weeks, it was a good night to be a geordie tonight! Credit to everyone who turned out tonight and got behind the boys! I just shows what a difference we can have when where behind them! Atmosphere and performance alike we top notch tonight!

In a game where we fall behind from a bit of class so early we faught and were good value for our point and feel slight unfortunate not to have won the game, though the performance was as good as a win in my eyes! We were dogged and resilient and created chance well, on another day we'd be going home delighted with three points.

Though there we some negatives tonight, firstly n'zogbia needs a rocket up his arse,, his mistake that led to the goal and is consistent loose passes did put us in unecessary trouble at times, which leads me to wonder abouts alladyces thinkin in team selection once again, yes on the night we done well but i still wonder why he didnt play our natural left back enrique? Was it to accomodate our faultless beye whos well worther of his slot and geremi in the same side? I think so, big sams gave him the armband and feels he has to play him.

Give the lad credit he done well early in the game, was sooo unlucky not the score with that header! But for me playing him in midfield takes away our balance and in effect our most powerfull weapon...pace on the flanks, milner done well but he should of been on the right with charlie on the left!

And then also the subsitition of viduka?? Surely it should of been emre coming on for butt and keeping smith who was AWESOME tonight uptop?

Butt held the fort well, was class all night but after scoring that all important eqialiser through taylors strike we should of attacked for the last half an hour? Just think emre would of creative something for oba and smudge!

Overall though it was an improvemence from recent games and we certainly looked more like the newcastle we know!

Lets kick on now boys, birmingham on saturday! Lets get into the festive season with a good win eh!

Also it proves we apprieciate a bit of effort if nowt else. You have to earn appreciation and respect.

Barton still does not look the real thing, bottled a few and seemed slow, but thats me being picky.

Agree with everything in that post (which is worrying :nufc:)

it's funny that after you look past the freddie shepherd infatuation and his daily mail views on immigration, leazesmag can actually talk a lot of sense.

edit...not that i agree with everything in that post :razz:

Edited by Dr Gloom

If the Zog isn't a LB then why is he playing there? It's time for Enrique, 15 matches later and he still isn't starting. Especially against Arsenal who are not really a blood and guts side, if that's what Sam is worried about.

I agree about Smith having a good game, he is always looking more dangerous when up front. Of course when Owen returns we might well see him benched (which would be sad) or relegated to midfield (which would be bad.)

I definitely don't agree about Barton, in every performance I have seen from either one this year Emre has surpassed him. Fitness is only an excuse so long, the guy needs to keep his concentration and button his lip.

...My telescope might be on the blink though. :nufc:

If the Zog isn't a LB then why is he playing there? It's time for Enrique, 15 matches later and he still isn't starting. Especially against Arsenal who are not really a blood and guts side, if that's what Sam is worried about.

I agree about Smith having a good game, he is always looking more dangerous when up front. Of course when Owen returns we might well see him benched (which would be sad) or relegated to midfield (which would be bad.)

I definitely don't agree about Barton, in every performance I have seen from either one this year Emre has surpassed him. Fitness is only an excuse so long, the guy needs to keep his concentration and button his lip.

I agree

Guest Patrokles

Enrique already has started a few games? It wasn't really working out for him, so he's being rested again. :razz:

So you must think he's been having good games eh, and your mind is boggled because I say he's had a good one for a change, mmmm.

You have your opinion, I have mine, and just how many games has Barton had for us pray tell.

Just how stupid are you, I keep saying Zoggy is playing out of position ala Allardyce who appears to think otherwise.[/b]

Not really, even from afar it's easy to bring you into view and see how stupid you still are.

sort your quotes

Enrique already has started a few games? It wasn't really working out for him, so he's being rested again. :razz:

I get the feeling Enrique was dropped to protect him after the Liverpool game. His confidence must be shot so there's no point in dropping him back in against Arsenal when a trouncing could've been on the cards.

I expect to see him start against Brum.

it's funny that after you look past the freddie shepherd infatuation and his daily mail views on immigration, leazesmag can actually talk a lot of sense.

edit...not that i agree with everything in that post :razz:

my take on that, is that I always talk sense, and its only people putting personalities before a cold and logical judgement, preventing them from seeing it.

I fail to see how anybody who supported this club, or say they did anyway, during the days of McKeag, Seymour, Pirate etc etc can think Shepherd and Hall were shit. They delivered our best league positions for 50 years, and totally transformed the outlook of the club into a top club with high expectations again.

my take on that, is that I always talk sense, and its only people putting personalities before a cold and logical judgement, preventing them from seeing it.

I fail to see how anybody who supported this club, or say they did anyway, during the days of McKeag, Seymour, Pirate etc etc can think Shepherd and Hall were shit. They delivered our best league positions for 50 years, and totally transformed the outlook of the club into a top club with high expectations again.

You're right about those good positions, I bet we highly rewarded the manager who got us them, remind me of his treatment.

You're right about those good positions, I bet we highly rewarded the manager who got us them, remind me of his treatment.

I've not really much to say about that comment, other than you have just confirmed what clueless moron you are.

I take it you are talking about the manager who didn't want to know Newcastle United [his hometown club] when we had shit directors ?

Come back and reply, when you absorb this.

I've not really much to say about that comment, other than you have just confirmed what clueless moron you are.

I take it you are talking about the manager who didn't want to know Newcastle United [his hometown club] when we had shit directors ?

Come back and reply, when you absorb this.

howay man leazes, even considering how much you rate what shepherd and the halls did for the club you have to admit that their treatment of robson was pretty shoddy - especially after he took us to three consequtive top 5 finishes.