Dennis Wise quits Leeds to sign up for Newcastle revolution

Scottish Mag

WTF Indeed! I can only think Keegan has become mates with him over the years and there is a bit of nepotism at play.

I've never known one knowledgable football fan with a mackem accent.

Wise loves Keegan because he took him to Euro 2000 aged 34.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...15/sfnlei15.xml

Broke his own team mates jaw in a proven unprovoked attack. Not really the actions of someone I want to be overseeing our whole club

it's an as yet unspecified role but that quote could quite easily be applied to Shearer too (the Dublin incident + Bellamy). i'm interested to here the story behind this and wonder what it means for Shearer. I think, I hope that it means he wont be coming here until he's had a crack of the whip elsewhere.

I've no idea if it will be a good move or not, he's certainly got experience and seems to be a winning character with a lot of determination. Besides he's a bit of a hate figure too, so hopefully this will just help us close ranks and done the teflon suit so none of the shit the tabloids hoy at us will stick

Has the latest brochure for KK been changed this time too??

From the Guardian:

The decision to approach Wise last week was taken by Newcastle's chairman, Chris Mort, rather than manager Kevin Keegan, who is still looking for a No2 after Alan Shearer chose not to return to St James' Park last week.

From the BBC:

Keegan himself would not be drawn on the subject of Wise at a Newcastle media briefing on Monday.

"Obviously, there are going to be some moves at this club, but I think the chairman (Chris Mort) has really got to come out and say what that's all about later this week."

Seems its nailed on this bizarre move reading Sky news with a statement from Leeds Utd. Mixed reports about what his actual role is to be other than DoF (some saying under KK, some unrelated to KK and a Mort appt and so on). Id be interested to hear what the club have to say about this.

"Newcastle United are again in crisis this week as Kevin Keegan revealed it was chairman Chris Mort who had made the decision to employ Dennis Wise..." etc.

Well, either Mort hired him or Keegan did. I dont like either scenario.

We could appoint Ghandi and someone would complain, give the thing a chance for fuck sake. Keegan and Wise are good pals, after his England stint.

We could appoint Ghandi and someone would complain, give the thing a chance for fuck sake. Keegan and Wise are good pals, after his England stint.

;)

well perhaps he's a good coach? better than we have now or is pearson hanging around still?

He was on Sat'day. Mebe he's taken the fall for that game.

Bang on. I've never really liked the weasel looking little fucker, but I dont give a shite what he's done in the past on the pitch, if he is being moulded into something half decent behind the scenes in football and has something to offer then Id be interested to see what it was. Basically, I'll reserve judgement though Id me lying if I didnt say I thought it bizarre.

Wise has proved himself to be a very astute coach - what he has acheived with leeds this season is nothing short of a miracle - the fact he was an irritating cockney twat as a player is by the by - he was a winner as a player and hopefully this will continue in his coaching career - the only downer you could put on this is if keegan was not involved in the decision to bring him to the club - however i don't beleive that mort would be so stupid as to pull the rug from under keegans feet less than a week after talking him into returning to the club

tbf Ghandi would be a very poor appointment;

1. He has no obvious footballing experience

2. He is dead.

3. See 2

I, for one, would give him a chance, at least he would be prepared to die for the cause. ;)