Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

If it was up to me he would have more time, ive never called him a good manager or a bad manager but i would have gave him at least 2 full seasons to try and turn it around ....The trouble is the fast food generation cant wait , they think you can get a manageer and be CL in a few month and ffs please dont give me the sven shit

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles
Phil Brown Sam's ex number 2 thinks the scouting network Sam has set up will leave with him "no doubt about that".

From the looks of the respective targets, it's the same scouting setup as at pompey anyway. :lol:

If it was up to me he would have more time, ive never called him a good manager or a bad manager but i would have gave him at least 2 full seasons to try and turn it around ....The trouble is the fast food generation cant wait , they think you can get a manageer and be CL in a few month and ffs please dont give me the sven shit

I know what you mean. I've used the Sven example in other threads as a comparison. New club, new regime etc and he started better. That contributed to BSA's downfall (imo).

That aside, I totally agree with what you've said. I didn't like the football we've been playing, but frankly the whole club is a bag of shite and it's not going to take a plaster and a kiss of yer mam to fix.

Whilst I wasn't totally happy with the Allardyce signing in the first place, I did feel that, given some time; he'd steady the ship and turn us into a team we could properly build upon. Given that the last 4 seasons or whatever have seen us in decline, I'd have taken that. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Man Utd or Arsenal. Neither was Chelsea to a degree. The tinkerman left a decent platform for The Special One to build on.

Either way, whoever takes over, I dont expect us to be back in the CL anytime soon. We have more work to do before we get back there.

I'll add one caveat though. Keegan did it - he exceeded our expectations, turned us into an exciting and winning team and got us into Europe in a relatively short space of time; so that's not to say it can't be done. Just that I'm not expecting it; because what Keegan also did was to artificially raise the expectations of our fans - particularly those under the current age of say 25?

We were class back then and on one hand we have every right to ask for it again. On the other hand, it might have been the exception that proves the rule and we're in for a long haul back to those days.

The Man City fanboys have constantly pissed me off this season, watch how they will quietly melt away at the end of the season when they just miss out on a UEFA spot. 4th with Liverpool 1 point behind them with a game in hand. The only team in the top 8! teams with a goal difference not in double figures, for all their supposed attacking style.

Does the mong who referred to Kevin Keegan as a geordie work for you lot?

who's the mong who doesn't realise that Keegan is half a geordie as his dad was a Geordie

I thought Keegan was the messiah, therefore immaculate conception?

the Messiah ?

Only if you experienced the shit that preceded him

He can spot a better centre forward than fucking Martins for a lot less money, which is something he has in his favour. :lol:

David Nugent? One game and he was trying to peddle him.

;)

So is that the same person as Akabusi on here? Someone on NO claimed it was.

Maybe if someone told me what it said I could help you??

Don't think so - theres a poster called Kats whose bloke is a journalist for the Sunday Mirror and he's texted her saying Redknapp has accepted - use of Ashley's jet as sweetener - will be in papers tomorrow.

The big hope is its a wind-up.

he writes anti NUFC articles like all the other southern based tossers though

What a bloody stupid decision that was!

We at Bolton have good right to hate to fat faced git, but he would have gotten Newcastle FC back into the top six. All he needed, is what any manager needs, time to turn around a club, especially one like Newcastle, which lets face it, has players and staff that, at the moment don't have a fxcking clue whats going on.

Bloody shame for you to be honest.

If you want to debate it elsewhere, it's being debated on our Bolton site here:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewforum.php?f=21

We at Bolton have good right to hate to fat faced git, but he would have gotten Newcastle FC back into the top six. All he needed, is what any manager needs, time to turn around a club, especially one like Newcastle, which lets face it, has players and staff that, at the moment don't have a fxcking clue whats going on.

He was spectacularly arrogant for someone who has achieved and was achieving so little (with no disrespect to his glorious reign at Bolton). That was the worrying thing. He didn't seem to have a particularly good knack of identifying and remedying faults with his teams.

He was spectacularly arrogant for someone who has achieved and was achieving so little (with no disrespect to his glorious reign at Bolton). That was the worrying thing. He didn't seem to have a particularly good knack of identifying and remedying faults with his teams.

No need to try and convinced us mate, we spend two bloody years with Pederson (our striker) at leftback!

Oh, and his habit of putting on a defender when losing isn't one of his better qualities!

No need to try and convinced us mate, we spend two bloody years with Pederson (our striker) at leftback!

Oh, and his habit of putting on a defender when losing isn't one of his better qualities!

:lol:

hang on a minute.......

Finally we can relate! Numerous occasions the wanker did that!

hang on a minute.......

My point was, that Newcastle FC will never be successful, unless they are prepared to let a manager (any manager) get his feet under the table. Sam had many faults, most of which was beyond frustrating. Yet he would have carried you forward given the time to do so. Wake up call for NUFC,

IT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT!

Why can't your board see that it's obviously not down to money spent, or players bought. It simply down to media and fan pressure for Newcastle to be one of the top four again. The problem is, you want it, and you want it NOW!

As long as that attitude echoes around St James's Park, your going to continue spending huge, achieving nothing.

hang on a minute.......

My point was, that Newcastle FC will never be successful, unless they are prepared to let a manager (any manager) get his feet under the table. Sam had many faults, most of which was beyond frustrating. Yet he would have carried you forward given the time to do so. Wake up call for NUFC,

Why can't your board see that it's obviously not down to money spent, or players bought. It simply down to media and fan pressure for Newcastle to be one of the top four again. The problem is, you want it, and you want it NOW!

As long as that attitude echoes around St James's Park, your going to continue spending huge, achieving nothing.

Before the glorious Keegan era (the media benchmark, where we didnt actually win anything, but had a manager who was given plenty of time), we'd won fuck all for over 20 years. During that time we had managers who were given time and those that weren't. Following Keegan's departure, we've had managers who have been given time (Bobby Robson) and those that haven't. We've still won fuck all.

Don't come on here implying that other clubs are more successful simply because they give their managers more time. Bullshit. They make better appointments, demand higher standards of their employees and are just simply better run.

hang on a minute.......

Before the glorious Keegan era (the media benchmark, where we didnt actually win anything, but had a manager who was given plenty of time), we'd won fuck all for over 20 years. During that time we had managers who were given time and those that weren't. Following Keegan's departure, we've had managers who have been given time (Bobby Robson) and those that haven't. We've still won fuck all.

Don't come on here implying that other clubs are more successful simply because they give their managers more time. Bullshit. They make better appointments, demand higher standards of their employees and are just simply better run.

QFT

hang on a minute.......

Thanks for saving me the trouble of pointing it out. Your best season since Keegan, has been under the one manager given time. Though it was lucky for him he managed to get it right straight from the off.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of pointing it out. Your best season since Keegan, has been under the one manager given time. Though it was lucky for him he managed to get it right straight from the off.

Except we had 2 years of shit under Bobby but he was given time because there were signs that he knew what he was doing - under Allardyce those signs were conspicuous by their absence which was the whole point.

hang on a minute.......

No, see you're wrong. Bobby Robson was a conspicuously (for NUFC) good appointment. The reason our board outdid themselves and managed to pull this coup off however didnt really owe to their brilliant insight or professionalism, it was simply because Bobby Robson was a lifelong Newcastle fan, who would have died for the club and probably would have managed it for free. Regrettably we got him at the wrong time because he was very late on in years.

Now to prove my point, the reason we don't win things is because we are run like a fucking joke. By the end of his tenure, the manager since keegan who (as you rightly identify) came closest to winning us anything, was having players bought under his nose and against his better judgement by the fucking fat mong who sat in the chairman's seat and got sucked off by prostitutes in Spanish brothels with his playboy mate Douglas Hall (also on the payroll).

What you're saying is a fucking insult to be honest. I've waited 30 years to win something. I don't expect to win anything and I could quite contentedly wait a prescribed length

of time if you guaranteed me we'd win something. No, what is apparent to me as a Newcastle fan, who's lived in Manchester my entire life, is not that other fans are more patient than us (trust me there are non less patient in world football than Man U or Liverpool fans), but simply that those other clubs are run with a degree of professionalism that is in a different stratosphere to NUFC.

Edited by manc-mag

Liverpool fans want Benitez out every time he fails to win back to back games or slips x points behind Man U. Funnily enough theres not even owt wrong with that because fans are just fans. It's simply about the board being strong and making the right decisions.

Man U would never have had the 20 years at the top theyve enjoyed if the fans had their way early doors. Simple as.

hang on a minute.......

No, see you're wrong. Bobby Robson was a conspicuously (for NUFC) good appointment. The reason our board outdid themselves and managed to pull this coup off however didnt really owe to their brilliant insight or professionalism, it was simply because Bobby Robson was a lifelong Newcastle fan, who would have died for the club and probably would have managed it for free. Regrettably we got him at the wrong time because he was very late on in years.

Now to prove my point, the reason we don't win things is because we are run like a fucking joke. By the end of his tenure, the manager since keegan who (as you rightly identify) came closest to winning us anything, was having players bought under his nose and against his better judgement by the fucking fat mong who sat in the chairman's seat and got sucked off by prostitutes in Spanish brothels with his playboy mate Douglas Hall (also on the payroll).

What you're saying is a fucking insult to be honest. I've waited 30 years to win something. I don't expect to win anything and I could quite contentedly wait a prescribed length

of time if you guaranteed me we'd win something. No, what is apparent to me as a Newcastle fan, who's lived in Manchester my entire life, is not that other fans are more patient than us (trust me there are non less patient in world football than Man U or Liverpool fans), but simply that those other clubs are run with a degree of professionalism that is in a different stratosphere to NUFC.

It's not meant to be insulting, I'm addressing NUFC fans as a whole. I'm sure each has their own frustrations. Yet it's not really the fans. If Bolton had pumped the amount of money into transfers that Newcastle has, I'm sure we would all be up in arms. At least you guys manage to fill your stadium every week, which, regardless of circumstance, is commendable.

Yet, you are a club that has filtered millions into the team, almost (if not as much) as the top four clubs, and fill a huge stadium every week, what's going wrong?

You have been bettered a few times by a club that has spent less then 15 million in five season time and time again (not a dig), while you have struggled for stability. Then get the manager of the club that had done that. Not only that, but all the backroom staff and one of our best defenders too. Then bin him because it didn't happen for you straight away?

How many times has Newcastle Utd been back to that square with the number one on it? Is it a gypsy curse? Is it a ridiculous coincidence? Or the case that your board need to finally commit to a long term plan.

What? Did they expect Allardyce to suddenly start playing entertaining football? Did they expect to be challenging Arsenal, Chelsea and the Scum straight from the off?

Do yourselves a favour. Start looking at the real reason your club is in such disarray. Is it because of all the Premiership proven managers you have sacked? Or a position slightly higher?