You work for a top managerial agency whose client would 'blow Mort's socks off'

nufc4ever

It's all a question of technique  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought for a long time that with the right money that Mourinho's ego would think that he could do a job here, however I dismissed this as fantasy and I'll do the same with this report.

EDIT: And why the fuck would one of the world's biggest agent ring a journo for Mort's number, surely a man in such circles could it find it more easily than by ringing a loud mouth journalist.

Edited by ewerk

I've thought for a long time that with the right money that Mourinho's ego would think that he could do a job here, however I dismissed this as fantasy and I'll do the same with this report.

EDIT: And why the fuck would one of the world's biggest agent ring a journo for Mort's number, surely a man in such circles could it find it more easily than by ringing a loud mouth journalist.

Of course he could, to both Mourinho and the agent but if you look at Willie McKay it's not as if intelligence is a requirement to be an agent.

Fuck me, had Peaspud's website got its own newspaper now? :D

The international edition of the Lörrach Zeitung? ;)

Just what I was thinking :dunno:

The story is probably made up, but Mourinho, even when he was having problems with Abramovich was mentioning us as one of the under-achieving clubs in the Premier he would relish resurrecting. It's not as stupid as it sounds. He loves the Premier league, and despite what the southern press think most football professionals see Newcastle as a big job.

I still expect Mourinho will go to the continent for his next job, but it isn't the craziest notion that if things don't turn round by the summer, Ashley will make a bid for Mourinho's services if he's still available.

I think some of the bile in the media directed towards Newcastle 'who do these perennial underachievers think they are by wanting / expecting success?' etc. is precisely because they know just how big this club could be with the right bloke in charge.

I think some of the bile in the media directed towards Newcastle 'who do these perennial underachievers think they are by wanting / expecting success?' etc. is precisely because they know just how big this club could be with the right bloke in charge.

:dunno:

There's a lot of jealousy involved because the passion surrounding the club is something southern clubs could only dream of, and it's a big draw for real football people, especially managers.

jose turned us down a few years ago remember..........................

yes...and he specifically said it was because he was going to be Bobby's no 2 with a view to taking over when Robson retired. The reason he turned it down was because he knew the old duffer would NEVER retire!

jose turned us down a few years ago remember..........................

yes...and he specifically said it was because he was going to be Bobby's no 2 with a view to taking over when Robson retired. The reason he turned it down was because he knew the old duffer would NEVER retire!

well i'm damn sure a word in his ear from the man he respects most in football might stand us in good stead ;)

would do a good job as Sams no 2 :dunno:

Whilst it would be somewhat of a miracle if Jose did land up at SJP as has been said he does have some connections to the job and i am sure Sir Bobby would have waxed lyrical about the place also worth bearing in mind that he would be well aware that if he acheived even half of what he did at any of his previous clubs there would be streets named after him never mind statues put up on every corner and a man of his ego could well be drawn to the prospect of leaving a legacy of legendary status.

As well as all that what other club could he go to that would piss off the entire country as much if it actually acheived its potential as Newcastle - its a long shot but i would never say never

Of course, he turned down the England job as he was waiting for us! Get real fellas!

Jose isn't a fan of international management. He's on record as saying he thinks it's for old men. At the moment he would want the day to day intensity of club management so he was never going to take the England job.

Of course, he turned down the England job as he was waiting for us! Get real fellas!

Jose isn't a fan of international management. He's on record as saying he thinks it's for old men. At the moment he would want the day to day intensity of club management so he was never going to take the England job.

And he's not taking the newcastle job either!!

But no one claimed he was. All I said was that IF he's still available at the end of the season (and that's a big if) I could quite well see Ashley making a big move to get him, assuming he has ambitions for the club we are led to believe.

But no one claimed he was. All I said was that IF he's still available at the end of the season (and that's a big if) I could quite well see Ashley making a big move to get him, assuming he has ambitions for the club we are led to believe.

I haven't claimed anyone said he was either, just merely stating that we have little chance if any of getting mourinho.

Mourinho will be manager of either Barca or Real Madrid next...

Anyone who even considers he's sat around waiting for Chris Mort to contact him is living in cloud-cuckoo land!