New music

Toonraider

Aye, aye!  The Late review team are in.

Franz Fedinand have taken  the pop rock template and made some great songs by following it, like most chart rock these days!  They're not shit, just not particularly cutting edge.

The people who loved their first album a month before it came out are the ones who now call them shit.  It's the same musical snobbery that Coldplay also suffer from.

39508[/snapback]

I think they're shit, you're entitled to your own opinion obviously. Coldplay are shit too IMO ;)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who loved their first album a month before it came out are the ones who now call them shit.

39508[/snapback]

And the people who called them shit then are the people who still call them shit now. ;)

Everyone draws influence from the 80s nowadays.  Most bands nowadays sound very Gang of Four.

39439[/snapback]

Interpol = echo and the bunnymen

the killers = tears for fears (the hurting not the big wheel shite)

kaiser chiefs = wish they were the specials/mighty mighty bosstones/the jam

brmc = jmc (even down to the fact their 3rd album is quieter and more acoustic!)

etc, etc.

39461[/snapback]

When my daughter played their cd, I said it sounded just like early 80's new wave type of stuff. Must be why I liked it.

Aye, aye!  The Late review team are in.

Franz Fedinand have taken  the pop rock template and made some great songs by following it, like most chart rock these days!  They're not shit, just not particularly cutting edge.

The people who loved their first album a month before it came out are the ones who now call them shit.  It's the same musical snobbery that Coldplay also suffer from.

39508[/snapback]

I've been calling them Busted for 20-somethings since I first heard them mate. So there. ;)

Thing is, because they're not particularly popular over here, I'd only ever heard their music before. The first time I actually saw them was when I caught their new video in the UK recently, and by god I want to hurt them.

(Also, the fact that every message says "edited" even when you just go back to quickly change an adjective into an adverb before anyone else replies to the thread really makes me want to hurt things. I think I may have issues. ;))

Edited by Meenzer

Cheeky little chimp Robbie (is he or isn't he) Williams has an album, out soon too. Let's hope any singles from it shoot to number 1 and take up residency on our TV and Radio before he makes a witty speech at an awards show and has a cry on ITV about how lonely he is, oblivious to the fact that the reason is he's a twat.

[/sarcasm]

Cheeky little chimp Robbie (is he or isn't he) Williams has an album, out soon too.  Let's hope any singles from it shoot to number 1 and take up residency on our TV and Radio before he makes a witty speech at an awards show and has a cry on ITV about how lonely he is, oblivious to the fact that the reason is he's blatantly gay but can't admit it for fear of jettisoning his career.

39547[/snapback]

;)

Cheeky little chimp Robbie (is he or isn't he) Williams has an album, out soon too.  Let's hope any singles from it shoot to number 1 and take up residency on our TV and Radio before he makes a witty speech at an awards show and has a cry on ITV about how lonely he is, oblivious to the fact that the reason is he's blatantly gay but can't admit it for fear of jettisoning his career.

39547[/snapback]

;)

39561[/snapback]

My Wifes haidresser (hairdresser frrom Brighton for the slow amongst you) has a particularly entertaining and eye watering anecdote about Robbie and Dermot OLeary in the private room at Rage, a local club.

39547[/snapback]

:dork:

39561[/snapback]

My Wifes haidresser (hairdresser frrom Brighton for the slow amongst you) has a particularly entertaining and eye watering anecdote about Robbie and Dermot OLeary in the private room at Rage, a local club.

39582[/snapback]

Haway then. Make our eyes water. ;)

39547[/snapback]

39561[/snapback]

39582[/snapback]

Haway then. Make our eyes water. ;)

39603[/snapback]

Yes you can't leave it at that, although remember to say allegedly.

Send it into Popbitch, they can worry about the "allegedly" and I can still get to read it. ;)

39737[/snapback]

Noticed the e-mails from them are getting more and more sparse. Maybe they have been warned off??

FF have always been shit.

Toonraider I presume you have already heard of Muse?

39545[/snapback]

yes, i have all their stuff, they are from a town about 4 miles from my home! Ive followed them from the very start and watched their rise to stardom! ;)

39545[/snapback]

yes, i have all their stuff, they are from a town about 4 miles from my home! Ive followed them from the very start and watched their rise to stardom! ;)

39759[/snapback]

Soopafan tbh.

39545[/snapback]

39759[/snapback]

Soopafan tbh.

39765[/snapback]

Im chuffed to bits that its worked out for them being a local band, although i have to say im not keen on all of their music, though id put 'unintended' as one of my favourite tracks.