Most overated Prem players

Douggy B

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know anyone who particularly rates Lennon, Berbatov is quality and even a lot of Spurs fans think Jenas is rubbish.

So I am not sure where you are coming from with that.

If Lennon's lack of ability is now widely recognized, I humbly remove him from the list.

Berbatov is widely regarded as a far better and more influential player than he actually is (IMHO).

Jenas is still considered an England international is he not? If a lot of Spurs fans have seen him for the average-at-best safe-ball-playing waste of space that he is though, then I suppose you can remove him from the list too.

I'd probably agree - he's great to watch but isn't world class. He isn't at all prolific when you consider how much people value him, his finishing is inconsistent and not the quickest or strongest. I think it's a shame that Robbie Keane does just as well as him but doesn't receive near as much praise.

Jamie Carragher

Xabi Alonso

Stewart Downing

Dean Ashton

Michael Carrick

Dirk Kowt

Petr Cech

John Terry

Cesc Fabregas

Emmanuel Eboue

Wesley Brown

Scott Carson

Mido

Michael Dawson

Edited by TheInspiration

I agree with Johnny, Pippo and Trez are goal machines! :nah:

Eto’o, Drogba, Henry, Rooney, Adebayor, Messi, Torres, Van Nist, Berbatov. I'd rather have all that lot ahead of Trez.

He's scored a fair few goals for Juve I know.

Edited by Park Life

I agree with Johnny, Pippo and Trez are goal machines! :D

Eto’o, Drogba, Henry, Rooney, Adebayor, Messi, Torres, Van Nist, Berbatov. I'd rather have all that lot ahead of Trez.

But that’s the thing they both have an amazing goal scoring record I'm not talking about there actually technical ability. As they are generally not that highly rated as all rounders.

I know he is a lazy bastard though, I'm sure half the French refuse to pass to him he is that lazy. :nah:

Trez is just an out and out goal scorer though, so to compare some of those on your list is quite frankly absurd.

I mean you've mentioned Messi in there for Christ sake, last time I checked they both never even played the same positions.

Trez is just an out and out goal scorer though, so to compare some of those on your list is quite frankly absurd.

I mean you've mentioned Messi in there for Christ sake, last time I checked they both never even played the same positions.

That is absurd I agree.

So that's your average justification for Davide what's Pips excuse?

Neither are fit to tie Vieri's boots imho.

Don't think he needs on really http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_Inzaghi check out his goal scoring record

since 1997 he's scored around 1 in 2.3 games has won everything there is to win and has an excellent international goal scoring record too

The same applies to Inzaghi, both just out and out goalscorers, who have done the hardest job of all exceedingly well over their careers.

Who mentioned Vieri like? This isn't a thread about strikers who are finished.

lampard, terry, drogba, carrager, martins, steven taylor, ashton

I don't think drogba's overrated, he's a very very dangerous player for any defence to face, he's not consistent enough though due mainly to the occasions where he falls down screaming at the slightest touch

I don't think drogba's overrated, he's a very very dangerous player for any defence to face, he's not consistent enough though due mainly to the occasions where he falls down screaming at the slightest touch

im sayings hes overrated because ppl think hes world class and one one of the best strikers in the world when hes not

im sayings hes overrated because ppl think hes world class and one one of the best strikers in the world when hes not

isn't he?