50 million... who would you buy?

Scottish Mag

£50m is nowhere near enough. The windfalls all clubs will get and major backers some clubs have means that to catch up it needs to be a lot more IMO.

I think it needs to be nearer £100m which won't happen of course!

£50 will just be enough to get us top half if spent well. Would obviously need to be supplimented with sales.

In:

-

Left back depending on whatever is up with Enrique

Centre back

-

SWP if possible.

Another midfielder with pace & creativity

Holding midfielder

-

Striker

=

Out :

Any of :

Rozehnal

Carr

Butt

Barton

Smith

Geremi

Viduka

=

To be honest though, there's very few players who I care less if they are still here. Faye, Beye, (a fit)Given, (a fit)Owen. N'Zogbia if he cheers up a bit.

Kadula 3.5m he must be good if Juventus have been tracking him for so long, the new Nedved?

Richard Dunne free

Wes Brown free give him 80s class DEFENDER, he doesn't fuck about thinking he's Beckenbauer, he defends

Asamoah Gyan fuck knows how much he'd cost but he's been class every time I've seen him

Luka Modric 20m - everyone will be after him but if we get in first you never know

Hard to give names when the job is so big and we don't know what league we will be playing in next season, but I would say a whole new midfield, at least 2 new strikers and at least 3 defenders, oh and a new keeper while we are at it.

Hard to give names when the job is so big and we don't know what league we will be playing in next season, but I would say a whole new midfield, at least 2 new strikers and at least 3 defenders, oh and a new keeper while we are at it.

Can we get fries and a physio with that to go please?

The way it is going it's starting to look like we'll need a whole new eleven these players are getting embarrassed every weekend yet still think they are great. We should start looking at some of the youth you never know they might come off and might be able to get a place in the team for next season, at least it would be less players to buy.

I agree with Asprilla btw I don't see £50m being enough especially with all that new TV money coming in, I'm also starting to wonder about Ashley's commitment yes he cleared the debt but that simply made us more sell-able, I just hope if he wants to sell he does it soon so someone else can come in and give KK funds and if he doesn't want to sell then he actually backs his manager in the transfer market.

For £50m to be enough we'd have to bring in 5 £10m players who all turn out to be top class because as a minimum we need a new centre half, a new right winger, two central midfielders and striker. I don't have a fucking clue who though and when you see the likes of Chopra go for £5m and Darren Bent go for £16 it shows you just how difficult the job would be.

I still think that just a couple of players actually are needed to make a big difference. Especially an attacking flair player. So I'd spunk the majority of the money on this position. Preferably Modric. I've seen him twice in the matches against Bremen and Hamburg where you could see him in comparison to Diego and van der Vaart. He'll cost big money (20-25m I guess) but be worth every penny imho. Add to it a composed defensive midfielder with some passing ability (I'd go for Kehl from Dortmund whose contract is running out), an organising central defender and a left back.

I still think that just a couple of players actually are needed to make a big difference. Especially an attacking flair player. So I'd spunk the majority of the money on this position. Preferably Modric. I've seen him twice in the matches against Bremen and Hamburg where you could see him in comparison to Diego and van der Vaart. He'll cost big money (20-25m I guess) but be worth every penny imho. Add to it a composed defensive midfielder with some passing ability (I'd go for Kehl from Dortmund whose contract is running out), an organising central defender and a left back.

Agree totally - modric is excellent and i would ally him with a player like Arshavin on the right - and as you say a couple of decent buys or frees in the centre mid, CD and LB area and it would be a hell of a start - after all take gerrard and torres out of the liverpool side and what you are left with is pretty average

Who would come to us in our current circumstance? Nobody from the likes of Everton/Liverpool/Utd/Spurs would be interested.

£50m is nowhere near enough. This needs to be around £75m mark and even then we are taking that on the premise that we can actually attract players in.

For the remainder of the season, I would be looking to give the youth more of a run in the side. When the chips were down with Roeder, they pushed us into a top half position and at least had some fire in their bellies. The senior players at the moment are an absolute disgrace to the shirt and dont seem interested in putting the effort in. Theyve earned their money regardless.

Guest Patrokles

We don't need to spend mega-bucks. We just need to be as astute as possible. Look at the shite we've spent far too much on in recent times.

We don't need to spend mega-bucks. We just need to be as astute as possible. Look at the shite we've spent far too much on in recent times.

Hopefully the young lads we brought in (Zamblera, Kadar and Tozer) are the tip of the iceberg, Wise in his new role should bring a brand new scouting system to Newcastle, so we no longer rely on Gobshite telling us that this player is amazing, simply to line his own sodding pocket.

As has been said who we/Keegan want and who can be talked into coming will be interesting to see.

I think and hope what keegan will try to do is very early on make as big a signing as he can as a statement to other people out there that we/he means business and hopefully that will attract others to join.

But we have the big problem that loads of clubs now have cash to burn and many of them will be in europe. Also we have to hope KK can supplement what he's given by getting some people out the club, like Sir Bobby did when he took over.

I'd definitely want an attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder, a centrehalve and another striker as priorities, but there are many posotions we could improve in lets be honest!

As for strikers. I'm just listening to the Stuttgart cup game on the radio. Throwing in a bit of national bias I'd like us to go for Mario Gomez from Stuttgart. 23 goals in the last 24 matches. Quite an amazing record for German football. Even better than Toni's. He's only 22 and been brilliant for two seasons now. Only a matter of time until the big clubs are seriously looking at signing him (Juve already enquired last summer).

As for strikers. I'm just listening to the Stuttgart cup game on the radio. Throwing in a bit of national bias I'd like us to go for Mario Gomez from Stuttgart. 23 goals in the last 24 matches. Quite an amazing record for German football. Even better than Toni's. He's only 22 and been brilliant for two seasons now. Only a matter of time until the big clubs are seriously looking at signing him (Juve already enquired last summer).

Can you compile a dosier.....

I know this a bad source for referring too but after reading in this weeks nuts magazine (i was bored) we have the smallest teams in the premier league and this is not helping us as either an attacking or defending unit. So we really need some height injected into the team (im not thinking crouch, all though wouldnt mind too much) but it you look at what carew done to us a couple of weeks ago at villa it shows we have nobody to deal with that sort of threat or to cause a similar type of threat themselves. I would also say the crossing ability seriously needs to be worked on if that is to be the case as no use having a 6 footer if the crosses go no where near them.

£50m is absolutely peanuts. Remember KK spent £50m at Man City the year they got promoted and they came 9th. The quality of our squad now and Man City's the year they were in the Championship before they got promoted bears a strinking resemblence.

£50m would be needed on our midfield alone, and that's minimum. But then you need to look at our defenders, strikers (of which we need to replace a minimum of two) and maybe a gk if Shay cannot overcome his chronic groin problem.

Splash the cash Ash...

Almost the same as I posted in Parky's "Summer fun"-thread, but here it comes :hiya:

IN (10):

Scott Carson (Liverpool - £8m), Darijo Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk - £4m), Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich - £4m), Arthur Boka (Stuttgart - £5m), David Bentley (Blackburn - £12m), Michael Carrick (Man United - £12m), Esteban Granero (Real Madrid - £7m), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian - £2m), Forward 1 (£9m), Forward 2 (£14m).

IF N’Zogbia (£8-10m) wants out: Aiden McGeady (Celtic - £8-10m) or Diego Capel (Sevilla - £10m).

First XI

GK: Scott Carson

DR: Darijo Srna

DC: Habib Beye

DC: Daniel Van Buyten

DL: Arthur Boka

MR: David Bentley

MC: Michael Carrick

MC: Esteban Granero

ML: Charles N'Zogbia

FW1: Asamoah Gyan (Udinese - £9m)/ Óscar Cardozo (Benfica - £9m)/ Danny Koevermans (PSV - £9m)/ Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal - £9m)

FW2: Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam - £14m)/ Diego Milito (Real Zaragoza - £14m)/ Mario Gomez (Stuttgart - £14m)

+ Squad:

GK: Krul, Harper

DC/DR/DL: Faye, Taylor, Edgar, Enrique, Kadar, Tozer

MC/MR/ML: Emre, Barton, Geremi, Milner, Duff, Lua-Lua

FW: Fletcher, Carroll, Zamblera

OUT (10):

Martins - £10-12m, Owen - £6-8m, Smith - £4m, Given - £6-8m, Rozehnal - £2m, Ameobi - £2-3m, Viduka - £2m, Cacapa - £500k, Butt - £500k.

Total (transfers in (£70-75m) - transfers out (£35-40m)): £35-40m

Edited by janu