So it looks like it's going to be 'Arry

Ketsbaia

I'm as underwhelmed as the next supporter. It really is a bizarre move by Ashley, a move which seems to show that all his prior knowledge of Football comes from his mate in the Spuds shirt. But lets try and be positive...

-He plays some of the better football in the league.

-He may bring Tony Adams with him, who seems like an excellent defensive coach.

-He's not getting any younger. I think this could be his last job in football so he's probably desperate for some success.

-It's well known he's your typical chirpy, cockney and seems non-plussed by the North. To come up here he must have been offered mega-bucks, either in the way of a transfer kitty ( ;) ) or his contract ( ;) ) or both ( :lol: )

-When given money by the oil rich Ruskie in charge at Pompy, he doesn't seem to have squandered it. Since he came back and this new lad took over he's taken Pompy from a lower midtable/relegation side, below us to a team challenging for Europe. I know it's a small step but it's a bigger one than we've took over the past few years

-He always seems to sign the players that we moan "we should've gone for"

-He's got a gorgeous daughter in law

Howay, lets be positive and get behind our manager for once. I know that concept is alien to some of our fans but lets not cut our nose off to spite our face and give him stick because he's not who we wanted. Lets face it, the likes of Mourinho, Lippi, Hitzfeld etc. wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick at this moment in time. Do we really want to be in this same position in 8 months time? Do we balls. The media have had a right good chortle at us over the past 36 hours and rightly so. Same old bloody Newcastle. Continuity can breed success, so lets give this man a chance to do something before we boo, jeer and moan.

Howay, lets be positive and get behind our manager for once. I know that concept is alien to some of our fans but lets not cut our nose off to spite our face and give him stick because he's not who we wanted. Lets face it, the likes of Mourinho, Lippi, Hitzfeld etc. wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick at this moment in time. Do we really want to be in this same position in 8 months time? Do we balls. The media have had a right good chortle at us over the past 36 hours and rightly so. Same old bloody Newcastle. Continuity can breed success, so lets give this man a chance to do something before we boo, jeer and moan.

Exactly. Harry wouldnt be my first choice, but the options available are much much smaller than many fans would like to think. While the form table shows that Pompy have a shocking recent home record (as per .com) its interesting to see they are TOP of the away form table.

Exactly. Harry wouldnt be my first choice, but the options available are much much smaller than many fans would like to think. While the form table shows that Pompy have a shocking recent home record (as per .com) its interesting to see they are TOP of the away form table.

And when was the last time we won 7-4? Surely that'll appease the fuckers who moan about 'boring football' :lol:

I'm bored of the "Mourinho, Lippi, Hitzfeld wouldn't touch us" argument. Who has said they would? There are others though. Man City got Eriksson, Spurs got Ramos - we're in the same position in and we go for a 60-year old never-was. That's what it comes down to!

I'm bored of the "Mourinho, Lippi, Hitzfeld wouldn't touch us" argument. Who has said they would? There are others though. Man City got Eriksson, Spurs got Ramos - we're in the same position in and we go for a 60-year old never-was. That's what it comes down to!

Half the fuckers on N-O :lol:

I completely agree that we should've looked elsewhere, but lets give the bloke a chance.

Well, it looks like it's going to happen now so I'm going to try and look on the bright side.

1) the transformation should be pretty quick, because unlike Allardyce he won't try and fit the players to the system, he'll probably do what most sensible folk would - look at the players and make an effective unit based on their abilities.

2) the short transfer window won't bother him, he'll sign 15 players within a week of putting his name on a contract.

3) ...erm...that's it so far but I'll think of something more I'm sure.

Well, it looks like it's going to happen now so I'm going to try and look on the bright side.

1) the transformation should be pretty quick, because unlike Allardyce he won't try and fit the players to the system, he'll probably do what most sensible folk would - look at the players and make an effective unit based on their abilities.

2) the short transfer window won't bother him, he'll sign 15 players within a week of putting his name on a contract.

Will Amdy Faye be one of them?

Will Amdy Faye be one of them?

You can bet he'll sign some stinkers along with a few jewels. That's Arry's way isn't it?

And when was the last time we won 7-4? Surely that'll appease the fuckers who moan about 'boring football' :lol:

how many home 0-0's they had this season? bet the doom merchants are buzzing at the thought of that.

29.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Middlesbrough 1

26.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Arsenal 0

15.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Tottenham 0

01.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Everton 1

11.11.07 Portsmouth 0 Man City 0

27.10.07 Portsmouth 0 West Ham 0

we've got 10 points from those games so far, with the boro left to play.

Bring back Big Sam.

seems its a 2 horse race between hughes and redknapp and thats if both can be persuaded to leave.

if i were managing either team for the record i wouldn't like to come to newcastle. as things stand its not a step up but a step sideways or backwards.

Just my $0.02

Yet another case of a manager being overrated by the press a la Souness.

I really am struggling to find much in the way of positives here other than his teams usually play half decent football (albeit without any great success in winning games).

Most of all I am just pissed off that we've made no effort at all to bring in a top class manager. Chirst even Birmingham showed more ambtion than us. I'm not suggesting for a minute that I expected the likes of Mourinho to be banging down our door but surely we could at least try.

Maybe we can get a couple of seasons out of Redknapp where we start moving forward a bit and get into the UEFA cup and then we can try again with a top class manager.

I really am struggling to find much in the way of positives here other than his teams usually play half decent football (albeit without any great success in winning games).

Most of all I am just pissed off that we've made no effort at all to bring in a top class manager. Chirst even Birmingham showed more ambtion than us. I'm not suggesting for a minute that I expected the likes of Mourinho to be banging down our door but surely we could at least try.

Maybe we can get a couple of seasons out of Redknapp where we start moving forward a bit and get into the UEFA cup and then we can try again with a top class manager.

Now have a look at their away record :lol:

Now have a look at their away record :lol:

I very rarely get to away games these days so that means fuck all to me ;)

Anyway you won't get very far if you can only win away. You need to be picking up points at home.

Who should we have gone for though? Take our Ramos, Sven etc are we really left with Jol, Houllier with prem experience (assuming they wanted that). Ashley/Mort are new to football so I really dont see them taking a risk with an outsider.

If Im honest, Id accept taking Harry, though like most be underwhelmed by it, however I think Im happier we didnt get Hughes or McLaren than I am anything else.

As it seems at least.

Who should we have gone for though? Take our Ramos, Sven etc are we really left with Jol, Houllier with prem experience (assuming they wanted that). Ashley/Mort are new to football so I really dont see them taking a risk with an outsider.

If Im honest, Id accept taking Harry, though like most be underwhelmed by it, however I think Im happier we didnt get Hughes or McLaren than I am anything else.

As it seems at least.

True that. Sad times we are in really. ;)

C'mon 'arry, c'mon 'arry, c'mon 'arry :lol:;)

As it seems at least.

I've been sitting on the fence really but really would have loved mourinho. However, Mike Ashley should emply who he wants and not fold to fan pressure. I would rather have Redknapp, Van Gaal (love the guy), Mark Hughes and have them back to the high hills with cash, than lippi for e.g, whom many people want and have ashley not backing him through cash/loyalty. This would cause friction amongst the board so i fancy we get behind ashley and have some stability in this club, in turn build the success we have been deprived of and crave so much.