New music

Toonraider

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send it into Popbitch, they can worry about the "allegedly" and I can still get to read it. ;)

39737[/snapback]

Noticed the e-mails from them are getting more and more sparse. Maybe they have been warned off??

39739[/snapback]

I think they went on a holiday/coke binge throughout August, I've had one from them the past two or three weeks so I think normal service has been resumed.

Send it into Popbitch, they can worry about the "allegedly" and I can still get to read it. :dork:

39737[/snapback]

Noticed the e-mails from them are getting more and more sparse. Maybe they have been warned off??

39739[/snapback]

I think they went on a holiday/coke binge throughout August, I've had one from them the past two or three weeks so I think normal service has been resumed.

39882[/snapback]

Their suppliers must be the numerous people they quote ;)

Both of Sons & Daughters' albums - Love The Cup and The Repulsion Box.

40713[/snapback]

I think I saw them at The Archer, from Glasgow, two lasses and two lads right?

• 1 year later...

Some great albums that have came out recently that I would recomend.

TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain

The Hold Steady - Boys & Girls In America

Yo La Tengo - I'm Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends

Califone - Roots & Crowns

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

Sean Lennon - Friendly Fire

Bonnie Prince Billy - The Letting Go

Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Lightyears In The Belly Of A Mountain

Awesome.

Awesome.

Agreed but I think the Hold Steady & Yo La Tengo albums just edge them.

Guest Patrokles

It's also worth noting that you can discover new music that isn't actually new in terms of release date. eg, From The Lion's Mouth & Jeopardy by the Sound from www.renascent.co.uk, some of Tuxedomoon's stuff, Jardín Clos and Shot & Echo by Wim Mertens, etc.

Of course, people often talk about wanting to discover new things but then when other people post on the subject, the response from some quarters is to not even click any of the links and instead churlishly deride the effort. :lol:

It's also worth noting that you can discover new music that isn't actually new in terms of release date. eg, From The Lion's Mouth & Jeopardy by the Sound from www.renascent.co.uk, some of Tuxedomoon's stuff, Jardín Clos and Shot & Echo by Wim Mertens, etc.

Of course, people often talk about wanting to discover new things but then when other people post on the subject, the response from some quarters is to not even click any of the links and instead churlishly deride the effort. :lol:

Because your links are to the wrong stuff, post links to something new that sounds like U2, floyd, radiohead, athlete, QOTSA, metallica, led zep or phil collins and Toonraider will be straight on it.

Guest Patrokles

Because your links are to the wrong stuff, post links to something new that sounds like U2, floyd, radiohead, athlete, QOTSA, metallica, led zep or phil collins and Toonraider will be straight on it.

The Sound were compared often to early U2, although they were a whole lot better.