Defoe told he can leave Spurs

Kid Dynamite

I'd swap him for Martins without a second's thought....

Think he's off to Villa though

Wouldn't swap because I think Martins still has a lot to give and ones he gets his form back he will be an important player for us come the end of this season.

Dont think Villa want him either, pure speculation.

I'd swap him for Martins without a second's thought....

Think he's off to Villa though

Wouldn't swap because I think Martins still has a lot to give and ones he gets his form back he will be an important player for us come the end of this season.

Dont think Villa want him either, pure speculation.

How long do we have to wait though? As I've said elsewhere Martins has electric pace and a fierce shot.... but that's all he does have. Bellamy had both those attributes but much more besides. Sadly there's no footballing brain in that head of his and often runs around like a headless chicken. Reminds me very much of Mirandinha with pace.

Defoe has been sitting on the bench at Spurs for the best part of a year. When he comes on he often ends up bagging a goal or two yet he never seems to moan (not to the press anyway) that he's been largely overlooked. 3 times the player Martins is too.

Great if he wants to come. Seeing as how he's practically begging to stay at Spurs though I'm not sure. You would think he'd jump at the chance to get off the bench but even when Roeder was interested he never gave the impression he wanted to come here.

i'm not convinced he'll score more goals than martins tbh. he's a decent player but his goals to games ratio isn't the best. another example of an overrated english player.

i'm not convinced he'll score more goals than martins tbh. he's a decent player but his goals to games ratio isn't the best. another example of an overrated english player.

1 in every 2 PL starts at Spurs iirc. A tad overrated though, I agree. Better allround player than Martins though. I wouldn't be too fussed in Owen left instead of Martins were Defoe to come though as I think he's nowhere near the player he was.

The striker added: "He just said 'you can leave if you want to'. Yet I have no intention of leaving this club because I love it here."

Defoe said: "I would love to sign a new contract and I know people at the top of the club want me to stay. But no-one can expect me to sign a new deal if I can't get a game.

"If I had wanted to I could have gone ages ago. I have never said I wanted to leave Spurs and I don't now."

1 in every 2 PL starts at Spurs iirc. A tad overrated though, I agree. Better allround player than Martins though. I wouldn't be too fussed in Owen left instead of Martins were Defoe to come though as I think he's nowhere near the player he was.

Agree :D

The striker added: "He just said 'you can leave if you want to'. Yet I have no intention of leaving this club because I love it here."

Defoe said: "I would love to sign a new contract and I know people at the top of the club want me to stay. But no-one can expect me to sign a new deal if I can't get a game.

"If I had wanted to I could have gone ages ago. I have never said I wanted to leave Spurs and I don't now."

Happy to pick up his wages, live in London and play the odd bit of football. A slightly more motivated Steve Harper. :D

i didn't realise it was so good. last time we were linked with him i seem to remember someone posting his career ratio and it was worse than 1 in 3. i could be wrong like. can anyone be arsed to look it up?

i didn't realise it was so good. last time we were linked with him i seem to remember someone posting his career ratio and it was worse than 1 in 3. i could be wrong like. can anyone be arsed to look it up?

I think it is - even at Spurs, but he's only started about 2/3 of the games in which he's appeared for them.

just as i thought. apart from a red hot season at bournemouth, not that impressive:

West Ham United (1999–2004)

93 games, 29 goals

Bournemouth (loan) (2000-2001)

29 games 18 goals

Tottenham Hotspur (2004–present)

136 games, 42 goals