Why haven't we bought a proper DM yet?

Park Life

Its not as though there are loads of decent ones knocking about is there?

There's 100's of em. All failed midfielders of course. :(

Edited by Park Life

Why the fixation in modern day football with DM's and AM's may I ask? What's wrong with a good old central midfielder may I ask?

They died out due to global warming, can only see them in captivity now.

We don't have the funds. :( Keegan doesn't want one. We are too shiet to attract any. All are plausible.

Regards,

Attain

Edited by Attain

Tacklers Team Tackles Success rate

Reo-Coker Aston Villa 178 80%

Mascherano Liverpool 165 76%

Malbranque Tottenham 158 76%

Muamba Birmingham 156 76%

Butt Newcastle 151 72%

Passers Team Passes Accuracy

Fabregas Arsenal 2318 81%

Clichy Arsenal 1975 83%

Flamini Arsenal 1710 87%

Gerrard Liverpool 1652 78%

Butt Newcastle 1630 75%

The OPTA stats show that he may not be as shite as one may think! I don't know if you can read too much into them though, but still....

Faye can play there and he`s a monster who`s good in the air thus offering more than Butt will defending set plays. Get a creative midfielder first although I suspect from comments made by KK that Guthrie will be filling that particular void thus saving Fat Mike a few quid

We need to get a striker pretty quick once we offload Smith n the stroller

Guest Stevie

Butt Newcastle 151 72%

Clichy Arsenal 1975 83%

Flamini Arsenal 1710 87%

Butt Newcastle 1630 75%

The OPTA stats show that he may not be as shite as one may think! I don't know if you can read too much into them though, but still....

If he was 24 I'd give him a five year contract.

Butt Newcastle 151 72%

Clichy Arsenal 1975 83%

Flamini Arsenal 1710 87%

Butt Newcastle 1630 75%

What it doesn't show is how many games we were getting dominated in while he was running around prettying up his figures. And as Stevie says.

There are a lot worse than Butt although the fact is age is catching up with him and he isnt the player that he was, squad player yes but our first choice holding midfielder I dont reckon he can do a full season and as I said before I would give Faye a crack providing the Colloccini deal eventually goes through

There are a lot worse than Butt although the fact is age is catching up with him and he isnt the player that he was, squad player yes but our first choice holding midfielder I dont reckon he can do a full season and as I said before I would give Faye a crack providing the Colloccini deal eventually goes through

It's a shame we didn't get Butt when Robson first went for him, but that was a long while ago now, certainly someone else that isn't going to last too much longer.

It's a shame we didn't get Butt when Robson first went for him, but that was a long while ago now, certainly someone else that isn't going to last too much longer.

Shame we never got Carrick.

Shame we never got Carrick.

Off the top of my head, isnt Carricks favourite club newcastle?

He was let go through our academy fuck up last time keegan was here and ended up at west ham. i don't think we ever put a bid in for him before he went to manure, but if we did i have a feeling he still would have went there. I'd love it if he signed for us, but don't think he'll be going anywhere for a long time.

Edited by Geordie Boyo