Giles Barnes

Chaser

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory this structure is a forward step, not too sure Wise is right tho`. KK will get things right given time and money, the players are playing for him thats plain to see. I think with Viduka up front with Owen at the weekend we may see a few goals and set us up for a few tough games

I also love how we were slated for not giving Sam time and they are giving him (KK) stick after 3 games :icon_lol:

If the press don't have a story, they just make one up.

Without Newcastle most sports "journalists" might actually have to think of something to write about.

Apparently, Keegan last night said there would be no transfers before the summer.

Makes you wonder what this new setup thinks about then? being linked with and making enquiries for players :icon_lol:

whats happening?

Apparently, Keegan last night said there would be no transfers before the summer.

Makes you wonder what this new setup thinks about then? being linked with and making enquiries for players :icon_lol:

whats happening?

What they are setting up is clearly a long term thing (and it's true that it's hardly Wenger personally finding and bringing in all their young talent, or Ferguson at Man U either), not a help with panic buying thing.

I dunno how good Wise will be in that sort of role, but really I guess it requires commitment and a good eye for talent, which I guess Wise has as much as anyone.

I guess it's going to be the next 5 month and over the summer that we start to see how it is working.

Someone should tell this bloke

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/alva...cal-557678.html

That's what I thought when I heard what Keegan had said! I wondered if KK was just bullshitting the media, or trying to keep everything (transfers) as quiet as possible.

Yours, confused :icon_lol:

Someone should tell this bloke

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/alva...cal-557678.html

That's what I thought when I heard what Keegan had said! I wondered if KK was just bullshitting the media, or trying to keep everything (transfers) as quiet as possible.

Yours, confused :icon_lol:

Hopefully both.

whats happening?

What they are setting up is clearly a long term thing (and it's true that it's hardly Wenger personally finding and bringing in all their young talent, or Ferguson at Man U either), not a help with panic buying thing.

I dunno how good Wise will be in that sort of role, but really I guess it requires commitment and a good eye for talent, which I guess Wise has as much as anyone.

I guess it's going to be the next 5 month and over the summer that we start to see how it is working.

but has he though? he's spend a fair few quid on shite at Leeds hasnt he?

whats happening?

but has he though? he's spend a fair few quid on shite at Leeds hasnt he?

PaulHuntingdon_L.jpg

“We have rejected Newcastle’s offer for Giles Barnes because it was derogatory,” said Jewell. “They tell us they won’t be coming back and I’m delighted about that.

IMO £3m is a fair price for a very promising players and one that could give us options in our turgid midfield.

Firstly in the summer we hardly buy any quality and we follow it up by the looks of it by buying no-one. Mystifying.

I don't find either parts mystifying really. We were desperate for defenders in particular with all the comings and goings at the club and imo last summer was arguably the most difficult in our recent history in terms of the work that needed doing, plus you had the takeover, etc. Also, it's very diffiuclt to make quality signings in January and it isn't like we haven't tried to sign players either.

“We have rejected Newcastle’s offer for Giles Barnes because it was derogatory,” said Jewell. “They tell us they won’t be coming back and I’m delighted about that.

IMO £3m is a fair price for a very promising players and one that could give us options in our turgid midfield.

Firstly in the summer we hardly buy any quality and we follow it up by the looks of it by buying no-one. Mystifying.

£1.5mil offer according to .com. When you consider Sunderland have just made a £4mil bid for Andy Reid you can understand why they told us to fuck off. Hes there only sellable asset really and could probably make 3 times what we offered.

£1.5mil offer according to .com. When you consider Sunderland have just made a £4mil bid for Andy Reid you can understand why they told us to fuck off. Hes there only sellable asset really and could probably make 3 times what we offered.

Aye, it's not like Sunderland to pay over the odds for British and Irish players.

Given Baine's appearances record £1.5m wasn't a bad opening offer. A couple of days ago Jewell was describing it as a reasonable offer but now he's saying it's insulting?

Aye, it's not like Sunderland to pay over the odds for British and Irish players.

Given Baine's appearances record £1.5m wasn't a bad opening offer. A couple of days ago Jewell was describing it as a reasonable offer but now he's saying it's insulting?

Barnes and derogatory. :icon_lol:

Edited by snakehips