New Years Eve

khay

What's everyone's plans to welcome in the new year? House Party or does Newcastle have a street party of sorts?

I don't really drink or go out that much so not sure what I'm doing. All though saying that my girlfriend left her passport back at her folks so she might not be drinking either.

Think Aberdeen have a band or two playing but I don't think it will be worth the bother.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone's plans to welcome in the new year? House Party or does Newcastle have a street party of sorts?

I don't really drink or go out that much so not sure what I'm doing. All though saying that my girlfriend left her passport back at her folks so she might not be drinking either.

Think Aberdeen have a band or two playing but I don't think it will be worth the bother.

Am afraid that went out with Charles and Diana!then the Charva was born

I shall be lying in bed watching this with my gf before going to a house party. Ive had one too many shit new years nights out and im giving it up this year

Greatest Ever 80s Movies

Monday 31 December

9:00pm - 11:50pm

Five

Giles Coren counts down 40 box office hits from the decade that fashion forgot, as voted for in an exclusive poll of Five's viewers and readers of The Times. The programme features exclusive interviews with Sean Young, Kelly LeBrock, Corey Feldman, Irene Cara and many others. Who could forget Crocodile Dundee, Lethal Weapon, the legwarmers popularised by Fame, or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? But which 80s classic was shoulder-pads high above the rest? Tune in to find out.

VIDEO Plus+: 99557035

Friends have had the bright idea to go and sit in a park and have a picnic (?!) in the hours leading up to midnight.

So we'll be staying at home and drinking the champagne we nicked from the last wedding we went to.

Friends have had the bright idea to go and sit in a park and have a picnic (?!) in the hours leading up to midnight.

So we'll be staying at home and drinking the champagne we nicked from the last wedding we went to.

Are they students?

Are they students?

Is that what you used to do like?

Meeting a lass after she finishes at Pizza Express, a few drinks down Call Lane, then back to hers with a few others for a very civilised champagne supper, then wander into the Hyde Park to watch the fireworks, then back to hers for mulled wine, finish off the booze.

all dead posh like how y'knaaaa

Are they students?

Aye man.

Then in an even more zanier attempt, I'd add to the shoe tree in Armstrong Park along my way as well. :good:

Are they students?

Aye man.

Then in an even more zanier attempt, I'd add to the shoe tree in Armstrong Park along my way as well. :rolleyes:

:good: I dread to think what sort of crazy shit the kids get up to these days like.

Are they students?

Aye man.

Then in an even more zanier attempt, I'd add to the shoe tree in Armstrong Park along my way as well. :rolleyes:

:good: I dread to think what sort of crazy shit the kids get up to these days like.

Man they're a bunch of kranks the majority of them.

Few years ago now like, when I first went to Uni, my ex lass of the time went down to Sheffield Uni. She's a cracking lass, (awesome norks as well) always has been and always will. But she got in with all of these oh so rah and posh architectural students, despite her family being well off, she was always down to earth and that. But as soon as she went away to Uni with all of those man, she hung about with the most stereotypical student cunts you like, the kind that I absolutely loathe. I used to hate having to go down there and pretend I was having a bit of fun.

It was all one big fun factory of Pimms/Zanyness, far too much responsibility for a working class bloke like me to handle.

Are they students?

Aye man.

Man they're a bunch of kranks the majority of them.

Few years ago now like, when I first went to Uni, my ex lass of the time went down to Sheffield Uni. She's a cracking lass, (awesome norks as well) always has been and always will. But she got in with all of these oh so rah and posh architectural students, despite her family being well off, she was always down to earth and that. But as soon as she went away to Uni with all of those man, she hung about with the most stereotypical student cunts you like, the kind that I absolutely loathe. I used to hate having to go down there and pretend I was having a bit of fun.

It was all one big fun factory of Pimms/Zanyness, far too much responsibility for a working class bloke like me to handle.

It's awful when people change loads when they go to university. It's a shame when someone you thought of as being sound does it as it shows a total lack of their having a strong enough character to be themselves when they're that easily influenced.

in response to that alex, I'd say that equally university can give people the carte blanche they'd need to express themselves. I know that I've changed since Uni, but I think I'm better for it, I'm able to see more arguments and while I may disagree with them entirely, I'll still understand what it is they're rattling on about.

I've a naturally changeable character, something that's useful in a work environment and when you've a few diametrically opposed circles of friends.

I know you weren't mentioning anyone specifically, but what you said has been levelled at me by "mates" from Newcastle, when really, I didn't lack the strength of character, I just realised who I really was at Uni and I do tend to soften/harden myself depending on who I'm with. The way I talk changes, the things I talk about etc. Everybody does it to some degree, I just tend to do it more than most.

That being said there are some right goons around who insist that every celebration needs a "theme", every piss up should be fancy dress, every meal should be "special". I like a little bit of pretention, irrespective of the abuse it gets on here, nothing wrong with going to a nice restaurant to eat nice food, wearing nice clothes and holding nice conversation and all that jazz. But There's folk I know who will wear those stupid fluffy dresses, with gauche make-up and flamboyant hair to the local pub on a thursday night :good: