Am I a bad person?

snakehips

I've just watched Plovdiv and Bolton. I wanted Plovdiv to win.

I will watch Xanti - Smogs, Everton - Bucharest and I will want Xanti and Bucharest to win.

I wanted Benfica to beat Manure.

Nearly all the games the English clubs play in europe, I want the opposition to win!

Am I a bad person? :lol::D:blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i always like to see the english clubs do well as it's good for english football, but i don't lose any sleep when they lose.

i've got non-scouse mates who celebrated liverpool's win in the champions league like it was their own club. i can't understand that like. i was pleased for them, but i had to draw the line at jumping up and down in celebration. that's reserved for toon and england victories.

I change from time to time. I know it's best for all English teams to perform well, in terms of keeping our European places quota. But sometimes I do enjoy seeing teams getting a tonking by an underdog. Generally I think it's down to ITV's coverage of Man Utd and the like that makes me root for the opposition :lol:

I'm not a hypocrite so teams i hate in the prem i hate when they play in europe. I love to see man and the arse being beaten in europe, i enjoy seeing the likes of the smogs, everton and bolton knocked out,

If its a team i dont mind then i won't mind about their result like Liverpool.

I have never understood this "support them because they're English" attitude even when its teams people hate week in and week out who have some twats for players and are supported by some complete pricks!

For me the fact they are English doesn't warrant any show of support of for another club that isn't NUFC.

Basically for me, its more a case of given the choice, id rather see an English side beat ANY European side.

I suppose its because i dont actually 'hate' any English club, there are some im not keen on obviously, and wouldnt want them to do well over here, but i dont hate them enough to see them knocked out of any european competition.

Plus even our club is supported by some complete dicks! :lol:

Means more football though, to see an English team do well...

40969[/snapback]

yeah, i just like to watch football, plus if there are an ex toon players involved i like to see how theyre doing. Its about feeling familiar with the teams and wanting to see how they do.

Its good for England and English football to do well.

I'd rather see an English team win than some of these cynical, fall over at the dfrop of a hat foreign players...especially the portuguese......or the sneaky, sly italians.

Can't understand anybody who'd want them to win over a British team but then again, it takes all sorts, I suppose.

I'd rather see an English team win than some of these cynical, fall over at the dfrop of a hat foreign players...especially the portuguese......or the sneaky, sly italians.

Can't understand anybody who'd want them to win over a British team but then again, it takes all sorts, I suppose.

40997[/snapback]

I subscribe to that school of thought :lol:

Keep the other English clubs in Europe: Playing on Thursdays, delayed flights, perhaps dodgy food or disturbed sleep patterns, more chance of picking up injuries. Anything that give us an advantage in the league, I'm all for.

And I agree with O.N about the co-efficient. Losing in the semis (as we well know) is always a hammer-blow to morale.