Le Fil De Deschamps In/Out De Fonctionnaire!

Andrew Flintoff

Didier Deschamps in my eyes is one that never ever even entered my head at all! I was playin snooker in my local thnite and my good mate whos manager at ladbrooks in ashington came and said said hes jumped straight in a 2/1! I was like "what dider fuckin deschamps!" but after talking about it and giving it some thought, remembering watching monoco and thinkin fuckin hell go on son. I was quite refreshed and excited at the thought of him being linked with us. He is after all an very promising up and coming manager and yes id be absofuckinlutely delighted if i heard on the radio we appointed him!

Now to a point someone made earlier in this thread about mort proving his competency and the sacking of allardyce being shepherd like.......Fuck off man, mort has been othing than professional in everything he has done and said since his arrival. So too has mike ashley!

Mort being a top lawyer in the country speaks volume's, shows his competency in his field and his profesionalism alone. And Ashley being a self made billionaire speaks volumes in itself.

As for the Allardyce sacking well, i still get puzzled when people say it was a bad decision blah blah blah, wrong time, no guarenteed replacement blah blah blah...the fact is ashley was man enough and decent enough to give allardyce a chance and to be fair BSA progressivly blew it! Ashley and mort made the decision to sack him and rightly so, it was that or reluctantly release funds to a manager they have 0% faith and and theyd be sure as hell to see poor quality signings with that money!

I for one and im sure im dont stand alone in this opinion think that mort and ashleys decions to sack him and go down this rather lengthy appointment process to be 100% correct! And its a refresshing change to the farce that was everyting conerned with the fat freddy regime!

Edited by Maestro7

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didier Deschamps in my eyes is one that never ever even entered my head at all! I was playin snooker in my local thnite and my good mate whos manager at ladbrooks in ashington came and said said hes jumped straight in a 2/1! I was like "what dider fuckin deschamps!" but after talking about it and giving it some thought, remembering watching monoco and thinkin fuckin hell go on son. I was quite refreshed and excited at the thought of him being linked with us. He is after all an very promising up and coming manager and yes id be absofuckinlutely delighted if i heard on the radio we appointed him!

Now to a point someone made earlier in this thread about mort proving his competency and the sacking of allardyce being shepherd like.......Fuck off man, mort has been othing than professional in everything he has done and said since his arrival. So too has mike ashley!

Mort being a top lawyer in the country speaks volume's, shows his competency in his field and his profesionalism alone. And Ashley being a self made billionaire speaks volumes in itself.

As for the Allardyce sacking well, i still get puzzled when people say it was a bad decision blah blah blah, wrong time, no guarenteed replacement blah blah blah...the fact is ashley was man enough and decent enough to give allardyce a chance and to be fair BSA progressivly blew it! Ashley and mort made the decision to sack him and rightly so, it was that or reluctantly release funds to a manager they have 0% faith and and theyd be sure as hell to see poor quality signings with that money!

I for one and im sure im dont stand alone in this opinion think that mort and ashleys decions to sack him and go down this rather lengthy appointment process to be 100% correct! And its a refresshing change to the farce that was everyting conerned with the fat freddy regime!

Are you going to explain how Ashley would have been forced to release money to BSA. I'm all ears.

Well forced was not a word i used, if he had stayed with allardyce he would of been expected to of given BSA funds to buy players with. Thus meanin if he didnt have faith in BSA's abilities to be successfull at the toon, he would of had to reluctantly release funds to him.

Didnt think it needed explaining to be fair mate....thought it was obvious.

Well forced was not a word i used, if he had stayed with allardyce he would of been expected to of given BSA funds to buy players with. Thus meanin if he didnt have faith in BSA's abilities to be successfull at the toon, he would of had to reluctantly release funds to him.

Didnt think it needed explaining to be fair mate....thought it was obvious.

oh okay...fair enough...Sam would have 'expected' him to give him money would he...looked up at him with those big puppy dog eyes..and Mike would have then felt pressured to I spose..aww bless. Bollocks, the reason I used the word 'forced', was that unless Ashley was actually forced to give him money, then you don't have a point to make.

No Ashley could have just told him there was no money available in the window. How hard would that be? he's quite canny with money our Mike as you're so quick to point out elsewhere so i doubt BSA's puppy dog eye routine would have had him persuaded.

The point was about the timing of the sacking without having anyone else lined up. It was bad whichever way you slice it. He could have told Sam there were no funds this window simple as and he didnt need to justify that by stating his motives.

Didnt have to sack Allardyce for the reason you've stated there. Total cobblers.

I'll have him.

While I expected our managerial search to descend into farce following 'Arry's refusal, I'm surprised and pleased that some actual names are being bandied about and we might somehow land one of them.

Shearer will have his time but I don't think it's now. He needs to get involved with Hartlepool/Darlo/Carlisle etc. and get some hands-on experience while still staying on the radar and then move up.

PS if you don't think Mort needs to prove his competency then your standards are shocking.

The fact that he's a 'top lawyer' doesn't necessarily qualify him to have conduct of the affairs of a football club. That's not to say he's not up to it, but you're basically saying that it necesarily follows that he does because he's a top lawyer. Completely nonsensical.

I'm a junior lawyer and I don't feel qualified to be chairman of a lower league club.

PS Gordon McKeag was a lawyer by trade.

manc-mag........manc fuckin mag......fuck off mate your name says it all you fuckin clueless tosser.........END OF

geordienation-tastic. fat fred would've loved you mate.

p.s. your player ratings are even worse than my "magness ratings." you think Given and Cacapa were worse than Smith v. Man U? Smith is certainly the worst player in black and white, both last game and this whole season.

Guest Patrokles
PS if you don't think Mort needs to prove his competency then your standards are shocking.

The fact that he's a 'top lawyer' doesn't necessarily qualify him to have conduct of the affairs of a football club. That's not to say he's not up to it, but you're basically saying that it necesarily follows that he does because he's a top lawyer. Completely nonsensical.

I'm a junior lawyer and I don't feel qualified to be chairman of a lower league club.

Now I know why the hatred towards Mort. JEALOUS of his law-muscles.

:D:icon_lol:

The odds on Deschamps, 39, taking the helm at St James' Park plunged from 80-1 to 2-1 although suggestions the former Monaco and Juventus manager was already flying to Tyneside for talks with Newcastle's billionaire owner, Mike Ashley, were wide of the mark.

:icon_lol:

manc-mag........manc fuckin mag......fuck off mate your name says it all you fuckin clueless tosser.........END OF

118 118 Got your number :D

If there's one thing in the world I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about it's legal services. Ask anyone that knows me.

OOOOOooOOOOoooOOOOhh

:handbag:

My take as of this morning is that this "professional" approach of drawing up a shortlist and maybe holding interviews has got the bookies, media and fans completely confused. Thats why second hand speculative articles are causing odds to go mental and headlines to be written and re-written.

As I said even if we end up with someone which some may feel is a let down, at least we've tried to do things right which is progress from previous regimes.

Edited by NJS

The Mirror reckon he'll bring in Gianfranco Zola as his number 2.

I was having my usual extended lie in while the radio was on and heard that. I instantly jumped out of bed and did a little excited run about the flat.

Yes please.

At last we'll have someone on the coaching staff who's probably still as good as most of the players, rather than having never been. Someone to demand respect.

At last we'll have someone on the coaching staff who's probably still as good as most of the players, rather than having never been. Someone to demand respect.

...Just like Gullit :D

Can I nominate HF for 'worst avatar to look at when you've just got up in the hope there is some news' :D

:icon_lol:

I'm a gif master after finding this...

http://gickr.com/upload_files

That is why I'm still surprised he hasn't bought in one or two senior football figures as advisors or non-executive board members.

Btw I really don't think SA was sacked in the normal use of the word.

I was having my usual extended lie in while the radio was on and heard that. I instantly jumped out of bed and did a little excited run about the flat.

Yes please.

Even I would be happy with Zola, just because he was such a great player. I don't know anything about his coaching abilities though.

And I still don't really get this whole Deschamps jizzfest.

Yes please.

Even I would be happy with Zola, just because he was such a great player. I don't know anything about his coaching abilities though.

Actually bit of a serious question from myself, who do you want for the job mate? I know myself, I personally don't have a clue at the moment so I'm well and truly sitting on the fence so to speak.

Yes please.

Actually bit of a serious question from myself, who do you want for the job mate? I know myself, I personally don't have a clue at the moment so I'm well and truly sitting on the fence so to speak.

I am probably in your camp with not really having a clue. It's more about not getting excited by certain names.

I mentioned in another thread that the most important criterion for appointing a manager is that he matches with the club and its philosophy. And I think there are managers despite their superb CVs or playing careers could be failures. And to be a bit arrogant, I've quite often been right with my feeling about managers. I live close to Stuttgart (among the most fickle football fans you can think). When they replaced Trapattoni with Veh, a manager who had more or less only managed lower league teams and been unemployed for a couple of years, I was more or less on my own when I thought, he would be successful because he would really match with the club. A bit over a year later he had lead them to a league title and to a cup final. I was sure about Klinsmann being a success for Germany or most lately Schuster doing brilliant at Madrid (I think I even mentioned it on N-O). I've been in many cases (Gullit for example) though...

I've have to say I am not really a big fan of French, Italian and Spanish football and it is probably because of this that I think that most players/managers who were brought up in this environment would struggle at Newcastle. Though I know too little about the likes of Pellegrini for example.

Being more nordic orientated I think a manager like Morten Olsen for example who plays a decent football could do a job. Or maybe someone like Michael Laudrup who is now at Getafe (and who I think I mentioned here already a couple of years ago). Of course my favourite would be van Gaal, although I do believe he is far too happy at Alkmaar (and hates English football) to take the job. Another person I always mention who imho would fit in well at Newcastle is George Burley. Or maybe now the likes of Mowbray or Magilton (a bit of an Ipswich school of bringing up a certain kind of managers).

Have to stop here, because I've actually some work to do, I'll try to think of more names more of my liking.

Edited by Isegrim