Newcastle United Vs Sunderland

Tom

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

The mackems yesterday made less noise than Fulham, they were utterly pathetic, in fact pathetic didn't do justice to how shite they were, I've never ever been part part of such a meak away following they were looking over at us in Level 7 like they were frightened rabbits in the headlights. They truly know their place, and if they're honest they will admit it.

The police had them utterly wrapped up in cotton wool, no one could get near them within 200 yards after the game.

According to the mackems it was a blatant push by owen on one of their players but there looked nowt wrang with it to me on the replay

I didn't see anything but the only thing I would say is that our players didn't seem to argue with the decision.

Quality atmosphere. Didn't expect the Sunderland fans to be so shit i didn't expect the team to be so shit.

Owen and Martins were chasing every ball and really wanted it. However the passing was shocking, Geremi's crossing was terrible.

Beye impressed once again & i enjoyed Harpers save.

There wasn't much football on show but the match was more enjoyable for the crack, i was in Level 7 Milburn and the singing was none stop, we even took 'Cheer up Kevin Keegan' and sang 'Cheer up Roy Keane and the mackems still didn't offer a come back or anything.

Went in the Black Bull before and afterwards and got locked in by the police, waving to the Sunderland fans on the coaches out of the windows.

Met Mike Ashley as well when Keegan was on TV on SSN the entire pub started singing 'Theres only one Kevin Keegan', Ashley joining in :blink:

Geremi needs replacing. I watched Bullard play for Fulham last week and every cross and corner he put in beat the first man. Its incomprehensible that a man who trains every day of the week for the last 10 years has not yet learnt to lift a ball over the first man

That's what everybody said as soon as he stepped up to the ball.

I actually think i can take better corners :blink:

Just on chance by blasting it i suppose, although i once scored from a corner :P

Geremi needs replacing. I watched Bullard play for Fulham last week and every cross and corner he put in beat the first man. Its incomprehensible that a man who trains every day of the week for the last 10 years has not yet learnt to lift a ball over the first man

Get someone in to compete with Butt for the DM role. Someone ideally with a bigger engine and presence.

Speaking of Bullard, I wonder if there's any chance of getting him. I remember watching him play for Peterborough and he showed signs of being a good player then.

Geremi - Gives the ball away half arsedly, wastes 99% of set pieces, can't beat the first man most of the time on crosses, then puts in a peach from nowhere which we score from. Hmm..reminds me of someone..

Im normally a big fan of Keane, but yesterday, I found his tactics absolutely baffling. First time in his reign where I've found him wanting.

For starters:

- Why play 4-5-1 against a team with such an awful defensive record? Jones was isolated nearly all game up front on his own. Must've counted at least 10 occasions where he won the first head and there was no-one within 20 yards of him to win the knock down. I though Keane realised a couple of months back that playing 4-4-2 away reaps its rewards.

- Why not play Chopra from the start? He has been arguably our best player for the last few games and had a obvious point to prove against the mags. Jones/Chopra are our top goalscorers this season. Play them together for fuck's sake.

- Why continue with Murphy and Edwards 2nd half? Neither wanted to know 1st half and simply bottled everything. Both should've been brought off at half time for Chopra and Richardson. Richardson left wing, Miller right, Whitehead and Reid in the middle. Chopra/Jones upfront. Would've given us some attacking impetous. Chopra needed to be brought on at around 60 minutes, not with 80 minutes when the game is over.

- Why not just go for it? Losing against those fuckers hurts but it hurts even more when we never really gave it a go. The whole thing reeked of damage limitation. Keegan, to be fair, said on Monday 4-3-3 - thats positive. My mate (Mag supporter) rang after the game and said it was one of the most one-sided derbies in years - couldn't really argue.

At the end of the day, Keane motivation skills and tactics were found wanting and it was apparent from the start that the players couldn't be arsed (baring Gordon/Nos/Reid/Jones).

Nice :blink:

Must hurt even more when we don't even need to step it up a gear.

Or when your fans don't sing :P

Im normally a big fan of Keane, but yesterday, I found his tactics absolutely baffling. First time in his reign where I've found him wanting.

For starters:

- Why play 4-5-1 against a team with such an awful defensive record? Jones was isolated nearly all game up front on his own. Must've counted at least 10 occasions where he won the first head and there was no-one within 20 yards of him to win the knock down. I though Keane realised a couple of months back that playing 4-4-2 away reaps its rewards.

- Why not play Chopra from the start? He has been arguably our best player for the last few games and had a obvious point to prove against the mags. Jones/Chopra are our top goalscorers this season. Play them together for fuck's sake.

- Why continue with Murphy and Edwards 2nd half? Neither wanted to know 1st half and simply bottled everything. Both should've been brought off at half time for Chopra and Richardson. Richardson left wing, Miller right, Whitehead and Reid in the middle. Chopra/Jones upfront. Would've given us some attacking impetous. Chopra needed to be brought on at around 60 minutes, not with 80 minutes when the game is over.

- Why not just go for it? Losing against those fuckers hurts but it hurts even more when we never really gave it a go. The whole thing reeked of damage limitation. Keegan, to be fair, said on Monday 4-3-3 - thats positive. My mate (Mag supporter) rang after the game and said it was one of the most one-sided derbies in years - couldn't really argue.

At the end of the day, Keane motivation skills and tactics were found wanting and it was apparent from the start that the players couldn't be arsed (baring Gordon/Nos/Reid/Jones).

It also shows the hind-sighted nature of tactics, if they'd got a 0-1 win (or even a draw) Keane would likely have been praised for nullifying and getting one over Keegan's "naive" attacking mentality.

For starters:

It also shows the hind-sighted nature of tactics, if they'd got a 0-1 win (or even a draw) Keane would likely have been praised for nullifying and getting one over Keegan's "naive" attacking mentality.

Well, if they'd won one-nil the praise would have been justified.

For starters:

Aye, still the same tactics though. Which is what will likely happen re: Keegan if we lose badly or maybe just lose.

at least we scored against Everton! Din't even look intersted yesterday! You got to take the blame for this one on your chin Roy! your got it so wrong. 2 years of hard work undone in 90 mins against the scum!!!!

:blink:

Nice.

For starters:

Aye, still the same tactics though. Which is what will likely happen re: Keegan if we lose badly or maybe just lose.

Yes, and he's getting criticised because they didn't work. Anything else you need help with there?

They didn't manage anything except turning up, shutting up and blasting it to Jones for 90 minutes.

I was loving every minute of it like, quite embarrassed the club printed Blaydon Races in the program like, but i suppose really young fans might learn it quicker that way.

Yes, and he's getting criticised because they didn't work. Anything else you need help with there?
... but they didnt manage 0-1. Kind of a completely moot point.

You're both actually PROVING my point so.... :blink::P

... but they didnt manage 0-1. Kind of a completely moot point.

You're both actually PROVING my point so.... :blink::P

The point that people use hindsight to appraise how tactics went in a match? I wouldn't argue there although I'm not sure it was a point that needed making.