Fat Sam's coming back

TheMoog

From SSN:

Former Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce is ready to return to management in the summer.

Allardyce has been out of work since leaving Newcastle in January after less than a year in the St James' Park hot seat.

He has been linked with the coaching post at Benfica and is likely to be touted for the Manchester City job, if Sven Goran Eriksson leaves, as expected, at the end of the season.

In recent months, Allardyce has been taking in plenty of games and admits he is eager to secure a new position.

"I have refocused and I am getting myself ready to start again with a fully charged battery," Allardyce told the Bolton News.

"I have mainly been watching players to stay in touch with the market.

"Wherever you go for your next management job you have got to be able to move in the critical areas."

I can see Fat Sam going somewhere like Citeh, I'm not sure he'll ever do as well as he did with Bolton but I just don't think he's capable of coming in somewhere and getting instant results - he's one of these managers that's better suited to starting in a league or two down then building up to the Prem. Still, who knows. One thing though, I'm probably just looking for it but that last sentance could be deemed as a dig at managers like Keegan who have been out of the game for a while before returning. Personally for all his sports science and all that I think the majority was just a smokescreen for the areas he lacked in.

Nowt worse than managers with ideas above their station.

At least Keegan knew his limitations both here and with England.

Allardyce has ego bigger than his kite though.

From SSN:

Former Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce is ready to return to management in the summer.

Allardyce has been out of work since leaving Newcastle in January after less than a year in the St James' Park hot seat.

He has been linked with the coaching post at Benfica and is likely to be touted for the Manchester City job, if Sven Goran Eriksson leaves, as expected, at the end of the season.

In recent months, Allardyce has been taking in plenty of games and admits he is eager to secure a new position.

"I have refocused and I am getting myself ready to start again with a fully charged battery," Allardyce told the Bolton News.

"Wherever you go for your next management job you have got to be able to move in the critical areas."

I can see Fat Sam going somewhere like Citeh, I'm not sure he'll ever do as well as he did with Bolton but I just don't think he's capable of coming in somewhere and getting instant results - he's one of these managers that's better suited to starting in a league or two down then building up to the Prem. Still, who knows. One thing though, I'm probably just looking for it but that last sentance could be deemed as a dig at managers like Keegan who have been out of the game for a while before returning. Personally for all his sports science and all that I think the majority was just a smokescreen for the areas he lacked in.

Yup, I agree with that.

no way could i see any team's from the top 10 taking fat sam on , and im not sure who there is to replace in the other 7 staying up .

can see him jumping onto one of the first sackings of next season maybe , which will be great to watch ! , sam with his lack of communication and regimented play doesnt work to well when it hasnt been established over half a decade .

city ? no chance , they are going to have to get a trophy manager in if they want to appease fans there , after watching keegan and sven team's i cant see them stomaching allershite .

Edited by Hadrian

I reckon Sam would be for a bottom half team who has struggled but perhaps have something about them. Someone like Reading or Birmingham. Or Bolton ;)

I reckon Sam would be for a bottom half team who has struggled but perhaps have something about them. Someone like Reading or Birmingham. Or Bolton ;)

That's about the strength of it aye.

That's about the strength of it aye.

Yup.

From a Bolton fan site:

One interview. A thousand articles. The reaction to Sam Allardyce`s three and a half minute stint on Talksport on Monday, is a reflection of a 24 hour news age, where the editors of Newspapers and websites have pages to fill. Allardyce`s words were neither remarkable or unpredictable, yet they`ve been reported on with a zeal that borders on the hysterical.

"I think I left them in great shape."

"It wasn`t broken, so I don`t know why all the different people tried to fix it differently, because they obviously have and it simply hasn`t worked, so I don`t know why they did it in the first place."

To the casual observer, those statements may ring true. To Bolton fans, at least the ones who remember the back end of last season, they come from a man in denial, who seeks to avoid his share of the responsibility.

In the period starting on 1st January and ending in late April, when Allardyce left the club, Bolton won a mere four times, all against bottom six opposition. They were conceding an average of two goals a game. In the hammerings at Middlesbrough, Spurs and Manchester United, the result was a foregone conclusion before the half-hour mark. Against Reading at home, three goals were conceded in the last five minutes.

Allardyce left behind a small, dispirited squad, lacking quality in several key areas. He compounded that situation by signing the execrable Gerald Cid, who was as responsible as anyone for the wretched early season results.

Did Big Sam do a good job at Bolton? Absolutely. But it wasn`t flawless. Like Alan Curbishley, he left behind a club, who were already on the skids. To pretend that isn`t so does him no service whatsoever.

He's exactly like Warnock. His ego has him thinking that a PL club will be begging him to take over, when in reality he's going to have to drop down to the Championship and lump it.

From SSN:

He`d have great success at city, would stroll fifth place there.

From SSN:

Quite possibly, with a bit of luck. He'd have a far better squad than at either of his previous 2 clubs for a start.

From SSN:

Quite possibly, with a bit of luck. He'd have a far better squad than at either of his previous 2 clubs for a start.

Well he could have fuck all complaints if he got binned off by Thaksin Shinawatra after 6 months given what he's seen happen to Sven. We'll see how principled he is if they come knocking.