Hertha Berlin v Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Who knows anything about them? Isegrim/Parky are you knocking about?

I watched them against Liverpool Reserves, and frankly they would get relegated from the Premiership on that showing. Looking at their list of players on wiki, I'm only really familiar with Simunic, who Rooney raped at Euro 2004. They seem a big club though average gate 45,000 last season but so they should be only major club in Germany's biggest city. Apparently 8,000 toon fans are there, wonder how many krauts there'll be.

They played last night in Moldova, drew 0-0 with some shite team they'd beaten 8-0 in the first leg, so they'll be done in, we have better players surely, more fans certainly, so and many of you won't care if we do or don't, we should win. The 6/4 available at Hills, Coral and Lads looks well tempting.

Their squad:

1 Jaroslav Drobný

2 Kaká

3 Arne Friedrich (captain)

4 Steve von Bergen

5 Sofian Chahed

7 Cicero (on loan from Fluminense)

8 Pál Dárdai (vice-captain)

9 Marko Pantelić

10 Raffael

12 Christian Fiedler

13 Marc Stein

14 Josip Šimunić

15 Rodnei

16 Lúcio

17 Bryan Arguez

18 Srđan Lakić

20 Patrick Ebert

21 Solomon Okoronkwo

23 Valeri Domovchiyski

25 Maximilian Nicu

26 Łukasz Piszczek

28 Fabian Lustenberger

29 Sascha Bigalke

30 Christopher Gäng

35 Shervin Radjabali-Fardi

36 Lennart Hartmann

38 Ibrahima Traoré

39 Florian Riedel

40 Sascha Burchert

44 Gojko Kačar

They must watch Only Fools N Horses in Germany because one of the headlines on their news page on the OS says "Oh Dear Rodnei" :icon_lol: funny kraut cunts.

Looking forward to seeing Bassong today, and of course Spiderman.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows anything about them? Isegrim/Parky are you knocking about?

I watched them against Liverpool Reserves, and frankly they would get relegated from the Premiership on that showing. Looking at their list of players on wiki, I'm only really familiar with Simunic, who Rooney raped at Euro 2004. They seem a big club though average gate 45,000 last season but so they should be only major club in Germany's biggest city. Apparently 8,000 toon fans are there, wonder how many krauts there'll be.

They played last night in Moldova, drew 0-0 with some shite team they'd beaten 8-0 in the first leg, so they'll be done in, we have better players surely, more fans certainly, so and many of you won't care if we do or don't, we should win. The 6/4 available at Hills, Coral and Lads looks well tempting.

Their squad:

1 Jaroslav Drobný

2 Kaká

3 Arne Friedrich (captain)

4 Steve von Bergen

5 Sofian Chahed

7 Cicero (on loan from Fluminense)

8 Pál Dárdai (vice-captain)

9 Marko Pantelić

10 Raffael

12 Christian Fiedler

13 Marc Stein

14 Josip Šimunić

15 Rodnei

16 Lúcio

17 Bryan Arguez

18 Srđan Lakić

20 Patrick Ebert

21 Solomon Okoronkwo

23 Valeri Domovchiyski

25 Maximilian Nicu

26 Łukasz Piszczek

28 Fabian Lustenberger

29 Sascha Bigalke

30 Christopher Gäng

35 Shervin Radjabali-Fardi

36 Lennart Hartmann

38 Ibrahima Traoré

39 Florian Riedel

40 Sascha Burchert

44 Gojko Kačar

They must watch Only Fools N Horses in Germany because one of the headlines on their news page on the OS says "Oh Dear Rodnei" :icon_lol: funny kraut cunts.

Looking forward to seeing Bassong today, and of course Spiderman.

Mid-table side. Freidrich and Raffael are the better players. They should tonk what we're taking out there no probs. Don't know if they're still using wing-backs, but can be tricky in that formation. For me it's a chance to have a look at one or two young Brazilians..Cicero etc..

They are ahead of us in fitness and we aren't really taking most of our impact players so 3-1 or 4-1 to them.

Edited by Park Life

Guest Stevie
7pm KO, quite night in I think.

9pm

Well Parky, based on what I saw of them against Liverpool and the fact they played last night, if we can't beat them we 're officially pish.

Live: Hertha Berlin vs. Newcastle Utd

Live pre-season friendly tussle from the the ONO Estadi in Mallorca as Kevin Keegan continues his preparation for the new campaign as Newcastle visit Hertha Berlin

Prog starts: 18:55

KO: 19:00

EDIT: (From Setanta site)

Edited by Besty

8 pm according to .com. I assume that's our time.

The Magpies face Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin on Friday (7pm KO UK time) and then play the final tie of the Cup against hosts Mallorca two days later (9pm KO UK time.)

From .com.

9pm

Well Parky, based on what I saw of them against Liverpool and the fact they played last night, if we can't beat them we 're officially pish.

We've got our better players missing and it's not like Liverpool where they did massive rotations with a generally high standard. when the younger lads come on it will be hard to get a result.

KK might try Guti as a forward. :icon_lol:

What did you think of Rodnei? Did he play?

8 pm according to .com. I assume that's our time.

The Magpies face Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin on Friday (7pm KO UK time) and then play the final tie of the Cup against hosts Mallorca two days later (9pm KO UK time.)

From .com.

Just spotted that. They've got it as 8 on the bit down the left. Amateurs tbh.

Guest Stevie

9pm

We've got our better players missing and it's not like Liverpool where they did massive rotations with a generally high standard. when the younger lads come on it will be hard to get a result.

Apparently he gets Dave in the dressing room, but I can't remember him if he played. One thing that stood out was how shite the right back "Kaka" was.

According to the Chronicle......Newcastle fans will occupy almost three quarters of the stadium tonight against Hertha Berlin, and the opener of the Mallorca Summer Cup will be almost be like a home game for Kevin Keegan’s side...........they're saying we'll have 15,000+ going off when they said 8,000 last night. Lee Ryder will be as bad as Anal in years to come.

Edited by Stevie

9pm

Apparently he gets Dave in the dressing room, but I can't remember him if he played. One thing that stood out was how shite the right back "Kaka" was.

According to the Chronicle......Newcastle fans will occupy almost three quarters of the stadium tonight against Hertha Berlin, and the opener of the Mallorca Summer Cup will be almost be like a home game for Kevin Keegan’s side...........they're saying we'll have 15,000+ going off when they said 8,000 last night. Lee Ryder will be as bad as Anal in years to come.

I doubt it'll make any difference. If they occupy three quarters againt Heartha they would need 45,000 ... and even in your fanciful world that ain't gonna happen.

Edited by Torres

Guest Stevie

9pm

I doubt it'll make any difference.

Who asked you?

Newcastle United: Steve Harper, Claudio Cacapa, Danny Guthrie, Charles N’Zogbia, James Milner, Alan Smith, Jonas Gutierrez, Geremi, Nicky Butt ©, Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor

Subs: Jose Enrique, Damien Duff, David Edgar, Frank WIafe Danquah, Ben Tozer, Tim Krul, Mark Doninger, Ryan Donaldson, Jonny Godsmark, Sebastien Bassong

Hertha Berlin: Christian Fielder, Claudiano Bezarra Kaka, Teve Von Bergen, Sofian Chahed, Santos Cicero, Marko Pantelic, Rafael Caetano, Mark Stein, Rodneo De Lima, Bryan Arguez, Fabian Lustenberger

Subs: Jaroslav Drobny, Srdjan Lakic, Valeri Domovchyski, Maximulian Nicu, Sasha Bigalke, S.Radjabali Fardi, Lennart Harrtmann