What console is your favourite of all time?

Wavey Davey

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone had their PSX chipped like. :D

Sony must have lost fucking loads. :rip:

I was the only person I knew of that didn't. It still didn't stop me from amassing loads of games though. I've no idea how I managed it considering the meager amount of pocket money I was on :lol:

Actually this was the one time I wasn't too bothered about only getting the "Congratulations" after completing it.

Never owned a console, so Amiga all the way for me, and many of the games have been mentioned already.

Loved SWOS, Kick Off 1+2 and player manager (which used kick off 1 engine), Speedball 2...i imagine half my waking life was spent on those games just mentioned here!

Also loved Moonstone for th Amiga, incredibly violent/gory game in its day with blood n guts, decaptiations and impalings galore, so much so there was an option to turn it all off!

Wouldn't have sold nowhere near as many if modding wasn't so widespread for it.

Helped establish them in the market tbh

That'll be me....

What's more it's still in my wardrobe complete with all the games! Might dig it out sometime soon for a nostalgia evening :D

Wouldn't have sold nowhere near as many if modding wasn't so widespread for it.

Helped establish them in the market tbh

Arguably the same for the PSP.

nuff said.

Two and a half fucking hours?! :rip:

is this a full play through or something?

A good game, but who the hell is gonna watch that? :D

nuff said.

Two and a half fucking hours?! :rip:

is this a full play through or something?

A good game, but who the hell is gonna watch that? :D

Yeah. The guy who did this has full play thoughs for most games on Amiga.

He must have a premium membership or something. :lol:

Also great games:

The ORIGINAL!

Anybody have the 100 games in 1 cartridges for the Game Boy?

What a rip! It was fifteen games over and over!

:D Aye, usually bought from a shady electronics shop in Spain on holiday? Mine had a Pokemon game on, Dr. Mario, Centipede, a Popeye platformer and the like repeated until it reached 100.

Amiga 500 + (yes the all important +) loved it .....me and my brother got one for a christmas one year ... god i must have spent fucking hours on it !!!!!! so many quality games .

And some not quite so quality........ although IIRC the graphics were quite nice for the time.

screens_feature-39345.jpeg

Tbf, when people say their favourite consoles were the SNES, N64, Megadrive etc, do they mean that more from a nostalgic point of view? For example, Goldeneye was the best FPS ever a few years ago but it would seem outdated now. Maybe I'm wrong as the oldest console I've owned is the PSX.

Tbf, when people say their favourite consoles were the SNES, N64, Megadrive etc, do they mean that more from a nostalgic point of view? For example, Goldeneye was the best FPS ever a few years ago but it would seem outdated now. Maybe I'm wrong as the oldest console I've owned is the PSX.

My view was based on the fact I played on the SNES for hours on end when i should have been doing homework, was grounded had no money and had 6 weeks holidays to fill.

I know the xbox and Wii are better, but having better things to do now I'm older with a cash flow, I don't think I even reach an hour a week if I don't have a new game. So I'll never get as much fun from them.

Edited by Happy Face

Nothing beat the excitement of the Atari 2600 with Space Invaders and Pacman, Xmas day 1981 iirc. The start of my inexorable drift into hedonism tbh.

I dunno, I'd say it was nostalgia combined with the leaps forward at the time and how the stand up now (SNES Mario Kart is still very playable in multiplayer mode, so are a lot of 8 bit games, and 16bit things like Syndicate).

Fact is though these days with the way game development is a game from a few years ago may well be better in all ways than a new game barring that that new game shows 1000 wrinkles on the characters skin compared to 500 (take something like Deus Ex with the modded higher rez skins for example, and that's an 8 year old game).