Students

Guest alex

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£20k debt is somewhat excessive, I got nowhere near that level.

I agree with that. I can't see that I will get anywhere near that myself.

40626[/snapback]

It's the ones who max out their credit cards and blow their student loans on a new stereo that make me laugh. Especially when they then cry poverty despite refusing to get a job. As me Dad would say 'They don't know they're born'.

£20k debt is somewhat excessive, I got nowhere near that level.

I agree with that. I can't see that I will get anywhere near that myself.

40626[/snapback]

It's the ones who max out their credit cards and blow their student loans on a new stereo that make me laugh. Especially when they then cry poverty despite refusing to get a job. As me Dad would say 'They don't know they're born'.

40630[/snapback]

I've never understood that phrase.. I've heard it in Only fools and horses and football factory and thought I misheard it.. Weird!

Anyways as a current student I'm making better friends on the courses I'm doing rather than the "crazy pissheads" I met at freshers week.. I mean I do have a few drinking friends but the more down to earth ones seem to be the ones on my course..

Got my snazzy new student metro pass yesterday. I felt like scum. :blink:

40703[/snapback]

Sub-human scum tbh :lol:

40705[/snapback]

I work full time and I still have more hours of education than Ritchie does.. how is that fair? ;):D

I'm a student, and try to avoid them if possible.

Get the Metro to Uni, go to lectures, get the Metro back home and meet with my original mates.

Easy!

40725[/snapback]

Lucky for some! All my mates are 2 hours away by car! Or 50 quid away on the train..

I've been making friends etc. so it's not too bad.. I just can't see them turning into my best mates! It's weird because in a way it's not really sunk in that I'm at Uni!

I'm a student, and try to avoid them if possible.

Get the Metro to Uni, go to lectures, get the Metro back home and meet with my original mates.

Easy!

40725[/snapback]

When I was at Uni there was a general perception that the students originally from the city (which were very much in the minority then) could be antisocial and tended to miss out socially. With attitudes like that, it's not surprising.

Come on, this thread is getting ridiculous. Not all students are as bad as is made out here. Student days are supposed to be the best days of your life, where you spread your wings a little, and have a laugh before the reality of adult responsibility kicks in. I met my wife and many good friends whilst at Uni. But it seems most on here just want the qualification and nothing else, which is a bit sad really.

The original post was a bit of a joke in all honesty. I reckon there is a loud, annoying minority of students who give the others a bad name. They're generally pretty harmless though.

I don't miss out socially though.

I still go out in Newcastle on a Thursday & Saturday, but with people who I've been friends with for ages and will be friends with in the future, not a bunch of people I don't really like and probably will never see again when I graduate.

40733[/snapback]

Well I think you are. Effectively my circle of friends quadrupled at University - and I was still friends with my mates back home and still am. Of course, I haven't kept in touch with all of them, but the ones that I have are friends for life.

It sounds like you haven't made much of an effort tbh, but fair enough if you are happy I suppose.

The original post was a bit of a joke in all honesty. I reckon there is a loud, annoying minority of students who give the others a bad name. They're generally pretty harmless though.

40734[/snapback]

Certainly opened a can of worms though. :D

40734[/snapback]

Certainly opened a can of worms though. :lol:

40744[/snapback]

That was the idea :D

I see the tossers are out in force in the toon again. You can't get bloody moved on Northumberland Street for the irritating twats. And before anyone says I'm jealous, I hated the vast majority of them when I was one and I would rather poke myself in the eye with a shitty stick than go back to 'uni'.

40191[/snapback]

On a separate note, we welcome Lou (Welsh Dragon) to the city and hope she has an enjoyable university career. :lol:

40195[/snapback]

Pretty sure I saw her in Revolution the other night, couldn't be sure though. There were loads of 'crazy' student types there anyway.

No idea if that was me. Don't think I've been there....... maybe I have, I dunno. I just go where the girls from my corridor go, pretty much. I've been trying to go out with them during Fresher's Week and be social and get to know people. But by the weekend I was knackered so was like screw it, I'm sleeping instead!

I've met some really nice people... but no one's on the same wavelength as me. Which is really weird to cope with, because in Oz, pretty much everyone I met was. Then again, I've only been here a week... it'll probably take time to work out who are the people I want to be friends with.

And whenever I've been out in a huge group of freshers I've always felt soooo sorry for everyone who gets caught up in the middle of it. I can see how it would be fuckin annoying, because it's not great even when you're part of it!

I see the tossers are out in force in the toon again. You can't get bloody moved on Northumberland Street for the irritating twats. And before anyone says I'm jealous, I hated the vast majority of them when I was one and I would rather poke myself in the eye with a shitty stick than go back to 'uni'.

40191[/snapback]

On a separate note, we welcome Lou (Welsh Dragon) to the city and hope she has an enjoyable university career. :lol:

40195[/snapback]

Pretty sure I saw her in Revolution the other night, couldn't be sure though. There were loads of 'crazy' student types there anyway.

No idea if that was me. Don't think I've been there....... maybe I have, I dunno. I just go where the girls from my corridor go, pretty much. I've been trying to go out with them during Fresher's Week and be social and get to know people. But by the weekend I was knackered so was like screw it, I'm sleeping instead!

I've met some really nice people... but no one's on the same wavelength as me. Which is really weird to cope with, because in Oz, pretty much everyone I met was. Then again, I've only been here a week... it'll probably take time to work out who are the people I want to be friends with.

And whenever I've been out in a huge group of freshers I've always felt soooo sorry for everyone who gets caught up in the middle of it. I can see how it would be fuckin annoying, because it's not great even when you're part of it!

42339[/snapback]

Maybe she saw 'Hannah' off Neighbours instead of you.

I have no idea where that's come from... and why you are suggesting that I'm like her..... but that actually hurts. :huh:  I despised Hannah.

You meanie.

42346[/snapback]

You look like her though, 'Button' :lol:

I have no idea where that's come from... and why you are suggesting that I'm like her..... but that actually hurts. :D  I despised Hannah.

You meanie.

42346[/snapback]

42349[/snapback]

Wasn't she played by a variety of actresses, or was that Lucy? :huh:

I have no idea where that's come from... and why you are suggesting that I'm like her..... but that actually hurts. :D  I despised Hannah.

You meanie.

42346[/snapback]

42349[/snapback]

Wasn't she played by a variety of actresses, or was that Lucy? :huh:

42350[/snapback]

'Twas Lucy.