The 2008 Champions League 1/4s & 1/2s

Park Life

Leaving Deco on was also nearly criminal. He didn't have a clue. Totally past his prime.

Rikjaard surely not to last much longer now.

Quite right.

Part of the problem is they've got a lot of midfield fiddlers and only really one great striker in Eto'o. If he doesn't fire then they have trouble...Henry and Gudj looked like rabbits in headlights when they came on.

Deco was there best midfielder tonight, and Eto'o's decision making was shocking, as was his first touch.

It was clear they had to get Eto'o off, but perhaps they left Deco on too long. I'd rather have got Henry (looks well irritated these days) or Gudj on earlier. As Barca started to tire the pass and move would become harder to impose perhaps needing one or two normal sized footballers up front. ;)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that means that one of Man Utd, Liverpool, or Chelsea will definitely be European Champions this year then. Great. :razz:

third choice would be gouging my own eyes out then never speaking of football again, with the scousers winning it being a distant fourth.

;) I never would have guessed.

God I hope it's Man Utd, I can't stick the other two... well, I can't really stick any of the three but Man Utd are the least distasteful out of the three and I reckon they've played the best out of them as well.

Me too. Not sure if I could stomach them winning the league as well though. But then I really hate Chelsea. Oh, it's just a bloody nightmare isn't it?

:D<_<;):) :) :D:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Iniesta looked 3 or 4 times the player Deco is and Xavi was better than him as well. Just because he actually took a couple of shots unlike the rest of their players doesn't mean he was their best performer. His shots weren't close and he looked past it with a number of poor passes and touches.

No thanks. Petulant little bastard too.

Don't know why he keeps bringing little Bojan on who has zero impact in these high intensity affairs.

Oh well, at least now we won't have to put up with ITV commentators not knowing how most of the rest of Europe pronounces the letter "j".

Excellent game I thought. Man Utd just about deserved it too. Always great to see Messi in action as well and I thought Tevez was excellent with not a lot of service for Man Utd. C. Ronaldo was very disappointing.

Excellent game I thought. Man Utd just about deserved it too. Always great to see Messi in action as well and I thought Tevez was excellent with not a lot of service for Man Utd. C. Ronaldo was very disappointing.

I thought Ronaldo was going to lose it near the end after he was booked and get himself suspended for the final. That would have been... gratifying.

What annoys me about Cristiano is the way he goes on when he gets tackled, that look of "how dare they do this to me" as he just stands there waving his arms about or holding his hips.

I thought Ronaldo was going to lose it near the end after he was booked and get himself suspended for the final. That would have been... gratifying.

On the plus side, Rod Liddle's ST column looks even more bitter and ridiculous now. What an absolute travesty him filling in for Hugh McIlvaney. Ronaldo probably should have got a 2nd yellow for a blatant dive late on though. The ref was very good in general having said that.

On the plus side, Rod Liddle's ST column looks even more bitter and ridiculous now. What an absolute travesty him filling in for Hugh McIlvaney. Ronaldo probably should have got a 2nd yellow for a blatant dive late on though. The ref was very good in general having said that.

Yup.

Don't know why he keeps bringing little Bojan on who has zero impact in these high intensity affairs.

Oh well, at least now we won't have to put up with ITV commentators not knowing how most of the rest of Europe pronounces the letter "j".

I didn't see the match, did they call him Bo-jan or Bo-yan? Given his Serb ancestry the latter is correct IMO.

Also, last night my housemate said that he wanted Liverpool to win. He doesn't really understand football, gonna have to sit him down and talk to him about the facts of life.

Edited by luckyluke

I was working throughout the match (till 11.30 ffs) but i'l probably catch some highlights at somepoint.

Cant see Liverpool winning tonight.

I was working throughout the match (till 11.30 ffs) but i'l probably catch some highlights at somepoint.

Cant see Liverpool winning tonight.

"European nights?"

"European magic in the air?"

"Liverpool just have something in Europe?"

...how I would love them to get thrashed.

Would like Liverpool to win to see them get bummed in the final. Although, I think this country's reputation wouldn't do very well after the Man U and Liverpool fans go head to head in Moscow, not to mention the wallpushers' "opportunism" last year.

Would like Liverpool to win to see them get bummed in the final. Although, I think this country's reputation wouldn't do very well after the Man U and Liverpool fans go head to head in Moscow, not to mention the wallpushers' "opportunism" last year.

I was going to say. Scally fans + Russian police = fun fun fun!

....actually, fuck the English reputation, bring it on. ;)

i think a chelsea/man u final would set up an intriguing end to the season - probably the most interesting title race since the year blackburn won it.

plus i couldn't bear it if liverpool won it again. (not least from my plastic reds supporting older brother). and can you imagine the number of fights kicking off over there if they met in the final?

I was going to say. Scally fans + Russian police = fun fun fun!

....actually, fuck the English reputation, bring it on. ;)

There are some pretty tasty crews in Moskova looking forward to whoever comes tbh. :razz:

There are some pretty tasty crews in Moskova looking forward to whoever comes tbh. ;)

I realise the finals have to be spread around the continent in this day and age, but let's be honest, nobody really wants to go to Moscow unless they absolutely have to.

There are some pretty tasty crews in Moskova looking forward to whoever comes tbh. ;)

I realise the finals have to be spread around the continent in this day and age, but let's be honest, nobody really wants to go to Moscow unless they absolutely have to.

Agreed.

I've been invited a couple of times but avoided it. St Petersburg is quite charming apparently.

Yeh there is no point in having it in Moscow now.

Someone needs to do something about it.

uefa said before the game yesterday that because of the money and work that's gone into the stadium in russia that they wouldn't move the final

Yeh there is no point in having it in Moscow now.

Someone needs to do something about it.

uefa said before the game yesterday that because of the money and work that's gone into the stadium in russia that they wouldn't move the final

Still an awful shame though.