Oasis

Happy Face

Had a spilff with Liam in the beer garden of The Steeles* on Haverstock Hill which was my old local in London. He was funny. They both used to drink in there on the odd occasion. The first album is excellent and caught the moment quite well.

*Trivia fans will be interested to know that the pub scene in Goal was also filmed in there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest group ever. Fact

A claim grander than any of Thompers.

Good luck with defending that opinion.

:icon_lol:

Anyone who disagrees will be kicked to fuck

I disagree. On both counts :icon_lol:

First two albums were both excellent and the third would have been really good too if it wasn't so overblown.

Since then they've done the occasional good song but the albums are patchy at best.

The last one is shite though.

First two albums were both excellent and the third would have been really good too if it wasn't so overblown.

Since then they've done the occasional good song but the albums are patchy at best.

The last one is shite though.

Saved me writing the same thing.

this pretty much sums up your average oasis fan.

No it doesn't.

You're not allowed to say you still like them though as it's not cool.

Definitely Maybe = Best album they've done. My second favourite album by anyone EVER

(What's The Story) Morning Glory = Not as good as DM but still a fantastic and important album

Be Here Now = I don't understand how it's gets slated. Yeah, it's a bit overblown and coked up, but it's still great.

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants = By far the worst album they've done. Go Let It Out, Gas Panic! and Sunday Morning Call are really good. Little James however is dreadful and cringeworthy, while I Can See A Liar. Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is and Roll It Over are poor. The sad thing is though if they'd swapped some of the B-sides for those, stuff like One Way Road and Full On and included the unreleased demo of that era Solve My Mystery, it would have been a decent album.

Heathen Chemistry = For me that was back to form, I'd put it as their third best album behind WTSMG and slightly ahead of BHN.

Don't Believe The Truth = Not outstanding, but a solid album. The second worst they've done, but it's in 'the pack' with SOTSOG trailing far far behind it.

Definitely Maybe = Best album they've done. My second favourite album by anyone EVER

(What's The Story) Morning Glory = Not as good as DM but still a fantastic and important album

Be Here Now = I don't understand how it's gets slated. Yeah, it's a bit overblown and coked up, but it's still great.

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants = By far the worst album they've done. Go Let It Out, Gas Panic! and Sunday Morning Call are really good. Little James however is dreadful and cringeworthy, while I Can See A Liar. Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is and Roll It Over are poor. The sad thing is though if they'd swapped some of the B-sides for those, stuff like One Way Road and Full On and included the unreleased demo of that era Solve My Mystery, it would have been a decent album.

Heathen Chemistry = For me that was back to form, I'd put it as their third best album behind WTSMG and slightly ahead of BHN.

Don't Believe The Truth = Not outstanding, but a solid album. The second worst they've done, but it's in 'the pack' with SOTSOG trailing far far behind it.

Aye, I'd go along with that like.

Definitely Maybe and What's The Story are both excellent.

Their third best album is the B-sides one.

Everything else is average-to-dull.

I agree with the folks who said they'd got less and less interested with each album release. I didn't even bother stealing the last one.

I think he was kidding like.

• 1 month later...