New music

Toonraider

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road

Music of all genres has been largely shite since the turn of the century. There have been some decent bands since, and decent songs but there is far too much manufactured bollocks, and in my view there is not one song 2005-2010 which will remain timeless.

Music of all genres has been largely shite since the turn of the century. There have been some decent bands since, and decent songs but there is far too much manufactured bollocks, and in my view there is not one song 2005-2010 which will remain timeless.

I agree but you have to realise that's a classic sign of getting old ;)

there is not one song 2005-2010 which will remain timeless.

Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) will.

We need a smiley that shows both sides of it's hand then does the little fist pump trot.

Guest Barrack Road

I agree but you have to realise that's a classic sign of getting old ;)

:D

I'll be honest I pay that much attention to the music scene lately , so I might be being harsh, it's just everything lately sounds shite, the only song I really liked of the last few years was that bint who goes onthe piss with Danny Dyer all the time. I didn't know who Lady Gaga was till recently and the only reason she came up because I watched the youtube of Peter Kay calling Liam Gallagher a nobhead. Apparently she is the number one musical star in the world right now. Oh dear.

Edited by Barrack Road

Lady Gaga reminds me of the piss-poor Euro-pop I heard on family holidays to Spain when I was about 10. Except not as good.

• 11 months later...

I enjoyed the Radiohead thread. Seems like ages since there's been an 'event' release like that which a few people post about. New albums due from Foo Fighters (Wasting Light) and The Strokes (Angles)...so hopefully a bit more of those kinds of threads soon.

Also keenly awaiting imminent releases from Six Organs of Admittance, The Dodo's, Panda Bear and Gil Sott Heron.

I didn't know Gil Scott Heron had a new album out soon?

Whens it due?

Just a remix album of I'm New Here by Jamie XX called We're New Here.

Came out on Monday...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Were-New-Here-Scot...e/dp/B004EC5IWA

We’re New Here is a difficult record to pin down in terms of sound, but its perhaps easier to be looked at as a loving homage to Gil Scott-Heron. While Smith uses this album as an outlet to explore a variety of different styles, importantly he never loses sight of the source material. Even so, in paying tribute to a great artist, Jamie XX has laid significant claims to being deserving of that title himself.

http://drownedinsound.com/releases/15976/reviews/4142043

Sorry if i got hopes up for original material there.

Edited by Happy Face

I enjoyed the Radiohead thread. Seems like ages since there's been an 'event' release like that which a few people post about. New albums due from Foo Fighters (Wasting Light) and The Strokes (Angles)...so hopefully a bit more of those kinds of threads soon.

Also keenly awaiting imminent releases from Six Organs of Admittance, The Dodo's, Panda Bear and Gil Sott Heron.

Strokes :lol:

seen them 5 times, just brilliant

one of my favourite festival memories below, I was right at the front, World Cup final day, I'd literally (well 10mins previous) just told the current girlfriend to "jog on" after annoying me so far that weekend and abandoned her at zero7 to go watch the strokes.

they had to stop towards the end of the set while the penalty shoot-out got put on the big screens around the stage, stayed on stage watched them etc finished the set wandered off.

Nevermind instantly wining over a football mad irish crowd with a flag and playing olé olé olé olé

Saw them when they broke and they had to get moved from one of the tents to the main stage at Leeds. Then again a year or two later when they headlined Leeds in torrential rain when Casablancas had a broken ankle and performed the whole set on a stool.

The latter was a horrible disappointment compared to the former. I stood on me todd like a drowned rat because no-one else liked them enough to put up with those conditions. I'd fuck them right off and head for a tent in the same circumstances now. Hope the new one can change that view.

Bombay Bicycle Club

Two Door Cinema Club

Bon Iver

Band Of Horses

Manchester Orchestra

Lyyke Li

PJ Harvey's new album got 10/10

Boxer Rebellion

Cold War Kids

The Xcerts

Frightened Rabbit

The Villagers

The XX

Sleater-Kinney

Fleet Foxes new one comes out in May, Holy Ghost's new one comes out on DFA in April, be interested to hear John Maus's new one (April too iirc).

That Toro Y Moi new album is out and its not bad and am on the look out for the new Win Win album too.

Sleater-Kinney

:lol::lol:

When?

Hope your source is more solid than...In an interview from March 17, 2010, Carrie Brownstein claimed that Sleater-Kinney may reunite and release an album "sometime in the next five years."

I've been waiting for an Avalanches follow up almost a decade on that kind of promise.

Fleet Foxes new one comes out in May, Holy Ghost's new one comes out on DFA in April, be interested to hear John Maus's new one (April too iirc).

That Toro Y Moi new album is out and its not bad and am on the look out for the new Win Win album too.

Hope I'm not teaching my grandma to suck eggs, but I imagine You'll find something to like among these....

Blondes - Re-Synthesist

Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise

Steffi - Yours & Mine

Maya Jane Coles - Humming Bird EP

Rocketnumbernine - Matthew and Toby

Francesco Tristano - Idiosynkrasia

Factory Floor - Real Love

I particularly like the not "piano house" of Francesco Tristano

Edited by Happy Face

Bombay Bicycle Club

Two Door Cinema Club

Bon Iver

Band Of Horses

Manchester Orchestra

Lyyke Li

Boxer Rebellion

Cold War Kids

The Xcerts

Frightened Rabbit

The Villagers

The XX

Sleater-Kinney

I've been introduced to nearly all of them by xfm. Shame its DAB only and not available all over the country (well, it is on t'interweb of course). Very good for newish / breaking indie bands.

Heard something else catchy on there yesterday, Dinosaur someone they were called.

Bombay Bicycle Club

Two Door Cinema Club

Bon Iver

Band Of Horses

Manchester Orchestra

Lyyke Li

Boxer Rebellion

Cold War Kids

The Xcerts

Frightened Rabbit

The Villagers

The XX

Sleater-Kinney

I've been introduced to nearly all of them by xfm. Shame its DAB only and not available all over the country (well, it is on t'interweb of course). Very good for newish / breaking indie bands.

Heard something else catchy on there yesterday, Dinosaur someone they were called.

Jr?

Bombay Bicycle Club

Two Door Cinema Club

Bon Iver

Band Of Horses

Manchester Orchestra

Lyyke Li

Boxer Rebellion

Cold War Kids

The Xcerts

Frightened Rabbit

The Villagers

The XX

Sleater-Kinney

Jr?

No, Dinosaur Pile-Up it was, think they're from Leeds.

Bombay Bicycle Club

Two Door Cinema Club

Bon Iver

Band Of Horses

Manchester Orchestra

Lyyke Li

Boxer Rebellion

Cold War Kids

The Xcerts

Frightened Rabbit

The Villagers

The XX

Sleater-Kinney

Jr?

No, Dinosaur Pile-Up it was, think they're from Leeds.

Did wonder about "newish" but thought Dinosaur Jr qualified. Showing my age. :lol: