The official Liverpool Vs Newcastle United Arse-raping thread

Jimbo

Good God there are some right Mary's on here. We lose and are outclassed at Anfield and people are acting like that's a shock.. acting like we've lost away to Derby....

FFS if Barnsley can do it and that pub team before them nearly, then why can't we aim for a result there? doing well up until that fluke of a goal I had hope for a draw, accepting defeat and fearing them before we even get to Anfield is no wonder!

Necastle would have folded in the 2nd half anyway, remember Villa when you was winning 1-0 talking about flukes, M O hasnt had an injury for a few weeks, now thats flukey

He's never seen enough of the ball to actually be tackled in 12 games.

:lol:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't looked like there's been any sort of improvement since Keegan took over but looking at the players available yesterday I really don't think there's a whole lot I would have done different (apart from dropping Smith). I know I'm not saying anything new here but Keegan inherited a shite setup and tough fixture list, while there's been little improvement I don't think we've got any worse either. We simply have a squad full of shite players and what is even more worrying is that most of them don't look like they're playing for their futures because they fucking well should me.

I'm still fairly sure that relegation won't be a problem, unfortunately it looks like most of our players feel the same. If we get this season over us I think Keegan will be making huge changes in the summer and only after a full pre-season will be begin to see the effects of his input.

I'm honestly not sure if any of the current squad would be in anything approaching an ideal 1st team for Keegan next year (previously I'd have thought at least 3-4 would be), and a lot I'm not sure he'd want as second or even third back up players.

Even previous shoe ins like Given aren't really that any more (although for other reasons than just basically being :lol: ).

We haven't looked like there's been any sort of improvement since Keegan took over but looking at the players available yesterday I really don't think there's a whole lot I would have done different (apart from dropping Smith). I know I'm not saying anything new here but Keegan inherited a shite setup and tough fixture list, while there's been little improvement I don't think we've got any worse either. We simply have a squad full of shite players and what is even more worrying is that most of them don't look like they're playing for their futures because they fucking well should me.

I'm still fairly sure that relegation won't be a problem, unfortunately it looks like most of our players feel the same. If we get this season over us I think Keegan will be making huge changes in the summer and only after a full pre-season will be begin to see the effects of his input.

I'm honestly not sure if any of the current squad would be in anything approaching an ideal 1st team for Keegan next year (previously I'd have thought at least 3-4 would be), and a lot I'm not sure he'd want as second or even third back up players.

Even previous shoe ins like Given aren't really that any more (although for other reasons than just basically being :lol: ).

Is that a bit like a 'shoo in' btw? :D

Nope, much more certain than one of those. :icon_lol:

To err is human Fop. Just accept it for once. :icon_lol:

Is that a bit like a 'shoo in' btw? :icon_lol:

To err is human Fop. Just accept it for once. :icon_lol:

I would but it's clearly the Iri(gli)sh spelling. :D:icon_lol:

Evening all... finally made it back from Merseyside and thought I'd have a shifty at what's being said about the match...

Dunno which game Sima was watching, but it certainly wasn't the same Liverpool v Newcastle match I was sat in the ground watching. Liverpool were worth the win, undoubtedly but 3-0 flattered them without a doubt. Considering the only other competitive match I've seen this season was the home match against Liverpool, it's easy to compare how we've changed as a team since the last meeting..... we're a million times better!

Our backline was as flakey as ever and KK surely has to spend serious money on that in the summer. The number of times we were undone by square balls was untrue and it was only a matter of time before they did score. As for the goals:

1. Pennant's - totally freak goal, can't blame Enrique for it. Left footed player trying to clear the ball out of the area without conceeding a corner. Just one of them things sadly.

2. Torres' - world class goal. Our defence was foun wanting again but even when he got the ball there was plenty to do. The drop-shoulder dummy he sold Harper was sublime and guaranteed the ball would end up in the back of the net.

3. Gerrard's - This is the goal I do blame Enrique for. The ball broke free just inside our half and had they both run for it, it'd have been a 50:50 between Torres and Enique. Only our LB decided to stand still... The outcome was inevitable - great goal but frustrating to conceed.

As for the players:

Harper - not to blame for any of the goals and if it hadn't been for some good saves in the second half, we could have been looking at 4 or 5-0

Beye - very quiet throughout the whole match. Not as effective as I expected him to be.

Enrique - can't blame him for the 1st goal but never-the-less, he falls way short of the mark. Best thing he did all match was punt a long ball for Martins to chase. Like a bull in a china shop, you know when a player takes him on, he'll either be beaten or he'll foul them.

Faye - Fairly solid - seems assured in his position and reads the game well.

Taylor - Headless chicken who seems to think he's the captain. Screaming instructions at everyone none of whom pay any attention to him. He'd be better of concentrating on his own game as it falls way short of the standard.

Milner - Our best player by a country mile until he got injured. Shame...

Butt - Seemed solid enough - let down by those around him really.

N'Zogbia - Great talent who I fear will not be an NUFC player much longer. Never gave up throughout.

Duff - Asleep most of the game - was being fed some great balls by N'Zogbia early on but Duff was 3 yards behind in his thinking every single time!! Should have been replaced by Martins much earlier

Smith - Amazed there was no yellow card but then you have to do something to warrant it! He was nowhere to be seen for most of the match although to his credit, was responsible for clearing a number of Liverpool corners in the 2nd half. Be OK if he was supposed to be a defender!

Owen - the speed may have gone but the hunger is still there. Streets ahead of anyone else in his thinking, shame he was left to fight the first half on his own.

Geremi - Did OK when he came on - nothing spectacular though - just seemed to keep it together.

Martins - If this bloke doesn't start the next game alongside Owen in a 4-4-2 then something is sadly wrong. His speed is immense and was someone the Liverpool players were respecting. The 40 yard volley was amazing - even the kop were applauding that one.

Overall, this isn't going to be fixed overnight and KK is using the very same players Sam did..... but we're a whole lot better as a team than we were. We played well against Blackburn and IMO, we didn't disgrace ourselves yesterday.

The biggest difference I did notice from the game back in November was how we reacted. Back then we collapsed and our heads dropped pretty much when the second goal went in.... Yesterday the players kept at it and did make a game of it. 2-0 would have been a fairer result and how would we have been all reacting if Martins' volley had gone in?

Guest Stevie
Evening all... finally made it back from Merseyside and thought I'd have a shifty at what's being said about the match...

Dunno which game Sima was watching, but it certainly wasn't the same Liverpool v Newcastle match I was sat in the ground watching. Liverpool were worth the win, undoubtedly but 3-0 flattered them without a doubt. Considering the only other competitive match I've seen this season was the home match against Liverpool, it's easy to compare how we've changed as a team since the last meeting..... we're a million times better!

Our backline was as flakey as ever and KK surely has to spend serious money on that in the summer. The number of times we were undone by square balls was untrue and it was only a matter of time before they did score. As for the goals:

1. Pennant's - totally freak goal, can't blame Enrique for it. Left footed player trying to clear the ball out of the area without conceeding a corner. Just one of them things sadly.

2. Torres' - world class goal. Our defence was foun wanting again but even when he got the ball there was plenty to do. The drop-shoulder dummy he sold Harper was sublime and guaranteed the ball would end up in the back of the net.

3. Gerrard's - This is the goal I do blame Enrique for. The ball broke free just inside our half and had they both run for it, it'd have been a 50:50 between Torres and Enique. Only our LB decided to stand still... The outcome was inevitable - great goal but frustrating to conceed.

As for the players:

Harper - not to blame for any of the goals and if it hadn't been for some good saves in the second half, we could have been looking at 4 or 5-0

Beye - very quiet throughout the whole match. Not as effective as I expected him to be.

Enrique - can't blame him for the 1st goal but never-the-less, he falls way short of the mark. Best thing he did all match was punt a long ball for Martins to chase. Like a bull in a china shop, you know when a player takes him on, he'll either be beaten or he'll foul them.

Faye - Fairly solid - seems assured in his position and reads the game well.

Taylor - Headless chicken who seems to think he's the captain. Screaming instructions at everyone none of whom pay any attention to him. He'd be better of concentrating on his own game as it falls way short of the standard.

Milner - Our best player by a country mile until he got injured. Shame...

Butt - Seemed solid enough - let down by those around him really.

N'Zogbia - Great talent who I fear will not be an NUFC player much longer. Never gave up throughout.

Duff - Asleep most of the game - was being fed some great balls by N'Zogbia early on but Duff was 3 yards behind in his thinking every single time!! Should have been replaced by Martins much earlier

Smith - Amazed there was no yellow card but then you have to do something to warrant it! He was nowhere to be seen for most of the match although to his credit, was responsible for clearing a number of Liverpool corners in the 2nd half. Be OK if he was supposed to be a defender!

Owen - the speed may have gone but the hunger is still there. Streets ahead of anyone else in his thinking, shame he was left to fight the first half on his own.

Geremi - Did OK when he came on - nothing spectacular though - just seemed to keep it together.

Martins - If this bloke doesn't start the next game alongside Owen in a 4-4-2 then something is sadly wrong. His speed is immense and was someone the Liverpool players were respecting. The 40 yard volley was amazing - even the kop were applauding that one.

Overall, this isn't going to be fixed overnight and KK is using the very same players Sam did..... but we're a whole lot better as a team than we were. We played well against Blackburn and IMO, we didn't disgrace ourselves yesterday.

The biggest difference I did notice from the game back in November was how we reacted. Back then we collapsed and our heads dropped pretty much when the second goal went in.... Yesterday the players kept at it and did make a game of it. 2-0 would have been a fairer result and how would we have been all reacting if Martins' volley had gone in?

The kid is a proven certified arsehole of the highest order, I don't even know why you bothered putting that.

Anyway the dippers match report....

Liverpool 3 Newcastle 0 (Echo)Mar 10 2008

by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

TOM HICKS and George Gillett may be the most ill-starred pairing since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, but at least there is one partnership at Anfield which looks like a marriage made in heaven.

While the two Americans head to the divorce courts, the relationship between Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres is growing stronger with every passing week.

A forlorn Kevin Keegan could only look on in admiration as the latest in a long line of Liverpool dream pairings tore his shambolic side to shreds.

In his Anfield heyday, Keegan once took part in a TV experiment to “prove” that he and strike partner John Toshack were telepathic so the sight of two players dressed in red sharing the same wavelength must have come as no surprise to him.

Gerrard and Torres may not be able to read each other’s minds but they are starting to give the impression that they can and the best bit is there seems precious little that anyone can do to halt their double act.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Having picked up just two points in the league since the start of 2008, it was hardly a surprise that Newcastle were unable to cope with them, but the understanding the dynamic duo are currently enjoying is enough to suggest that much better sides than the Geordies will struggle to cope with them.

For 10 minutes either side of half-time, Gerrard and Torres were irresistible and it was during this spell that Liverpool punished their much inferior opponents with the kind of ruthless efficiency which has underlined their recent return to form.

True, their first goal did come courtesy of a slice of luck so huge that it made one cheeky fan ask Jermaine Pennant for his lottery numbers as he left the stadium, but after that Liverpool were in full flow until they had the game won, at which point they went into cruise control to try and save some perspiration and inspiration for Inter Milan.

The Italians will pose an altogether tougher test of course and it wouldn’t be too far removed from the truth to suggest that the only thing they have in common with Newcastle is stripes.

But the good thing about playing the side that Big Sam built just days before one of the biggest matches of the season is it gave Liverpool an opportunity to work on a few elements of their game without fear of coming unstuck.

It also allowed Rafa Benitez to offer a complete rest to Ryan Babel and withdraw Torres and Gerrard from the fray with plenty of time still remaining.

The gulf in class between the two sides is now so huge that it was hard to believe that it was only a little over a decade since Keegan last brought a Newcastle side to Anfield as title challengers and the two teams produced one of the greatest games of all time.

If Michael Owen is not wondering what he has got himself into, he should be.

Poor career decisions and a succession of injuries mean one of the finest goalscorers this country has ever produced is now plying his trade with a team which quite simply does not deserve him.

He must have winced every time Torres was fed by one of his team-mates while he was starved of anything remotely resembling decent service.

None more so than when Gerrard produced the kind of defence splitting through ball he used to thrive on – only this time it was Torres on the receiving end.

Like Owen in his teenage pomp, the Spaniard needs no second invitation when opportunities like this arrive at his feet and the way he took the chance, with a neat finish following a dummy reminiscent of one of Pele’s greatest moments, showed just how high his confidence is at the moment.

Benitez admitted that he had considered bringing Owen back to Anfield last summer only to opt for Torres because he offered a greater threat outside the box.

As if to hammer home that particular point, Torres then returned the favour for Gerrard with a rampaging run through the heart of the visitors’ paper thin defence before delivering a perfect pass for his skipper to apply the coup de grace.

That third and final goal came just eight minutes after Liverpool’s first and it was lucky for Newcastle that the Reds have a major Champions League game on the horizon otherwise they might have been on the wrong end of a cricket score.

As it was, Liverpool declared at three and saw the rest of the game out with the kind of ease which only comes when you are totally confident in your own ability and in your opponents’ inability.

All the Newcastle fans could do was chant “USA” in a doomed attempt to rile their crowing counterparts on the Kop. But given the abject way their club has been run for the last decade it was tempting to believe that this was actually a cry for help.

In his post-match press conference, Benitez said he had enjoyed a “perfect” day and he wasn’t wrong.

But what he could have added is that it was the perfect ending to the perfect week.

With three wins in seven days, scoring 10 goals and conceding just one in the process, and having taken fourth place from their local rivals means Liverpool have just enjoyed the kind of week that Carlsberg adverts are made of.

The Reds now travel to Milan in the finest of fettles and should they emerge from that scrape unscathed they could be on their way to salvaging a season which looked to be heading for the scrapheap less than a month ago.

With Gerrard and Torres in tandem it is questionable if anyone would relish facing Liverpool at the moment.

Fourth place is the minimum acceptable requirement for a club of Liverpool’s size but, in this form, there could be a real prize on the horizon.

The bit in bold is hilarious, they created basically fuck all till one of the spawniest goals I've ever seen. Torres dived, some cunt else dived and that was it, one half chance clawed away by Harper. This was against a team with a minus 26 goal difference, who haven't won since mid December, who haven't scored two goals in a league game since we played Derby, and these are creaming themselves. Liverpool were fuck all, a decent side with a bit of ambition could've easily turned them over. Unfortunately we are a million miles away from being a decent side, but if this is Liverpool is scintilating form, I dread to think what's in store for them if they have an average game in the Champions League.

Edited by Stevie

The whole article is a load of shit.

Poor career decisions and a succession of injuries mean one of the finest goalscorers this country has ever produced is now plying his trade with a team which quite simply does not deserve him.

Bollocks.

I have no time for Inter, but I hope they stuff the oh-so-mighty Liverpool.

Edited by Bombadil

Guest Stevie
I bet the same bloke reckons Owen isn't good enough for Liverpool.

...and people wonder why I don't like Liverpool Football Club.

As I shouted over the divide on Saturday FUCK OFF BACK TO NORWAY. I can't put in to words what an utter cuntish club they are, abdolutely everything about them, I have infinitely more time for Everton, despite what their fans say about us, at least their fans are all scousers.

Yes, having fans from outside the area is against reason and against God. :lol:

Fucking numpties, you want a lercal club then play 11 Geordies and enjoy the Why-aye man, Ryman league or whatever it's called these days.

Guest Stevie
We pulled into a service station on the way there on Saturday and there were nearly as many Liverpool coaches full of 'fans' than us lot. Jesus wept tbh.

When I got to the Central Station at 820 hand on heart there were more Liverpool fans milling about than toon. Honestly as well. Fucking jokers. They seemed to revel in us heading to oblivion as well, their loudest chant was "going down" even those wanks to the right in the main stand, were jumping up and down singing it. Our day will come.

Totally unscientific, but there was 44,000 there on Saturday, 3,008 fans, I reckon at least 10,000 of their crowd aren't from Merseyside, leaving 30,000 scousers absolute tops, and that's being optimistic. There was more Irish than geordies there.

Edited by Stevie

We pulled into a service station on the way there on Saturday and there were nearly as many Liverpool coaches full of 'fans' than us lot. Jesus wept tbh.

When I got to the Central Station at 820 hand on heart there were more Liverpool fans milling about than toon. Honestly as well. Fucking jokers. They seemed to revel in us heading to oblivion as well, their loudest chant was "going down" even those wanks to the right in the main stand, were jumping up and down singing it. Our day will come.

Its hard to bear at times when its every fucker and their uncle having a go - but as you say mate every dog an all that

Never a truer word said tbh, we dont deserve him. We deserve a player whos going to score us at least a few goals and have a go at keeping us up.

Its hard to bear at times when its every fucker and their uncle having a go - but as you say mate every dog an all that

please remember scousers are just irish navvies that have had LOBOTOMIES the pool twoc center of the uk

tbf we've became so much of an easy target this season every set of fans has carte blanche.

If what had happened here had happened to someone like Spurs or Everton we'd all be pissing ourselves laughing as well.