Health

Craig

The mucus can be caused by Ulcerative Colitis or IBS. Not sure about Crohns though.

Crohns can, but bleeding and mucus are more associated with UC as it involves the bottom end of the bowel whereas Crohns typically affects higher up (although it CAN affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract, from mouth to anus). UC/Crohns may not be heriditery per se but family history is always relevent.

Still, all this chat is academic at the moment. The bloods may show sign of an inflammatory process, but that's not particularly specific and the only real way of finding out is a having a look, I'm afraid.

Easier said than done Craig, but theorising about it like this will not change the outcome, so as you say, just wait and see.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best with this mate. I've had similar symptoms in the past and it took a lot of 'probing about' for them to make the diagnosis. Bad times.

Turned out it was just piles in the end though. Good times!

I've had the bloods and the results have come back all clear :blink:

Just gotta have the camera now - Luke, you were right, it's a sigmoidoscopy possibly taking a biopsy at the same time.

I've had the bloods and the results have come back all clear :blink:

Just gotta have the camera now - Luke, you were right, it's a sigmoidoscopy possibly taking a biopsy at the same time.

Yeah good news mate. Sounded quite worrying, but with the test clear I guess you can now sit back and have a nice pooooh.

I've had the bloods and the results have come back all clear :P

bit of anal craig!! :blink:

good news mate

Edited by paddy

Will you be posting the photos?

Do you want them PMing?

In the history of the world, no man has ever wanted something to happen, less.

Good news on the bloods Craig - the sigmoidoscopy with biopsy is what's called the "gold standard" test - basically the best test we have for investigating bowel problems - so hopefully you'll get a definite answer to what's been causing your problems after that.

My Mrs had all sorts of problems with something similar as well, turned out to be some sort of side effect from having Glandular Fever. Aye, she lets a total stranger stick something her up arse yet when I try to..anyway..

• 1 month later...

Well I had the sigmoidoscopy on Friday and am relieved to report that everything is totally clear...

However, having had 40cm of what looked liked garden hose pipe shoved up me jacksy and it causing me pain in my lower abdomen which had me doubled up, I can fully understand why a lot of lasses aren't forthcoming when asked if they mind something up there... :blink:

And Martin....... fair play to you mate... :razz:

Great news mate. Any chance of kicking your back doors in then, now that you're used to it?

Not a chance.... :blink:

Great news mate. Any chance of kicking your back doors in then, now that you're used to it?

Not a chance.... :blink:

Haway, I'm just under 40cm's :razz:

FYP