Don't shoot the messenger but

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The message full of unsubstantiated rumour and tripe! :D

Time will tell, If I could tell you his name it would add a lot more credibility to the story but I'm afraid I can't.

Something`s up, that`s for sure. London Mike does not seem happy and him wanting a London is not that bizarre.

Today Liverpool have been linked with both Milner and Zog.................who would you guys rather see leave?

Time will tell, If I could tell you his name it would add a lot more credibility to the story but I'm afraid I can't.

Something`s up, that`s for sure. London Mike does not seem happy and him wanting a London is not that bizarre.

Today Liverpool have been linked with both Milner and Zog.................who would you guys rather see leave?

neither , kind of go's against the new transfer policy doesnt it , sell our two brightest youngest players who have broken the first team .

in a swap deal for old players with high wage demands .

as for ashley , ive backed him in the past , but looking at his other companys , he doesnt exactly push them on to the next level does he , sports direct still persist with their monthly closing down sales , and dunlop donnay karrimor and kangol have hardly hit new heights under his tenure .

In terms of ability and potential i'd much rather have Zog stay, but if he wants to leave he won't play well and will have to go. Milner has a top class attitude, even when the club completely fucked him about and he's a model professional, but as a winger he lacks the pace required and can't cross accurately enough.

I'd be happy for both to stay though, providing Zog wants to and will give it everything under what could be the perfect manager for him if he gets back on track attitude wise.

Nothing is "up". It is all blatantly bollocks and Wacky I can give you my number to give the lad and I will tell him he is a liar. The one piece of evidence everyone overlooks on a daily basis is that Ashley paid £100 million off our debt. The only other money man to do that was Abramovic. If he wanted to sell for a profit it would cost too much. If he wanted to make money you have to get in the CL or at least europe. This whole idea of buying cheap and selling on is probably because the youngsters feel threatened by the talk of bringing better ones in. And yes I have worked in an environment of rumours. I used to invent them for a laugh. My favourite was about bringing uniforms into t-mobile.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Nothing is "up". It is all blatantly bollocks and Wacky I can give you my number to give the lad and I will tell him he is a liar. The one piece of evidence everyone overlooks on a daily basis is that Ashley paid £100 million off our debt. The only other money man to do that was Abramovic. If he wanted to sell for a profit it would cost too much. If he wanted to make money you have to get in the CL or at least europe. This whole idea of buying cheap and selling on is probably because the youngsters feel threatened by the talk of bringing better ones in. And yes I have worked in an environment of rumours. I used to invent them for a laugh. My favourite was about bringing uniforms into t-mobile.

sounds more like putting your finances in order to make it more attractive for sale or future refinancing, dont forget mike knew he was taking on some debt , thats why he got a club with 100mill turnover for 134 mill .

The craic I heard last night from a lad who is well in with the all the youngings at the club, and I have no reason to doubt, reckons the club is well in the shit.

1. Ashley has no intention of spending big and instead wants to bring in youngsters who he can sell on for profit, sees it purely as a business.

2. Massive arguments going on all the time up there between KK and the board.

3. Ashley plans to sell up and wants to buy Tottenham.

4. Is quite happy to see Spurs pip us for players as thats where his interest lies.

5. Zog is off to liverpool but spurs are still interested so they could end up fighting it out for him.

Find a lot of it hard to believe but this kid is close friends with a lot of the youngsters including Zog and he's not the type to lie.

Not sure if the team sheet has been released but he reckons martins is out and there'll be a young dutch kid (Frank) on the bench today so we'll see how reliable he is.

Wacky, I've no doubts that this is what this lad told you, and he may even believe it 100% himself, but I just don't see how the youth players as a source are credible. Points 1, 3 and 4 are likely to be rumour and nothing else - how could any kid playing for the youths know what was going on in Ashley's head any more than you or I do? There'll be rumour spreading round the club like there is at any workplace, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Point 2 for instance - how would some kid playing for the youths know about this? It just doesn't ring true at all.

Point 5 I can see happening.

Like I say, no slight on you or your source, and who knows all or at least some of it might be true, but if it is I don't think the youth players know any more than you or I do.

sounds more like putting your finances in order to make it more attractive for sale or future refinancing, dont forget mike knew he was taking on some debt , thats why he got a club with 100mill turnover for 134 mill .

The ratio of turnover to sales price means fuck all if the club is making a loss, which it was when he bought it. Seriously, I would stop trying to argue using the numbers as your basis as, and no offence is intended here, I really don't think you're too hot on figures.

The craic I heard last night from a lad who is well in with the all the youngings at the club, and I have no reason to doubt, reckons the club is well in the shit.

1. Ashley has no intention of spending big and instead wants to bring in youngsters who he can sell on for profit, sees it purely as a business.

4. Is quite happy to see Spurs pip us for players as thats where his interest lies.

5. Zog is off to liverpool but spurs are still interested so they could end up fighting it out for him.

Find a lot of it hard to believe but this kid is close friends with a lot of the youngsters including Zog and he's not the type to lie.

Not sure if the team sheet has been released but he reckons martins is out and there'll be a young dutch kid (Frank) on the bench today so we'll see how reliable he is.

Wacky, I've no doubts that this is what this lad told you, and he may even believe it 100% himself, but I just don't see how the youth players as a source are credible. Points 1, 3 and 4 are likely to be rumour and nothing else - how could any kid playing for the youths know what was going on in Ashley's head any more than you or I do? There'll be rumour spreading round the club like there is at any workplace, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Point 2 for instance - how would some kid playing for the youths know about this? It just doesn't ring true at all.

Point 5 I can see happening.

Like I say, no slight on you or your source, and who knows all or at least some of it might be true, but if it is I don't think the youth players know any more than you or I do.

Agreed, suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Harper, Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique, Smith, Butt, Zog, Duff, Owen, Carroll

Subs: Tozer, Forster, Ramage, Lua Lua, Cacapa

Well he got the part about Martins not playing right...

Where's that from?

The ratio of turnover to sales price means fuck all if the club is making a loss, which it was when he bought it. Seriously, I would stop trying to argue using the numbers as your basis as, and no offence is intended here, I really don't think you're too hot on figures.

the problem with your response is that its very easy for ashley to reduce to outgoings of this club as we are now seeing him do , yet the income thanks to us mugs is never likely to change significantly

look at ashleys business aquisitions , he takes over companys cut's out the fat , makes them more appealing for sale .

the problem with your response is that its very easy for ashley to reduce to outgoings of this club as we are now seeing him do , yet the income thanks to us mugs is never likely to change significantly

look at ashleys business aquisitions , he takes over companys cut's out the fat , makes them more appealing for sale .

With how many of his businesses has he actually done this?

I think there are far too many people - not only from the gutter press - trying to read tea leaves...

I think there are far too many people - not only from the gutter press - trying to read tea leaves...

all of them :D

He's spent a couple of hundred million on the club to date. Who is going to come in and buy it off him such that he shows a profit? He's paid off the debt which is probably going to save us 6 or 7 m a year in interest, and that's ALL he's done so far (so basically we should turn a profit about on a par with that figure, as we were more or less break even prior to that). He's beefed up the board room and the scouting network which has eaten into some of that, and now he's (quite rightly) addressing the player wage structure, if you can even call it that, by pulling back on things like Owen's wage (if that story is to be believed).

Good luck finding someone that wants to pay £200m for a football club that will probably never show a profit of greater than £10m pa.

you dont think the 70mill debt (which he knew about) was factored into the share price ? as it was , and even then he got it cheap for a company with our income , regardless of outgoings , which like i said are easy for a guy like ashley to get down .

Edited by Hadrian

Where's that from?

That was from the NO forum

all of them :D

Strange that he hardly did sell any companies he took over but rather incorporates them into his retail business...

you dont think the 70mill debt (which he knew about) was factored into the share price ? as it was , and even then he got it cheap for a company with our income , regardless of outgoings , which like i said are easy for a guy like ashley to get down .

What I think is that you're a tabloid journalist's wet dream.

If Ashley genuinely saw it as a business and wanted to buy Spurs, I can't understand the replica-shirt wearing support he gives us and the ongoing recruitment of new figures like the new vice chairman etc.

what do you think he's going to do, wear a Spurs top ?

Nope however if he was planning on buying Spurs then he wouldnt want to be seen loving the toon shirt previously, it wouldnt give Spurs fans any confidence in their new owner.

What I think is that you're a tabloid journalist's wet dream.

Income means nothing if you ignore costs/outgoings. I could go and buy 1,000,000 things from everythings a pound and sell them for £0.10ea. Would you think my £100,000 turnover was worth it? If our wages are as high as said then either they need addressing or our T/O needs increasing. Not that easy.

Btw if you're in the youths and you're reading stuff in the papers about "young stars coming in" and all that shit, then all of a sudden you start to worry about your future, as the assumption is that these kids are going to be better than you and your path to the first team is about to be filled with fresh obstacles, as if it wasn't hard enough. This affects morale, breeds discontent, and before you know it the kids are all too willing to badmouth the new owner and the way they're hearing he wants to go about things. "Nah there's gonna be no money to spend, cos he wants to bring in young kids doesn't he? Fuck knows what he thinks we are, the fat twat, etc."

Obviously the above is supposition but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few of them not too content with what they're reading in the papers.