relegation

jab

I reckon the Birmingham and Mackems games will decide it loose those and i reckon we`ve gone.

Whatever happens the summer signings will be the test for Ashley to either rebuild the team or make us certainties for the drop if we stay up next season. If we go down with the present team forget any ideas of coming straight back up i reckon mid table at best.

The blame cant lie with Keegan i reckon the damage was done when Shiteness sold all our best players top of the list being Bellamy. Also we havent managed to find a replacement for Shearer.

If Ashley doesnt rebuild he should sell to someone who will. To be fair he has had to pour in millions to straighten out the finances so perhaps that has been his priority. Re building will be harder though if we go down the last thing we want is to be a yo yo side like the Mackems.

Well we did rebuild quite a lot last summer, and as such Ashley has already splashed a reasonable amount of dosh. Problem being that the rebuilding wasn't much better than what was before and that they didn't seem ready to really back a manager that wasn't their man to the hilt.

Hopefully this summer will be different in pretty much every way.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not too good to go down. I dont think our players have the fire in their bellies to fight off relegation. I think we will survive only due to the equally poor displays from Bolton & Fulham, making us the 4th worst team in the league. That is a pretty depressing stat.

What is honestly wrong with the state of our club? Why is it that every year the league is written off, or it is a transition year? There is now no constant between now and when Robson left, however we still continue to freefall. Looking at the team on paper, you would think it good enough to sit around mid-table at least. We've been quite fortunate with the injuries this season too. I honestly dont know where Keegan will take the club from here. We're a pretty unattractive option right now, and the worse we get, the harder itll be in the summer to attract decent players.

Certainly not too good to go down. I dont think our players have the fire in their bellies to fight off relegation. I think we will survive only due to the equally poor displays from Bolton & Fulham, making us the 4th worst team in the league. That is a pretty depressing stat.

What is honestly wrong with the state of our club? Why is it that every year the league is written off, or it is a transition year? There is now no constant between now and when Robson left, however we still continue to freefall. Looking at the team on paper, you would think it good enough to sit around mid-table at least. We've been quite fortunate with the injuries this season too. I honestly dont know where Keegan will take the club from here. We're a pretty unattractive option right now, and the worse we get, the harder itll be in the summer to attract decent players.

Well better than usual, but given the usual for us is 2/3's of the squad near death and the other 1/3 playing injured/just coming back from long term injury that's not saying much.

A lot of our injures (minorish though they largely may have been) have cost us quite a bit this season with our lack of depth and quality. Viduka's been missing a lot and we basically have no one to replace him, and Given's been out a fair bit too and I suspect playing carrying an injury as well (whether he knew it or not) which might actually have cost us more than him being straight injured.

I still think a decent rebuild with plenty of money can get us 8th+ next season.

I haven't seriously contemplated relegation until this weekend, but the way I see it now is like this: We can talk all we like about them not being Keegan's players, confidence being low, players out of form, a tough run of games and good old fashioned bad luck. But KK has to start earning his money from now on in. In the next seven games we've got Birmingham (a) where we can get something, Fulham at home which we should win, Spurs away where a draw isn't beyond the realms of possibility now they've taken the foot off the gas after winning the Carling cup, Reading at home which again we should win, Pompey away where I wouldn't expect much, the mackems, who Keegan has a good record against and West Ham who are getting tonked just as regularly as us at the moment.

If we can't take the required points off that lot, we'll get what we deserve, simple as that.

Okay, you should know it's bad when even I'm having slight concerns... I mean I really am trying to be Mr Optomistic but it's looking like some of those teams who should be below us really are putting up more of a fight than I first gave them credit for :lol: ~ parp...

Okay, you should know it's bad when even I'm having slight concerns... I mean I really am trying to be Mr Optomistic but it's looking like some of those teams who should be below us really are putting up more of a fight than I first gave them credit for :lol: ~ parp...

So whats changed since the Blackburn game to raise your concerns?

That game was our best this season BTW

That game was our best this season BTW

Still disagree that, Arsenal at home was the best performance I'd say.

thats 2 good performances then

I still fancy us to nick a win against someone and then another one. Hopefully that will be enough. 34/35 points will be enough...

How shit is the standard of teams in The Premiership man. Best league in the world my arse.

Well if you look at the Champion's league, not that shit.

Although what there certainly is in the Premiership is pretty much two separate leagues.

How shit is the standard of teams in The Premiership man. Best league in the world my arse.

Although what there certainly is in the Premiership is pretty much two separate leagues.

Last time I checked there were more than 4 teams in The Premiership.

Mate besides Inter, Roma and Fiorentina, the Serie A is shite. Besides Real Madrid, Barca and Sevilla the Primera League is shite. All four Premier League teams are still in the Champions League. Tottenham, Portsmouth and Everton are good sides. The Premier League is still the best competition in the world. Unfortunately though, there aren't many Englishmen playing in the domestic league. That is where we lack.

As for relegation, Newcastle are shite. Every player has a blatant weakness about them. Every fuckin' player. If we don't get relegated I'll be happy to drink 'till I need to be taken to a hospital. It's never happened to me before, but I'll be happy to do it on this occasion...

Edited by Ken

What does that say about every OTHER league in Europe then?

Relegation bait Bolton are on their way to European glory though.

Agree about Serie A like. I haven't seen enough of La Liga this season to properly comment but there are some very ordinary sides in the Italian top flight. There are some shite teams in the PL too like.

That our top 4 are better than theirs. I suppose the TV money over here helps quite a bit in that respect. La Liga's the best in my view, the standard of football is higher than over here. I always like to watch a bit of The Bundesliga as well whenever that's on Setanta.

That our top 4 are better than theirs. I suppose the TV money over here helps quite a bit in that respect. La Liga's the best in my view, the standard of football is higher than over here. I always like to watch a bit of The Bundesliga as well whenever that's on Setanta.

But still the standard of our league clearly isn't :lol: compared to every other league in Europe when judged by the only direct way to compare them.

Although (as I said) there's pretty much two leagues within the Premier league (which is the case for many of the other European leagues too), I mean if you took the top 4 out of the Premier league and gave them a separate league of their own, would anyone actually notice? :D

I mean if you took the top 4 out of the Premier league and gave them a separate league of their own, would anyone actually notice? :D

Well our goal difference would be slightly better I suppose. :lol:

I mean if you took the top 4 out of the Premier league and gave them a separate league of their own, would anyone actually notice? :D

Well our goal difference would be slightly better I suppose. :lol:

Well hopefully anyway. :icon_lol:

(which is doubly depressing as we were pretty much the last team to consistently challenge that grouping)

Well actually actually.

I bow to your powers of parallel universe insight (although maybe Schrödinger's cat would disagree). :lol:

Well, I think Meenzer was on about this season. So was I.

I think he was making a joke too btw. So was I.

Well actually actually.

I bow to your powers of parallel universe insight (although maybe Schrödinger's cat would disagree). :D

Well, I think Meenzer was on about this season. So was I.

I think he was making a joke too btw. So was I.

What's that phrase about becoming what you hate?

Personally I was clearly just writing an application for funding to fully and rigorously investigate this eventuality. :lol::icon_lol: