Smith issues rallying cry

Jimbo

Newcastle United striker Alan Smith has urged his team-mates to start showing their mettle after Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Blackburn.

The Magpies are without a win in seven games and now sit just three points clear of the relegation zone.

Smith told BBC Radio Newcastle: "It is a time where we have to stand up and be counted, go out in front of 52,000 people and prove our worth.

"We've got to show to everyone that we want to fight for the cause."

The 27-year-old has already experienced relegation during his career, with Leeds United in 2004, and is aware of how quickly Newcastle could be sucked in if results do not improve.

He said: "It's getting tight but you always knew it would do. We looked at our home games as ones that were winnable, and one was against Blackburn.

"We've deserved criticism on occasions this season and we're all big enough to accept that.

"It's up to us as a team, as players, and as people to sort that out."

Guest BigThompers
OMG IT IS SO HIS FAULT. HOW LONG SINCE HE SCORED. FUCKING PRICK. HOPE HE FUCKING DIES. [/wacky jnr]

240 BHP...read it and weep smithy

I imagine a pushbike has zero BHP does it, squire?

I thought Smith played very well on Saturday and he was unlucky not to score.

Surely Im not the only one who thinks the complete opposite of this statement?

I thought he was wank and a not the good type of wank, you know, the sort when you've been without for ages and finally get a spare half hour with a pirate copy of Jennas Juggs IV but the really bad, 3 in the morning, beer wearing off and you're with an ugly bird and you cant get it up so need to crack one off just to get out of there kind of wank.

<_<

I thought Smith played very well on Saturday and he was unlucky not to score.

Surely Im not the only one who thinks the complete opposite of this statement?

I thought he was wank and a not the good type of wank, you know, the sort when you've been without for ages and finally get a spare half hour with a pirate copy of Jennas Juggs IV but the really bad, 3 in the morning, beer wearing off and you're with an ugly bird and you cant get it up so need to crack one off just to get out of there kind of wank.

:nufc:

I didn't think he did too bad and was more of a goal threat (with his two efforts) than he has been for the rest of the season. Had Owen put his chances away then I think most would have been pretty happy with the support role that Smith played. That said I think we will be much more of a threat with Martins up there with Owen.

Can't fault the lads effort but loads of shit players put effort in and it's simply not enough at this level.

how can he come out with crap like that when he hasn't scored a goal this season? i wouldn't be shouting my mouth off if i had his goal record for us