South Tyneside and Sunderland

Guest Stevie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle has some of the most deprived wards in the country as well. Walker also has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates iirc.

On another note, you don't work for the Council do you SLP, just wor lass reckons some kid there is about to have his arse handed to him on a plate after they found him spending 25% of his working week on a football forum.

Newcastle has some of the most deprived wards in the country as well. Walker also has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates iirc.

On another note, you don't work for the Council do you SLP, just wor lass reckons some kid there is about to have his arse handed to him on a plate after they found him spending 25% of his working week on a football forum.

:D

:D

Thought it might have been Alex but the percentages would be all wrong :rip:

Not guily m'lord, haven't been on the cooncil system for about a year! I have heard they were cracking down like, looks like I escaped just in time or I might have been in the shit!

• 2 weeks later...
TRIUMPHANT South Tyneside Council is simply the best local authority in the whole of the UK, it was confirmed today.

The authority has won the Best Achieving Council award from the Municipal Journal.

Channel 4 news broadcaster Jon Snow presented the prestigious gong at an event attended by councils from across the country at London's Hilton Park Hotel.

The judges were impressed with the council's innovative "Spirit of South Tyneside" initiative.

They said: "This top performing council has a sharp focus on its residents' needs supported by a one-team approach from senior managers and members and constantly improving satisfaction ratings."

South Shields MP David Miliband today hailed the news.

He said "I am delighted that South Tyneside Council has been recognised as the best, this is thanks to the dedication of all the staff and elected members who are working hard to make South Tyneside a better place to live and work. I would like to offer my warmest congratulations to the team.

"The leadership of South Tyneside Council must be commended for their vision, their drive and their commitment to ensure that all partners in the borough are working together."

Leader of South Tyneside Council, Coun Iain Malcolm, said: "This award is a real achievement for South Tyneside and the people of South Tyneside. As a four-star improving well council with three Beacon awards covering partnership working, members and neighbourhood working; and tackling financial inclusion – South Tyneside is recognised nationally as having achieved significant improvement.

"What is most important, though, is that we build on the strengths of our beautiful borough and continue to make a real difference out in the community. Being presented with this top award for local government helps us to build confidence in South Tyneside as a great place to live, work, visit and invest which will support us in our ambition to build a confident future for everyone in South Tyneside. We are determined to achieve much more for the people of South Tyneside."

Chief Executive Irene Lucas said: "Our one team approach supported by so many people in South Tyneside is a real strength. To be presented with the award for Best Achieving Council by the Municipal Journal is a tremendous achievement for everyone who has contributed towards our improvement journey and I would like to say a really big thank you to our members, employees, partners and the people regionally, nationally and internationally who have provided inspiration and challenge."

Chairman of the Association of North East Councils, Coun Mick Henry, said: "This award is well deserved and is recognition of South Tyneside's significant achievements in recent years."

Geoff Ford, chairman of the South Tyneside Enterprise Partnership and Ford Components, based in South Tyneside, said: "It is real privilege to be part of such a high achieving council and partnership that has such a strong vision, ambition and determination to deliver improvements in so many areas."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/South-T...ncil.4233465.jp

<_<

• 1 year later...
Guest Stevie

Even the mackems agree and uphold my stance.

Default Re: Gateshead hate Newcastle!

Newcastle as a city and a club have only ever cared about themselves

thats one reason why Sunderland as a City only ever got the crumbs from the table and as been under financed for years!

From Teed that, well said Teed

How I long for the abolition of Tired and Weary and our re-introduction to the wonderful county of Durham ... along with Gateshead.

We would still hear the faint echo of gobshite from north of the Tyne ... but it would just be a minor irritation. We could scratch it to make it go away.

Well fucking said mate.

Seems like I have something in common with these mackems after all.

Guest TheNewinsider

The statistics which created that "most deprived" list is based on data from 2001. Things have likely changed for all northeast areas since then as the economies of Sunderland, Gateshead, Newcastle and South Tyneside actually have increased by a great deal since then, aswell as the employment rates in those areas growing.

Also, talking of a "Sunderland influence",

Now that newcastle are in the championship and declining rapidly as club, with Sunderland still in the premier league the influence and popularity of them in South Tyneside and County Durham will grow. As generally if Newcastle don't pull themselves right soon, new generations of fans will see Sunderland as more appealing and slowly a fixed mentallity will grow that Sunderland is infact regional club (not stating it is yet), as premier league clubs generally have better coverage, more money, and better players, which all helps that cause I have stated. Which is exactly what happened in 1992 when Keegan took you up and built a team of superstars, whilst Sunderland were left rotting scraping for survival in the championship in a deteriorating roker park with a team of below standard nobodies. Newcastle became the regions choice, and many people in the city of sunderland area itself in Houghton, Washington, Hetton, even turned black and white sadly. Whilst it is beneficial to have these people on your side and have more support, they can also turn away from the club as fast as they joined...

This process takes years to shape though and certainly didn't happen with a click of a finger when you are relegated, so don't worry yet toon fans. As in terms of size, popularity and influence you infact still are the "regional" and seemingly biggest club in the area for now, and I was merely predicting what will certainly happen if you don't pull yourselves right and fail make an effort to return to the premiership (which has a bleak chance at the moment). Sunderland and the whole of the northeast was virtually painted black and white in the 1990's and in many ways still is, but for you lot now there is a danger of the exact opposite happening, and rather than snapping at me for stating this, it's easier to blame the fat fuck who's caused all this trouble for you.

Nobody will paint the North East red and white you deluded mackem muppet.

Nobody cares about you. Get that through your thick skull and choke on your cheesy chips.

.. so you honestly believe that if Newcastle United aren't returned to the premiership in a couple of years, sunderland itself will suddenly become a metropolis?

I'd have what you're smokin if I wasn't fearful of the inescapable flashbacks for years to come.

Fact is, with or without football, Newcastle is a vastly superior place to be.

Guest TheNewinsider
.. so you honestly believe that if Newcastle United aren't returned to the premiership in a couple of years, sunderland itself will suddenly become a metropolis?

I'd have what you're smokin if I wasn't fearful of the inescapable flashbacks for years to come.

Fact is, with or without football, Newcastle is a vastly superior place to be.

I was referring to the club, not the city.

Just because we have gone down it doesn't suddenly make you a good club. :rolleyes:

There are loads of premier league clubs more attractive, like ones that can actually stay in the league for a few years without doing a yo yo.

Guest TheNewinsider

Nobody cares about you. Get that through your thick skull and choke on your cheesy chips.

Such a childish, ignorant and immature response to a perfectly valid post. I knew you'd deny what I've stated, but it's true if Newcastle keep going in the direction they are and Sunderland remain in the premiership. Sunderland would become the number one choice in the region, simple as.

Nothing in your small black and white minded brain can ever prevent that from happening.

Idiot.

Guest TheNewinsider
Just because we have gone down it doesn't suddenly make you a good club. :rolleyes:

There are of premier league clubs more attractive, like ones that can actually stay in the league for a few years without doing yo yo.

Where did I say that then? :)

You stupid fucker.

Such a childish, ignorant and immature response to a perfectly valid post. I knew you'd deny what I've stated, but it's true if Newcastle keep going in the direction they are and Sunderland remain in the premiership. Sunderland would become the number one choice in the region, simple as.

Nothing in your small black and white minded brain can ever prevent that from happening.

Idiot.

:rolleyes:

Clean that venom off your monitor you silly little boy!

If Sunderland become the ''number one choice'' in the region. Then god help the region because we are fucked!

So your logic is that IF Newcastle continue to spiral into oblivion, relegation following relegation, financial crises heaped upon eachother like cheese on chips, IF that comes to pass, sunderland will be a bigger club?

:rolleyes:

Watch out lads we have a savant here.

Not sure its wise to compare Newcastle in the Keegan years with Sunderland under Bruce. I honestly can't see Sunderland ever being a trendy club like Newcastle was in the 90s. And of course there's always the problem that Sunderland isn't even really a proper city. It's a large slightly shit town in reality.

Not sure its wise to compare Newcastle in the Keegan years with Sunderland under Bruce. I honestly can't see Sunderland ever being a trendy club like Newcastle was in the 90s. And of course there's always the problem that Sunderland isn't even really a proper city. It's a large slightly shit town in reality.

Wasn't Sunderland awarded city status in some kind of competition? :rolleyes: