South Tyneside and Sunderland

Guest Stevie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Sheffield Uni for their End Of Year Carnival and frankly I was more interested in Hypno Dog than the skirt on show there. I tell you! Kids these days are looking less and less attractive, I wouldn't be surprised if the Millions of Paedos that stalk Britains streets, don't start going off them a bit. :lol:

Was at Sheffield Uni for their End Of Year Carnival and frankly I was more interested in Hypno Dog than the skirt on show there. I tell you! Kids these days are looking less and less attractive, I wouldn't be surprised if the Millions of Paedos that stalk Britains streets, don't start going off them a bit. :lol:

;)

Guest Stevie

You could always stop shoppers in TS1 and do a poll to confirm your thoughts.

Ask them which team they hate most while you're at it.

Guest Stevie

Ask them which team they hate most while you're at it.

T'Leeds I would guess being in the same broad county.

Stevie are you a direct descendent of someone like John Dobson, Richard Grainger or John Clayton?

Your pride in your roots and disdain for all other areas suggest you must be at least 8th generation Geordie.

Perhaps we could get a statue of you erected somewhere in the city.

Guest Stevie
Stevie are you a direct descendent of someone like John Dobson, Richard Grainger or John Clayton?

Your pride in your roots and disdain for all other areas suggest you must be at least 8th generation Geordie.

I've heard worse ideas.

I know for a fact I'm at least a 6th generation geordie, a relative of mine was part of our 1924 FA Cup winning team, and 1927 Championship winning team.

My point is South Tyneside has more of a mackem look, feel and culture to it than Newcastle. You just need to look at the housing and central architecture, you can tell Sunderland was a poor place in the 19th century, the same as South Tyneside, while Newcastle clearly had money judging by stunning streets like Grey Street. The shabbyness of Sunderland and South Tyneside has continued right up to the present day, maybe people are victims of their environments and that's why mackems and people from places like Jarrow are the same, but as I said if I was from South Tyneside, I would feel I belong to Sunderland in every way more than Newcastle.

Edited by Stevie

I've heard worse ideas.

I know for a fact I'm at least a 6th generation geordie, a relative of mine was part of our 1924 FA Cup winning team, and 1927 Championship winning team.

My point is South Tyneside has more of a mackem look, feel and culture to it than Newcastle. You just need to look at the housing and central architecture, you can tell Sunderland was a poor place in the 19th century, the same as South Tyneside, while Newcastle clearly had money judging by stunning streets like Grey Street. The shabbyness of Sunderland and South Tyneside has continued right up to the present day, maybe people are victims of their environments and that's why mackems and people from places like Jarrow are the same, but as I said if I was from South Tyneside, I would feel I belong to Sunderland in every way more than Newcastle.

I thought your point was women are dogs south of the river.

I'm sure the architecture is different. Newcastle is a city after all. The small towns south of the river never had the money Newcastle had to build such structures. Seems to me like comparing Newcastle football team with Gateshead. Nothing to be conceited about. However I think towns on the ouskirts of Newcastle (such as North Shields) are absoloute shit holes compared to South Shields.

but my point was that anywhere with a high proportion of lower income earners is likely to find beauties thin on the ground and fuglies quite fat... on the ground.

Be it Sunderland, areas of Glasgow, areas of London or where ever.

I'd wager Crewe isn't exactly Ground Zero for the hotty invasion.

social%20d-thumb.gif

fat-children.jpg

So why don't you compare ST with NT which is much fairer? - you seem to be implying everything north of the river is Newcastle - it fucking isn't.

Cities have money based on things like universities, regional assemblies and organisations - none of which ST has vever had (or Sunderland for that matter)

"culturally the same as Sunderland" - fuck right off.

Edited by NJS

I quite like South Tyneside, South Shields especially. I have friends who live in County Durham and it is a strange county, you seem to have lots of random large villages quite a distance from each other. I reckon this means you get a lot of bored kids with no where to go and fuck all to do hanging around, hardly their fault really.

Just to upset you, you do realise that if you are local and think that your family has been for a long time, then its very likely you have Scottish or Irish ancestry ;) The population of Newcastle boomed with the coal / ship / armament industries attracting workers from all over, in particular those two. Many settled here and of course started families. This of course also touches on one of the reasons to the rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland with competition in those industries.

As for the places, well, Ive lived all over Newcastle and Gateshead and have worked in both as well as Sunderland. Its fair to say that both have their fair share of shitty estates and scummy people. Sunderland itself is a dump but hasnt had the regeneration of Newcastle. It is trying it seems, but its still a dump. I drove the other day past Pennywell, Hendon and a few other places I cant recall near the Alexander bridge and to be blunt, they need levelled and started over. But then, same can be said for many places in Benwell and Elswick.

Im now living in one of these "large random villages" :lol:

Guest Stevie

So why don't you compare ST with NT which is much fairer? - you seem to be implying everything north of the river is Newcastle - it fucking isn't.

Cities have money based on things like universities, regional assemblies and organisations - none of which ST has vever had (or Sunderland for that matter)

"culturally the same as Sunderland" - fuck right off.

OK culturally and aesthetically more similar to Sunderland than Newcastle.

We might have a toned down accent compared with Newcastle but it's unmistakably Tyneside rather than Wearside.

Explain what you mean.

Again if you're talking about asthetics then explain how North Tyneside is similar or different and to where.

Edited by NJS

Guest Stevie

We might have a toned down accent compared with Newcastle but it's unmistakably Tyneside rather than Wearside.

Explain what you mean.

Again if you're talking about asthetics then explain how North Tyneside is similar or different and to where.

Proper geordies from North Tyneside, and they have a lot of nice area's too. The houses in Tynemouth and Whitley Bay are in another league to South Tyneside. Take a walk from Monkseaton Metro to the sea front one day and you will see what I mean. I've worked with a lot of "pea-ple" from South Tyneside and the odd mackem word always drops in in conversation "bewk" etc... in a St-ea-ve Cram celebrity fan sort of wayah.

Edited by Stevie

Anyway, Newcastle city centre is hardly the garden of Eden. Some hideous buildings like the university block opposite Haymarket. The nasty brown bricked Eldon square, the manky hotel on top of the Newgate centre and the filthy high rise next to the brewery.

It's only recently that shite like the brewery, Swan House, that shithole on top of the Union rooms and the entire route from Haymarket down to the Co-op have been tore down and started from scratch too.

The whole of the North East is trying to regenerate.

Guest Stevie
Anyway, Newcastle city centre is hardly the garden of Eden. Some hideous buildings like the university block opposite Haymarket. The nasty brown bricked Eldon square, the manky hotel on top of the Newgate centre and the filthy high rise next to the brewery.

It's only recently that shite like the brewery, Swan House, that shithole on top of the Union rooms and the entire route from Haymarket down to the Co-op have been tore down and started from scratch too.

Ignoring 90% of the City Centre. If you take the biggest 20 cities in England, I guarantee you now, every single one of them has more monostrosity buildings than Newcastle.

My point was nothing to do with Newcastle though it was about South Tyneside and the scruffs that live between the Tyne and the Wear.

Explain what you mean.

Proper geordies from North Tyneside, and they have a lot of nice area's too. The houses in Tynemouth and Whitley Bay are in another league to South Tyneside. Take a walk from Monkseaton Metro to the sea front one day and you will see what I mean. I've worked with a lot of "pea-ple" from South Tyneside and the odd mackem word always drops in in conversation "bewk" etc... in a St-ea-ve Cram celebrity fan sort of wayah.

Snob.

Ignoring 90% of the City Centre. If you take the biggest 20 cities in England, I guarantee you now, every single one of them has more monostrosity buildings than Newcastle.

My point was nothing to do with Newcastle though it was about South Tyneside and the scruffs that live between the Tyne and the Wear.

Aye, because Boldon ASDA covers that whole area. :lol: