The official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs ManUre

Jimbo

You turn things round by having a good manager in who buys good players. It's not rocket science. There are loads of clubs who've managed this without going down - Man City, Villa, us under Robson not too long ago. Going down generally makes things even worse. Especially for big clubs with big wage bills. Leeds and Sheff Wed spring to mind.

We're in a position now where we've got so much dead wood and huge, fairly new contracts I can't see them moving on unless we go down, that's the point i'm trying to make.

I know what you're saying. I just disagree :hiya:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You turn things round by having a good manager in who buys good players. It's not rocket science. There are loads of clubs who've managed this without going down - Man City, Villa, us under Robson not too long ago. Going down generally makes things even worse. Especially for big clubs with big wage bills. Leeds and Sheff Wed spring to mind.

We're in a position now where we've got so much dead wood and huge, fairly new contracts I can't see them moving on unless we go down, that's the point i'm trying to make.

I know what you're saying. I just disagree :hiya:

If we stay up it will take 18months to improve the playing staff to a sufficient degree - relegation would mean a minimum of 3 years

I still don't believe we're in a relegation fight yet. I look at the premier league and see at the very least 3 teams who are much worse than we are, without the players who can put on match winning performances.

we definitely need to buy, but I don't think it's a wholesale change deal just yet.

Given and Harper are both very good 'keepers, Taylor, Faye and Beye look good enough for the club. Not sure about Enrique though as he doesn't seem to be able to get a game despite the poor performances of the players who've operated in his favoured position so far (Charlie has done his best but he's NOT a Left back).

Milner, N'Zogbia and Duff are good enough wingers.

Martins, Viduka and Owen are good strikers.

we need (imo); another Center half, one of genuine quality and experience no matter the cost,

at least two central midfielders, one creative, the other a player who can control the game without lunging into late tackles.

If we spent big on those three positions I'd be content, even if this following season we still managed only to attain mid-table position.

I think it's all been said, but I'd like to add on a presonal level that I hope the fuckers who fought amongst themselves and the scum who threw stuff at the Man U players after one of the goals promptly fuck off and never come back.

At least today's results went our way.

That's very true but if we lose our next game and Wigan + Blunderland + Bolton win theirs we'll more than likely slide down the table to 16th place.

Reading is 3rd from the bottom and only 6 points behind us, things are looking dodgy.

We have to ditch those two in the centre of midfield. Niether of them can pass a ball to save their lives. Butt starrted the season quite well but now he's back to the standard he was in his first season here. Barton was a better player when he was injured. It's possible he may still be because he can't do a single thing right.

Baring in mind that Emre can't stay fit for more than two games I would go with Geremi and N'Zogbia in the centre of the park. N'Zogbia is about our only hope of creating anything and Geremi's legs may have gone but at least he can pass a ball.

Can't for the life of me understand why Enrique's not getting a game and I hope Viduka get's fit soon because only him and Owen look like any sort of goal threat at all.

The Blackburn game is an absolute must win now. We can't go into the Birmingham away game on the back of no wins in 12 because our confidence is that fucking low to begin with if it keeps dropping we will end up losing to the likes of Fulham & the makems and then we will be propper fucked.

We have to ditch those two in the centre of midfield. Niether of them can pass a ball to save their lives. Butt starrted the season quite well but now he's back to the standard he was in his first season here. Barton was a better player when he was injured. It's possible he may still be because he can't do a single thing right.

I know it's bordering on blasphemy, but if Keegan again starts Butt and Barton in the centre against Blackburn, you will have to question his sanity. Barton not only has no confidence whatsoever, he seems to have forgotten he's a professional footballer altogether.

Edited by Bombadil

I think it's all been said, but I'd like to add on a presonal level that I hope the fuckers who fought amongst themselves and the scum who threw stuff at the Man U players after one of the goals promptly fuck off and never come back.

:hiya:

We have very little chance of beating Blackburn, relegation is a possibility we have to beat the Fulhams of this world Blackburn have too much quality/creativity in attack (Bentley, Macarthy, Santa Cruz) and we will not stop them scoring.

I know it's bordering on blasphemy, but if Keegan again starts Butt and Barton in the centre against Blackburn, you will have to question his sanity. Barton not only has no confidence whatsoever, he seems to have forgotten he's a professional footballer altogether.

I know that football fans always claim to know best and all think we could easilly manage a team better than people emplyed to do so...but there are times when basically 100% of the fans can see something and yet the manager (or managers) seem oblivious to it. And this is one of those times where we cannot continue to play central midfielders who can't pass to a teammate if more than 2 yards away! We create about 2 real chances a game max these days if we're lucky and continually surrender possession leading to goals flying in at our end.

Edited by Papa Lazaru